Alfa Romeo Forum banner
41 - 60 of 6185 Posts

·
Banned
3,532 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Fitted a rivnut for the under tray, replaced a broken led sidelight, cleaned bonnet catch, cleaned car and filled it with shell nitro. Diff oil should have been changed but I brought back the wrong hex socket grrrr

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Fitted a rivnut for the under tray, replaced a broken led sidelight, cleaned bonnet catch, cleaned car and filled it with shell nitro. Diff oil should have been changed but I brought back the wrong hex socket grrrr
Did you regrease the catch? As they like to take flying lessons! :(

·
Registered
961 Posts
Inspired by this, I did the same this morning. Was surrounded by classic and sports cars! All had similar idea. Pair of TR6s, A brand new Ferrari, 2 Morgans, a couple of other classic cabriolets I couldn't identify as well as a few freshly mud splattered 4x4s.

I have collected many many flies in front bumper, and had a very good fun time.

Well worth the effort.
I didn't go out that early, but took my ugly German car out Saturday lunchtime and saw these at a pub near where I live. Only had a phone with me. I came back with a proper camera but they had already gone :(

1960's Ferrari 250 GT SWB (was Stirling Moss') and a 275 GTB/4 in Paley St, Berkshire - 1st June 2013

The blue one used to be Sterling Moss' - see the signature on the dash.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Yesterday - changed the brake fluid and gave her a clean
Today - ragged the arse off it for about 100 laps of Blyton Park circuit
awesome.. what was blyton like? how was the GTA fairing?

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Cleaned it for the first time in 3 months...:eek:

Now its clean, I have uncovered all manner of bumps and scrapes...few more door dings, front bumper/splitter scrapes, and worst of all, the pressure washed stripped a big lump of paint off the front wing which was corroded. I did a temp repair on it a year ago, and the corrossion has got no worse, just the paint didn't want to stay on....

Just about to order a new aerosol of paint to paint jack covers and touch up a few areas...

Still looks good though....!:thumbs: and driving spot on.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
I didn't go out that early, but took my ugly German car out Saturday lunchtime and saw these at a pub near where I live. Only had a phone with me. I came back with a proper camera but they had already gone :(

1960's Ferrari 250 GT SWB (was Stirling Moss') and a 275 GTB/4 in Paley St, Berkshire - 1st June 2013

The blue one used to be Sterling Moss' - see the signature on the dash.
Just been looking through some stuff on pistonheads & found this-

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/def...=email&utm_content=html&utm_campaign=2013-6-3

Sounds like it could be from the meet?

·
Registered
810 Posts
awesome.. what was blyton like? how was the GTA fairing?
Blyton is alright, done it a few times now as its my local circuit, not a very fast track but quite technical. Bonus is with it being an old airfield they're not too strict on the noise out there so that's always good!

The GTA did pretty good, surprised quite a few people I think. Just wish it had more power for the straights! Got quite a few video's from the Go Pro that i'll upload when I sort through them

·
Registered
280 Posts
Popped out "to get some milk love". Stuck 50 quid of unleaded in her and went for a drive with the radio off, the window open and staying in the 1st three gears.

Sounded epic at 7000rpm going through the forest:thumbs:

Wife never understands why it takes so long to get 4 pints of milk ;)

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
I need the rubber strap for mine too :)

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I plan to give mine a good clean tonight, top up oil and check the tyre pressures. Still haven't driven her since I had my new tyres fitted on Monday!

G

·
Popped out "to get some milk love". Stuck 50 quid of unleaded in her and went for a drive with the radio off, the window open and staying in the 1st three gears.

Sounded epic at 7000rpm going through the forest:thumbs:

Wife never understands why it takes so long to get 4 pints of milk ;)
Ah I see, you meant popped out "to get some milk, love". I first thought you may be indulging in some weird dairy-based fetish.....:eek:

The petrol gauge goes down pretty quick when you drive like that doesn't it? But it's great fun!

41 - 60 of 6185 Posts