Alfa Romeo Forum banner

5841 - 5860 of 5871 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Following on from yesterday's fun and games removing the rear bumper I've ordered a few bits from my local Alfa dealer which should arrive on Tuesday all being well. I've ordered some replacement rivnuts and am hoping they look like the ones already on the car and not like the one that pulled out. I've also ordered some of the clips that secure the exhaust heatshield onto the bottom of the car as mine are very rusty. I was going to order a paint touch-up kit but found a genuine one on eBay for a bit less and would arrive sooner so ordered that too. I just want to touch up a couple of small areas where the bumper meets the back of the rear arch before refitting the bumper.

·
Premium Member
1,907 Posts
Changed the wiper mechanism and washers, swapped the boot gas struts for a new pair with the correct pressure rating and, sadly, developed a cracked windscreen :(

Has anybody had good experiences with a particular glass provider, grateful for any options as the GTAs have the rain sensors and I hear stories of issues with windscreens... (y)

Attachments

Reactions: maxiboy wales

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
i have used a local company but you have to be specific on the type of screen .. i think the standard screen has a green tint and is plikington .. i thought the rain sensor was on the base of the rear view mirror ... also there is a windscreen seal which sit around the glass .. iirc correctly i paid just over 150.00 quid for one

·
Premium Member
1,907 Posts
i have used a local company but you have to be specific on the type of screen .. i think the standard screen has a green tint and is plikington .. i thought the rain sensor was on the base of the rear view mirror ... also there is a windscreen seal which sit around the glass .. iirc correctly i paid just over 150.00 quid for one
Much appreciated. Agreed, I would definitely rather try ordering the screen etc. myself so I get the right one, even if I bypass the insurance. There are plenty of good stories using the insurance perk but enough bad ones to put me off. Thanks for the tip. I’ll get shopping 👍

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
i sure i read that if you use the insurance around 80 quid usually it still logs as a claim against you but not sure if this is 100% true ..

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
being playing with a further few mods on the stereo system today

doing a timing belt tomorrow and a bit of a service too..

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
cambelt done without water pump so was pretty easy.. worse was all the other things new headlights bulbs sidelight bulbs rebuilt the air filter housing replaced the earths with 0 gauge still got to do the lives.. lots of little jobs and tidying up while under the bonnet..
Also noticed clutch slave cylinder hasnt lasted well signs of weeping around the seal.. did that 4 years ago last

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
I repainted my windscreen scuttle again yesterday and started giving her a proper clean. Never had the time before, so making use of my free time. Only did the front end. Polish and wax and wheels off for a deep clean (never, ever done that before!!!).

Will work backwards over the next week.

Noticed I have a weep from the replacement oil cooler (fitted about 6 years ago). Have cleaned it up and will keep my eye on it, to try and see which seal is leaking.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
All pads and discs swapped out and replaced new rear caliper again only 4 years old ... nothing seems the same quality lately and swapped pollen filters fixed glovebox except for a missing piece and nearly finished installing the stereo maybe another few hours.. also started on a fully custom made boot floor and spare wheel cover

·
Registered
731 Posts
All pads and discs swapped out and replaced new rear caliper again only 4 years old ... nothing seems the same quality lately and swapped pollen filters fixed glovebox except for a missing piece and nearly finished installing the stereo maybe another few hours.. also started on a fully custom made boot floor and spare wheel cover
Good work MB and good to see some life on here!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Totally agree

·
Registered
221 Posts
have tyou done this yet .. i tried the gel but wasnt impressed with the result
No but I'm planning on doing it later this week. Will let you know how I get on. How long did you leave it on for? Did you keep agitating the gel every few hours?

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

5841 - 5860 of 5871 Posts