Alfa Romeo Forum banner

What have you done to your Mito today?

32215 Views 266 Replies 55 Participants Last post by  David P
?
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
610 Posts
Not today (yesterday), and not my MiTo (thinking of buying), took it to my garage to check where the slight rattle is coming from... was the flywheel for sure, now trying to determine whether it was serious...

· Registered
610 Posts
Listened to my daughters 0.9 twinair make disturbing clattering noises on start up and low revs during rev build up.. turned it off and left it at home... will need to work that out next week.. opened the bonnet and decided it is not a heat shield.. comes from either top centre or top centre left side near pulleys... .Timing Chain ? Twinair thing.. 62 plate 0.9 Sportiva, 28k miles.. FSH.. bummer...
Check the turbo wastegate actuator linkage. Mine rattles at low rpm. Was really hard to locate.

· Registered
610 Posts
Mine stops rattling if the visible part of the rod is pressed (don't burn fingers, hot hot hot). My engine is 1.4 MA, but the setup is pretty much the same.
Light Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Rod goes from the blue blob along the arrow.

· Registered
610 Posts
Put new floormats in:

· Registered
610 Posts
Cam belt, waterpump and accessory belt change. Well, actually I didn't do it, as I got a reasonable quote with a rental car for the day and 2 year warranty for parts and work. Didn't make any sense to buy the parts and spend a weekend fighting the damn thing 😏

Having a reputable garage do the work also pays off, since I'm prolly keeping this beauty only for one more year 🥲

1 - 17 of 17 Posts