Alfa Romeo Forum banner
6161 - 6180 of 6213 Posts

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Fuel leak this morning! Looks like Dorman connector on main fuel line to front rail. Thankfully I only got as far as the bottom of our street before I smelt the petrol. Off to search threads for correct spec hose and clips….
Have you seen the upgraded kits on ebay or you looking for 100% original

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Was going to upgrade to the braided lines Alfabeat fitted but sticking with standard SAE J30 R9 hose and proper clips now as I need it sorted.
Been very happy with mine. Peace of mind and all that!!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Been very happy with mine. Peace of mind and all that!!
Just seen your mod list, almost the same as mine. Out of interest how does your car sit on the FSD/Eibachs? Mine seems lower at the back, sometimes it looks fine but front does not quite look low enough?

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Just seen your mod list, almost the same as mine. Out of interest how does your car sit on the FSD/Eibachs? Mine seems lower at the back, sometimes it looks fine but front does not quite look low enough?

It sits level. The natural stance for the SW is higher at the back than the front, but with the Koni FSD's/Eibach springs, it made it level, which I prefer.

Reactions: maxiboy wales

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
I bought them years ago off Ebay - OEM ones with Alfa emblem on them. They aren't on the car now, hanging in the garage. Used to carry all sorts on the roof when it was my daily :)

Reactions: maxiboy wales

·
Registered
Alfa 147 GTA
182 Posts
Ordered probably the last 147 GTA clutch master cylinder left on the planet today! Haha.. took a lot of trawling the net, coming from Italy and yes it’s a RHD version.

im really hoping that parts sourcing will get easier! Someone somewhere surely will start to produce pattern parts. Guess that’s only if Alfa release the designs!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Continuing my ICE upgrades I fitted replacement front speakers and sound-deadened the doors with Dynamat. Whilst the doors were apart I also replaced the noisy check straps.

The Bose speakers were temperamental, one was distorting slightly and their overall sound is OK at best.
I opted for Focal AS165 components. The woofer fits the factory speaker mounts (with some minor modification) behind the factory speaker cover. I'm running them from the Bose amp rather than wiring in an aftermarket amp.

I decided to replace the Bose labelled dummy tweeters with the Focal tweeter units. This meant enlarging the aperture which was a faff but I'm happy with the result.

The sound quality is noticeably better. Being 4 ohm speakers they're slightly quieter than the 2 ohm originals so I've faded more to the front. This makes the sub more present, which I'm happy about. My car is fairly loud so previously bass was largely drowned out by the exhaust note.
With the adjustment options offered with the Pioneer SPH-20 head unit I'm much happier with the overall sound. It's a huge improvement over the factory Bose setup.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Fitted the rear suspension arms that I had powder coated when fitted poly bushes to them, o/s/r brake calipers and put the refurb’d wheels with new toyo proxes tr-1 just need to get 4 wheel alignment done

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Continuing my ICE upgrades I fitted replacement front speakers and sound-deadened the doors with Dynamat. Whilst the doors were apart I also replaced the noisy check straps.
View attachment 956430
The Bose speakers were temperamental, one was distorting slightly and their overall sound is OK at best.
I opted for Focal AS165 components. The woofer fits the factory speaker mounts (with some minor modification) behind the factory speaker cover. I'm running them from the Bose amp rather than wiring in an aftermarket amp.
View attachment 956431
I decided to replace the Bose labelled dummy tweeters with the Focal tweeter units. This meant enlarging the aperture which was a faff but I'm happy with the result.
View attachment 956432 View attachment 956433
The sound quality is noticeably better. Being 4 ohm speakers they're slightly quieter than the 2 ohm originals so I've faded more to the front. This makes the sub more present, which I'm happy about. My car is fairly loud so previously bass was largely drowned out by the exhaust note.
With the adjustment options offered with the Pioneer SPH-20 head unit I'm much happier with the overall sound. It's a huge improvement over the factory Bose setup.
View attachment 956434
focals are a way better improvement you could of splashed out on K2's lol they run 2 ohm.. still a massive step up and the tweeters look and i bet sound way better higher up the doors ...

·
Registered
803 Posts
focals are a way better improvement you could of splashed out on K2's lol they run 2 ohm.. still a massive step up and the tweeters look and i bet sound way better higher up the doors ...
Haha yes those K2s are a bit more expensive no? 😂 I looked at CDT audio as a 2 ohm option but again they were more than double the cost of the ones I bought. The Focal AS give a big improvement in sound quality, as you say the sound stage is way better and there's less distortion when they're pushed hard, I'm very happy.
Years ago when I was lugging a baby buggy everywhere I sold my 10" Alpine Type R sub. Really regretting that now, it would finish the setup off nicely.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Haha yes those K2s are a bit more expensive no? 😂 I looked at CDT audio as a 2 ohm option but again they were more than double the cost of the ones I bought. The Focal AS give a big improvement in sound quality, as you say the sound stage is way better and there's less distortion when they're pushed hard, I'm very happy.
Years ago when I was lugging a baby buggy everywhere I sold my 10" Alpine Type R sub. Really regretting that now, it would finish the setup off nicely.
yeah a decent sub and amp really complete the sound stage somewhat... yeah K2's arent cheap lol...
I,ve squeezed in a pair of 10"s and they sound awesome as i listen mostly to rock punk ska and couldnt cope with the Alfa supplied free air sub...

·
Registered
127 Posts
View attachment 956430
View attachment 956431
View attachment 956432 View attachment 956433
View attachment 956434
What’s the best size speakers front and rear in the 156 and which check straps did you use out of interest (one)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
803 Posts
What’s the best size speakers front and rear in the 156 and which check straps did you use out of interest (one)?
I got them from Partsworld, they were around £40ish each for the 147.

6161 - 6180 of 6213 Posts