Alfa Romeo Forum banner
6201 - 6213 of 6213 Posts

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Went for a long drive up the M6 to Autolusso Penrith for a health check thanks to Dan. No real surprises just a few wear and tear bits.
Car went a bit too well on V Power and showed a Golf R and Saab 9-3 Aero what it could do. Sticking below 5k revs of course but hopefully no tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i remember the day when i was on the autobahn and a saab 95 aero in front finally ran out of steam as i was shifting into 6th in the GTA. It was a close battle to that point, but then it was a nice sail by and smile moment haha
These GTA's always had the ability to really give other high performance cars a bloody good run for their money
I drive a 535d tourer mostly now and although it is capable of outrunning the GTA, you can just about keep up with one in the GTA if you really give it a good thrashing. Obviously myself and the wife have tried this on private land hahahaha. But the GTA is still a much more rewarding and fun car to drive

Reactions: Muskie and Deemy

·
Registered
121 Posts
I bought a set of oval Jetfins for my SW and got a good deal of a full renovation of them. So fresh wheels and new PS4s are on and I can move on with the upgrade from Bose.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
swapped out the clutch slave cylinder today but struggled to get a spare foot to help me bleed it so testing will wait till tomorrow.. was leaking though so needed doing

·
Registered
121 Posts
Why are are you bothering to upgrade to the Bose .. originality or because you want better sound
I’m upgrading FROM the Bose system to an Alpine, Genesis, Amega and Gladen fully active system. I’ve never been happy with the Bose, but I have had other bigger fish to fry (or weld tbh)

• Love
Reactions: maxiboy wales

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
I’m upgrading FROM the Bose system to an Alpine, Genesis, Amega and Gladen fully active system. I’ve never been happy with the Bose, but I have had other bigger fish to fry (or weld tbh)
yes i thought that was the case the Bose system is extremely poor with zero sound staging .. fully active will be a huge step up

·
Administrator
88,803 Posts
Voting now open for the previous entries September 2021 AO Detailing Competition Vote

Vote for whoever you think deserves to win (y)

October Detailing competition now open for entries October 2021 Detailing Competition Entries

Don't let the title put you off, it doesn't have to be a full detail, a wash & a clean will do, if the car looks good take some pics & submit them, please include some info on what you have done to the car (y)

Check out the updated rules here Monthly Detailing Competition Rules

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
Removed the N/S skirt after it had been threatening to come off at the back. Very happy to see that the sill is all still there (y)
Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber Bumper Tire
Tire Wheel Car Motor vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
that looks very good for a GTA!
I was expecting much worse I must admit, especially on the near side. The sill even passed the highly scientific crow bar test (y)

Reactions: Deemy

·
Registered
127 Posts
I was expecting much worse I must admit, especially on the near side. The sill even passed the highly scientific crow bar test (y)
Any idea what’s good at removing the adhesive? I have a spare set of wings and they need tidying up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6201 - 6213 of 6213 Posts