Alfa Romeo Forum banner

What have you done to your GTA today?

366808 6346
I'll get the ball rolling:

-Fitted some new GTA Momo pedals.
-Added some new braided brake lines to my shopping cart.
6341 - 6347 of 6347 Posts

· Premium Member
2,283 Posts
Hi all. Having an ongoing issue with the GTA sw.
I'm certain there's a leak somewhere. There's condensation and there's "water getting in somewhere". I'm out every 2-3 days wiping down the windows and windscreen with kitchen roll. There's 2 blyss moisture collectors in the car too, they're half full(!) after about 3 weeks!!

My only option is a cover, so I'm asking if anyone has had any experience of maybe something from Halfords. They claim its completely water proof, but I'd like some feedback, if someone on here has bought a cover from them, or similar, and was happy with it.
I've looked at a few,vand there's stuff out there that looks awesome, but it's £300+! Basically tailored to the car in question!
I'll pay it if I have to, its for the GTA after all, but I'd rather not, if there's something out there for a 100-150quid that works!
A few potential culprits:
  1. Wet feet - If you've been ferrying people around with the recent weather, carpets can get pretty sopping. I've had persistent condensation before and been looking for a leak that didn't exist o_O
  2. Air-con drain (check the passenger footwell for water)
  3. Window regulators - My old wagon had a failing regulator and the glass had dipped below the seal
  4. Door seals
  5. Boot or rear screen seal (check spare wheel well for water)
I have a leak too, in the boot somewhere which is super annoying. If you can cadge a smoke machine, these can be useful for finding leaks :)

If you have a ton of patience, have someone sit in the car, spray it with water and go round checking all the seals / apertures. Leaks are a pain... :mad:

Reactions: [email protected]

· Registered
639 Posts
The spare wheel well does collect water! The carpet, drivers side but on the ledge above the bootwell is always wet. Not behind the seat, but right near the rear of the boot. I've done the pouring water thing, but no luck. I've been looking for a smoke machine but no joy with that either.
An American dude made his own!
Paint tin, power source, a wire which was wrapped around a cloth or something and soaked in mineral oil. Passed power through the wire and the oil created the smoke.

· Premium Member
2,283 Posts
Folks, I've bought this....

Portable Smoke Machine, Mini Fog Machine 500W with Wireless Remote Control, 3 Color Light, 7 Light Modes, for Disco, DJ, Party, Stage, Wedding, Xmas https://amzn.eu/d/gTRjGgI

I'll let you know how I get on 👍
Sounds you'd be able to hire it out to GTA owners for a nominal fee :D

Reactions: [email protected]
6341 - 6347 of 6347 Posts