Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
86,096 Posts
Sounds like it's going to be good weather for the long weekend, so ...

May Detailing competition now open for entries http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/car-detailing/1147106-may-2018-detailing-competition-entries.html

Don't let the title put you off, it doesn't have to be a full detail, a wash & a clean will do, if the car looks good take some pics & submit them, please include some info on what you have done to the car :thumbs:

Check out the updated rules here http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/car-detailing/745785-monthly-detailing-competition-rules.html

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Cleaned it for the first time after picking it up from Mangos on Friday. Black 65 plate 105 twin air Progression with factory tinted rear windows, rear parking sensors and cruise control. Will be upgrading the alloys to 16 inch Sprint ones later in the year which are currently being powder coated. Did nearly 300 miles in it today at 47mpg and was really impressed with it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had my Alfa 0.9 105 bhp remapped to 122. It drives completely differently now and is useable in natural mode as well!!!���� oh 132lb ft torque as well.. instant increase in mpg’s by what looks like 10mpg as well so right result..:rotate:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had my Alfa 0.9 105 bhp remapped to 122. It drives completely differently now and is useable in natural mode as well!!!���� oh 132lb ft torque as well.. instant increase in mpg’s by what looks like 10mpg as well so right result..:rotate:
Where was it remapped?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Received the QV FSD (second hand but low mileage) today. £250 for rear dampers + front dampers, springs, top mounts (not decided if I'm changing to the new ones I have though) and the little disc brackets (that I very sorely need but had forgotten about). Looking forward to replacing the not very nice yellow Konis that are currently on the car.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just given my QV her weekly wash and yup as soon as I finished it started chucking it down! :(

Have to say though that the biancospino really does pop upon being washed. I cannot stop looking at her!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Just given my QV her weekly wash and yup as soon as I finished it started chucking it down! :(

Have to say though that the biancospino really does pop upon being washed. I cannot stop looking at her!
Yeah I love the biancospino on ours, however as soon as it get dirty it goes very beige.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yeah I love the biancospino on ours, however as soon as it get dirty it goes very beige.
Yeah it's a beautiful colour, really suits the shape of the car.

It certainly does go a beige colour. Having said that, it could be because it is a pearl as it does look to have shimmers of differing colours in different variants of light. For example, when the sun hits it mine looks very champagne like. Alfa themselves even told me it is a pearl.

I still can't see how it's a pearl, if it is they have used very little haha.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Not exactly today, but I've started my mini-"restoration" (not really, just fixing stuff and making it look as nice as possible). Got new Brembos discs and pads, decently low mileage FSD's, going to refresh and paint the calipers as well as fixing the paint and some light bodywork. Perhaps not objectively "worth" all effort, but my girlfriend loves the car and that's enough for me. :)
I have the same colour MiTo as Thomas in the post above. I can't decide on the brake caliper colour, but I'm thinking a dark blue understated look.

·
Super Moderator
86,096 Posts
Voting now open for the previous entries https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/poll-room/1180949-may-2019-ao-detailing-competition-vote.html Vote for whoever you think deserves to win :thumbs:

June Detailing competition now open for entries https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/car-detailing/1180951-june-2019-detailing-competition-entries.html
Don't let the title put you off, it doesn't have to be a full detail, a wash & a clean will do, if the car looks good take some pics & submit them, please include some info on what you have done to the car :thumbs:

Check out the updated rules here https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/car-detailing/745785-monthly-detailing-competition-rules.html

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wheel Care

Got a new set of Alloygators fitted. what a great bit of kit. the previous set will have saved a fortune in wheel refurbs compared with their original fitted cost (£90 a set - price now up to £125 a set, but still half the cost of a single alloy being re-done with the diamond cut)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Not today, but over the last couple of days I have done the following:
- Changed brake discs + pads as well as painting and putting in new rubber seal on all the calipers. Really needed cleaning.
- New cam belt + water pump.
- Changed oil+filter.
- A/C line replaced, condenser on the way. Will hopefully fit it in a few days.

Also fitted FSD suspension a couple of weeks ago.
Only cosmetic stuff left, but I haven't decided if I can be bothered to respray it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts