Alfa Romeo Forum banner

What have you done to your Mito today?

32218 Views 266 Replies 55 Participants Last post by  David P
?
201 - 220 of 267 Posts

· Registered
1,690 Posts
Listened to my daughters 0.9 twinair make disturbing clattering noises on start up and low revs during rev build up.. turned it off and left it at home... will need to work that out next week.. opened the bonnet and decided it is not a heat shield.. comes from either top centre or top centre left side near pulleys... .Timing Chain ? Twinair thing.. 62 plate 0.9 Sportiva, 28k miles.. FSH.. bummer...

· Registered
610 Posts
Listened to my daughters 0.9 twinair make disturbing clattering noises on start up and low revs during rev build up.. turned it off and left it at home... will need to work that out next week.. opened the bonnet and decided it is not a heat shield.. comes from either top centre or top centre left side near pulleys... .Timing Chain ? Twinair thing.. 62 plate 0.9 Sportiva, 28k miles.. FSH.. bummer...
Check the turbo wastegate actuator linkage. Mine rattles at low rpm. Was really hard to locate.

· Registered
1,690 Posts
Check the turbo wastegate actuator linkage. Mine rattles at low rpm. Was really hard to locate.
Thanks Jpe61.. a good place to start .. will take a look. is it obvious that it is the culprit and how did you check ?

· Registered
610 Posts
Mine stops rattling if the visible part of the rod is pressed (don't burn fingers, hot hot hot). My engine is 1.4 MA, but the setup is pretty much the same.
Light Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Rod goes from the blue blob along the arrow.

· Registered
1,172 Posts
Got it in the mail yesterday, fitted it today, turns out the right audio channel only provides a high pitched whine, no music. So i've taken it back out and emailed the seller, hope i can get it replaced without too much hassle
Got a replacement adapter in the mail today, fitting it took 2 minutes including testing, and i now have audio on both channels :)

Only downside is that the volume output from the adapter is relatively low, so i need to turn the radio up quite a bit compared to radio/cd, but that is OK

· Registered
1,690 Posts
Been down to MVC in Sale, Manchester and paid up for the Mito's new DMF,DMF Bolt kit, 3 piece clutch, thrust bearing, Full service with plugs etc and a clean MOT with no advisories. No errors found in daigs so hopefully.. fingers crossed.. all now good. looking forward to getting it back later when my wife can drop me off to collect . (y)

Reactions: Jpe61
201 - 220 of 267 Posts