Alfa Romeo Forum banner
6141 - 6160 of 6186 Posts

·
Banned
642 Posts
Lmao.. so i cant drive it hard because i wanted to upgrade the frankly shocking Bose pile of rubbish .. lol
I love the car but cant see a reason to suffer poor sounds and dont give ashit about resale values..
the paint on mine is plenty thick as its had a full respray but already has new stone chips but that not an issue

difficult to cook the engine with manifold cats as i removed them when i fitted the LSD and new clutch

says you with a car never driven in anger lol and im working on mine in the heat too ..
Can you quantify, on the assumption you had the GTA with Man-cats, and then removed them, how the car feels/behaves?

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 - Five Stars for removing the Cats.

I was told, years ago, rightly or wrongly, a Q2 diff? will not fit a five speeder. So I never pursued the issue.

The car has never been driven in anger - vis a vis, harshly. But on several Continental Holidays, her cruising speeds have been up there with the German competition - well over a hundred on several occasions, for extended periods. That’s where the 3.0 GTV comes into its own.

But at 74, the least I can do is make sure she goes to someone like - minded who will care for her. There are plenty of basket - cases around for those that want cheap kicks and don’t care too much about the finer details of these cars. My car, is not one of them.

·
Banned
642 Posts
Got my wheels refurbed, new toyo tr1 tyres fitted, poly bushes for rear and dropped the rear arms off to be powder coated
They would look great on my GTV, instead of the “rounded - rim“ holes of my Teledials, which look just awful. I prefer the design of the original sixteens, but they are just too small for the car. Seventeen’s definitely a better ride.

·
Registered
251 Posts
They would look great on my GTV, instead of the “rounded - rim“ holes of my Teledials, which look just awful. I prefer the design of the original sixteens, but they are just too small for the car. Seventeen’s definitely a better ride.
I put them on my Gtv 3.0 for a bit then I fitted 330 brembos on it but have 17” teledails on it

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Can you quantify, on the assumption you had the GTA with Man-cats, and then removed them, how the car feels/behaves? yes it did have them when i bought the car and removing them made the engine rev more freely and sound a whole let better..

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 - Five Stars for removing the Cats. Thanks

I was told, years ago, rightly or wrongly, a Q2 diff? will not fit a five speeder. So I never pursued the issue. I,m not sure on that so cant comment.. but transformed the car

The car has never been driven in anger - vis a vis, harshly. But on several Continental Holidays, her cruising speeds have been up there with the German competition - well over a hundred on several occasions, for extended periods. That’s where the 3.0 GTV comes into its own. yes the whole GTA things is wrong i see the car as a GT perfect touring car for eating up miles either motorway or A roads

But at 74, the least I can do is make sure she goes to someone like - minded who will care for her. There are plenty of basket - cases around for those that want cheap kicks and don’t care too much about the finer details of these cars. My car, is not one of them. I,ve restored mine from the ground up but while using it daily once i,ve installed the stereo and a new retrimmed interior .. engines next got one partly built on the engine stand just awaiting finishiing building my flow bench so i cant work the big value heads i have started
Cheers intend keeping mine now till i dont need a car..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Got my wheels refurbed, new toyo tr1 tyres fitted, poly bushes for rear and dropped the rear arms off to be powder coated
What colour is that you’ve gone for? I bought a set recently (anthracite) but swaying towards something close to the original satin silver, but that shade looks good.

·
Registered
46 Posts
So, the GTA came back to me on Mon past. So nice to have it back and it's running great too!
The list....well the list of work done seems endless! The heads were not done. On advice, there was not any indication that the head gasket was about to fail. There was plenty more to he getting on with, as per the photos attached!

·
Registered
251 Posts
I’m lucky because I can do all the work myself so only cost parts but still cost me 3k 3 years ago in parts but did all the big stuff then.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Had a similar list done to mine luckily before I purchased mine...... what's the total £120 + VAT lol p.s mine started with a 3 :eek:

Well, I got the aircon re-gassed today. If you add that to the total, then mine begins with a 3 too lololol

I don't run it December-Mid April, so hopefully that'll add some longevity to the work carried out. Needs a belt service next year anyway, so we'll see

·
Registered
251 Posts
Had a similar list done to mine luckily before I purchased mine...... what's the total £120 + VAT lol p.s mine started with a 3 :eek:

Well, I got the aircon re-gassed today. If you add that to the total, then mine begins with a 3 too lololol

I don't run it December-Mid April, so hopefully that'll add some longevity to the work carried out. Needs a belt service next year anyway, so we'll see
I did yellow konis, eibach springs, eibach arbs, clutch, cf2 manifolds, wizard downpipes, scorpion cat back, timing belt kit, water pump, discs, pads, 330 brembos and Q2.
Use it all year but only do about 1400 miles a year.
Just had wheels refurb’d and new tyres

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
I’m lucky because I can do all the work myself so only cost parts but still cost me 3k 3 years ago in parts but did all the big stuff then.
Me too but now on my third set of wheels 4th cambelt change and doing a rebuild after a full respray.. plus still building a new engine

·
Premium Member
2,138 Posts
So, the GTA came back to me on Mon past. So nice to have it back and it's running great too!
The list....well the list of work done seems endless! The heads were not done. On advice, there was not any indication that the head gasket was about to fail. There was plenty more to he getting on with, as per the photos attached!
Is this the Wagon GTA I saw at Dan's a couple of weeks ago? I'll bet that bill was 'epic' (y)

Reactions: maxiboy wales

·
Registered
774 Posts
Fuel leak this morning! Looks like Dorman connector on main fuel line to front rail. Thankfully I only got as far as the bottom of our street before I smelt the petrol. Off to search threads for correct spec hose and clips….

·
Vendor
46,825 Posts
Fuel leak this morning! Looks like Dorman connector on main fuel line to front rail. Thankfully I only got as far as the bottom of our street before I smelt the petrol. Off to search threads for correct spec hose and clips….
Snap, although mine smells like it is either the filler neck or the fuel pump seal.

6141 - 6160 of 6186 Posts