Alfa Romeo Forum banner

What have you done to your Mito today?

32223 Views 266 Replies 55 Participants Last post by  David P
?
181 - 200 of 267 Posts

· Administrator
90,133 Posts
Voting now open for the previous entries November 2021 AO Detailing Competition Vote

Vote for whoever you think deserves to win (y)

December Detailing competition now open for entries December 2021 Detailing Competition Entries

Don't let the title put you off, it doesn't have to be a full detail, a wash & a clean will do, if the car looks good take some pics & submit them, please include some info on what you have done to the car (y)

Check out the updated rules here Monthly Detailing Competition Rules

· Registered
7 Posts

· Registered
1,172 Posts
picked up a sport cloth interior (black on black) to replace my base spec cloth interior. I had a red on black sport interior in my first mito, and it is just so much cooler, the base cloth stuff shouldnt be sold in mitos, but in fiats..

Either way, i already put the back seat in, which is now a 40-60 split (with cloth back rather then steel), but ive run into a small snag. despite having a 1 piece backseat, my mito luckily had all the holes etc.. but im missing the buckle for the middle belt, and the 2 point belt previously in the car wont fit. Now either i hunt down a middle buckle, or i find a way to delete the belt from the back-rest. Im kind of partial to option #2, given that i dont consider the mito a 5 seater, but im not sure i can make it look clean enough.

Also, the middle buck, from what i can find, doesnt fit snug in the seat as the outer ones do, so does it just flop about on the back seat? Do people just hide it below the seat when not in use?

Either way, massively chuffed with the new interior, the new front seats also have lumbar support :) cant wait to fit them.

· Registered
1,690 Posts
Picked up my daughters new, to her, 2012 .85 Twinair Sportiva from Maidenhead and drove it to Manchester (186 miles).. What a fun car !! Next will be detailing and sorting a few niggles -

Electric window switches surround in drivers door is sticky.. need a new one.
Detailing time - just had new tyres and needs a right good valet

Pics to follow in daylight !!

Reactions: W1NST

· Registered
1,172 Posts
Tried my hand at fitting my front seats from the interior upgrade.

On the passenger seat, the very first bolt i tried a) snapped my specially purchased T35 bit and b) then was stuck soooo bad that it took serious grinding, modification of one of my impact-sockets and a whoooole lot of dak-dak-dak of my 500 NM air-impact to get the thing out, bloody *******. Off course i also managed to mangle at least one more bolt, so that seat is now held in place with 2 proper bolts, one DIY shop M10 bolt and one "nothing" meaning ill order some new bolts to get it properly stuck in place.

Driver seat went relatively well, although the folding mechanism is only semifunctional (back fold, seat doesnt slide forward)

Back to the bolts though, does anyone know why alfa a) elected to use Torx-35 bolts, which from what ive found is the single most rare and elusive tool in automotive land and b) used relatively soft steel, so that using a T30 bit will kinda work, but putting even a tiny bit too much force on it, which mangle the bolt to FUBAR within a second?

Either way, chuffed with the new interior, pissed off that it is taking about 10x the effort i was expecting, and on top of the money for the interior, a good amount of T35 bits and new bolts.

Now pondering what the next upgrade is, ive got a roof-line spoiler which needs paint (so warmer weather), and i kinda want a proper phone holder and bluetooth, and im mulling over getting a remap, 95hp over 78 sounds serious, but its only above 5000 rpm that there is any effect

· Registered
1,690 Posts
Been reversed into by a Volvo XC90...... :mad:

Parked, engine off and waiting.. car in front reversed into the nose and the bumper has torn at the level of the third bar down in the Scudetto on both sides...

Sigh...

· Registered
1,726 Posts

Parked, engine off and waiting.. car in front reversed into the nose and the bumper has torn at the level of the third bar down in the Scudetto on both sides...

Sigh...
Sods law - sorry to hear that. If you need a new bumper and grille, could be an opportunity to change to the facelifted versions if you fancied it.

· Registered
1,690 Posts
Sods law - sorry to hear that. If you need a new bumper and grille, could be an opportunity to change to the facelifted versions if you fancied it.
Hmm... good idea.. Car is going to the insurers preferred repairers but I might have a word ... good call.... :)

· Registered
1,172 Posts

Sigh...
That is taking "getting the first small scratch over with" to some extreme...

Ill be picking up the replacement seat bolts today hopefully, so when the weather clears up i can get my passenger seat properly fixed in place, and have a 4 person car again.

· Registered
1,172 Posts
Fitted the new seat bolts last week, so now i have a safe and functional 4 seater again. Ordered a middle-seat belt clicker to fit the middle three point belt (converted from a one piece rear seat to a split, which comes with a third three point belt), so soon i will have a 5 seater.

Also my blower resistor seems to changed its mind again and died again (after previously reviving itself), luckily i still have a new one on the shelf, i just hope this is the end of my ongoing battle with the blower system.

Next on the list are ordering some sound damping mats so i can change over the door cards to those from the new interior and tackle some bass drone while i have the cards off, and seeing how hard it is to change the seat covers, the drivers seat on my "new" interior doesnt fold properly and has a massive amount of creaks and groans when i sit down, so i might want to swap the seat covers onto my old, perfectly functional frame.

Also, perhaps something with a bluetooth adapter, but currently funds and energy are a bit limited, so ill be happy once i get the above sorted.

· Registered
1,690 Posts
Got it back with a new bumper and grille. Job was done well (y) Can now crack on with some odds and ends it needs.

· Registered
82 Posts
Hi guys, just a quick one if you know of a friend or family member who would be interested in buying my lovely 2014 mito spotivia 0.85 litre with ONLY 32,000 miles on the clock 🤩! Comes with a new exhaust , air filter, spacers , remap, £500 Sony touch screen unit and full service history etc…!
It’s a super car but have to sell due to now getting a company work in the near future.

please let me know as after a fast sale

Thank you 😊

· Registered
610 Posts
Not today (yesterday), and not my MiTo (thinking of buying), took it to my garage to check where the slight rattle is coming from... was the flywheel for sure, now trying to determine whether it was serious...

181 - 200 of 267 Posts