Alfa Romeo Forum banner
6321 - 6340 of 6347 Posts

· Registered
98 Posts
Decided to tackle the front leg supports that are notorious for rotting. I bought the totally Alfa stainless replacements a while ago but haven’t had the courage to do the job as it involves cutting with the grinder. Didn’t want to weld as it’s just too risky so bolted them instead. Some of the holes at the top are pre cut so all
I had to do is trim the top of the new ones so everything lined up. Also had to drill
Out the brackets that support the oil cooler and gearbox oil cooler. The quality of these are impressive and fit straight in and everything lines up.
Automotive tire Wood Font Bumper Gas
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive parking light Automotive design

Wood Chair Line Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Wood Gas Bumper Machine Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive lighting Fender

· Registered
4,712 Posts
Decided to tackle the front leg supports that are notorious for rotting. I bought the totally Alfa stainless replacements a while ago but haven’t had the courage to do the job as it involves cutting with the grinder. Didn’t want to weld as it’s just too risky so bolted them instead. Some of the holes at the top are pre cut so all
I had to do is trim the top of the new ones so everything lined up. Also had to drill
Out the brackets that support the oil cooler and gearbox oil cooler. The quality of these are impressive and fit straight in and everything lines up. View attachment 979827 View attachment 979828
View attachment 979825
View attachment 979826
View attachment 979824
Great post .. im going to order up a set and do the same looks great the way youve done it

· Registered
Alfa 147 GTA
36 Posts
Took it to the Auto Italia northern car day yesterday, first real run out its had this year as I have been waiting to get my interior back from it's retrim(lots of delivery delays on my chosen fabric due to covid, Brexit aliens etc)
Was also the first run out for the new front and rear brakes, which all worked impeccably once I popped home and 'adjusted' the front guard plates.
Was a great day and very pleased with both new additions, although any purists may wish to stop looking now....
You have a really nice car, wow, love the interior and all the small details. Well done on your

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

· Registered
Alfa 147 GTA
36 Posts
I done alot of upgrades to my 147 GTA on this last cam belt replacement while the engine was out at Alfia Auto (Giovanni & Clayton) in South Africa.

New AHM clutch kit
New cambelt kit
New seals around engine
Equal length decatted manifolds
Ceramic coated the new manifolds
New Strut bar
New ACT carbon plenum with F430 throttle body
New stainless steel intake pipe
New high flow radiator
New KW V3 Suspension kit
Maxton side skirts
New headlights
Software by celtic tuning
Added a short gear shifter mod
New water reservoir
New gear knob
New leather gear boot
New carpets
New windscreen wipers
New Master slave cylinder
New water pump

Upgrades she already had :

Q4 diff
Supersprint rear box
Scorpion mid box
Front eibach anti roll bars

Gonna order a new custom steering wheel, and start working on anesthetics now that most of my mechanical work is just about done.

Im out the country (South Africa) at the moment for work, but she seems to be ready for me to collect as soon as I return home.

Too excited to drive her again

· Registered
Alfa 147 GTA
36 Posts
Good job!

Where did you get the new head lights from?
I got them from ebay

But I had to transplant them (Internals) as I could only find right hand drive and we are left hand drive in south africa so I placed them in the oven to soften the sealant and plastic , and then split them, swapped around the internals and re-sealed them with the new body on the old internals

· Registered
18 Posts
I done alot of upgrades to my 147 GTA on this last cam belt replacement while the engine was out at Alfia Auto (Giovanni & Clayton) in South Africa.

New AHM clutch kit
New cambelt kit
New seals around engine
Equal length decatted manifolds
Ceramic coated the new manifolds
New Strut bar
New ACT carbon plenum with F430 throttle body
New stainless steel intake pipe
New high flow radiator
New KW V3 Suspension kit
Maxton side skirts
New headlights
Software by celtic tuning
Added a short gear shifter mod
New water reservoir
New gear knob
New leather gear boot
New carpets
New windscreen wipers
New Master slave cylinder
New water pump

Upgrades she already had :

Q4 diff
Supersprint rear box
Scorpion mid box
Front eibach anti roll bars

Gonna order a new custom steering wheel, and start working on anesthetics now that most of my mechanical work is just about done.

Im out the country (South Africa) at the moment for work, but she seems to be ready for me to collect as soon as I return home.

Too excited to drive her again

Thanks for the update!
Very nice car.
What headlamps did you buy? Aftermarket ones? If yes, which brand?

· Premium Member
2,283 Posts
Reached 172,000 miles. Every 1,000 miles feels like an event now. Although it might take 7 years to reach 200k at my rate :)
Automotive lighting Speedometer Gauge Motor vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
67 Posts
Fitted this awesome piece of kit & passed an MOT with no advisories!

View attachment 981524
View attachment 981525
View attachment 981523
Fitted this awesome piece of kit & passed an MOT with no advisories!

View attachment 981524
View attachment 981525
View attachment 981523
Thats the GTA sorned for the winter :(
Needs must. I should have a guess at what the price of E5 will be at the end of March 2023 🤔😄
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille

Have the same on mine.

· Registered
4,213 Posts
MOT passed yesterday. 1500 miles in the year (done in one trip to Ireland). A few areas of attention needed:

- tiny leak on one injector
- rear brake caliper handbrake sticking (freed off now, but new caliper ordered)
- oil cooler small leak from one of the replacement pipes

So a couple of jobs to sort, but otherwise not too bad.

I think I need to use it more!

· Registered
639 Posts
Hi all. Having an ongoing issue with the GTA sw.
I'm certain there's a leak somewhere. There's condensation and there's "water getting in somewhere". I'm out every 2-3 days wiping down the windows and windscreen with kitchen roll. There's 2 blyss moisture collectors in the car too, they're half full(!) after about 3 weeks!!

My only option is a cover, so I'm asking if anyone has had any experience of maybe something from Halfords. They claim its completely water proof, but I'd like some feedback, if someone on here has bought a cover from them, or similar, and was happy with it.
I've looked at a few,vand there's stuff out there that looks awesome, but it's £300+! Basically tailored to the car in question!
I'll pay it if I have to, its for the GTA after all, but I'd rather not, if there's something out there for a 100-150quid that works!

6321 - 6340 of 6347 Posts