Alfa Romeo Forum banner

5821 - 5840 of 5871 Posts

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Yes, I have an early one with the big silencer. It is slightly noisier now I think with the original cats in. The reason I put the decat pipe on in the first place was due to my original cats developing a loud rattle (loose bits inside). I recently managed to find a good set of used cats, so thought I would change back. I'll keep the decat pipe, for when these cats start rattling!
Your decat pipe is one of the early ones with the big silencer in the middle isn't it? I would think it'll be louder with the twin cats than with that silencer.

View attachment 935812

·
Vendor
45,940 Posts
It is fairly inevitable that they'll go at some point, but they are a good quality item so finger's crossed they'll last for a while.

·
Vendor
45,940 Posts
New wizard manifolds on super sprint exhaust, new clutch, new cam belt pulleys and pump, Eibach anti roll bars and a service
Would you be able to record a video of this setup? I'd be interested in hearing it.

There are a few different versions of the Supersprint backbones, and there are also silenced & unsilenced middle sections. Do you know which you have, or have pics before it was fitted?

We've been trying something similar ourselves with dual-chambered silencer/resonator backboxes, as opposed to our original backbox which was pure resonator:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Would you be able to record a video of this setup? I'd be interested in hearing it.

There are a few different versions of the Supersprint backbones, and there are also silenced & unsilenced middle sections. Do you know which you have, or have pics before it was fitted?

We've been trying something similar ourselves with dual-chambered silencer/resonator backboxes, as opposed to our original backbox which was pure resonator: View attachment 935898

We've been trying something similar ourselves with dual-chambered silencer/resonator backboxes, as opposed to our original backbox which was pure resonator: View attachment 935898
hi of course not a problem I’ll try and get them uploaded somehow as for the system super sprint was already in car when I got it but will get some pics of the underneath has gone raspy if that make sense

·
Vendor
45,940 Posts
Fruity :cool:

Do you have a little blow from somewhere? Possibly centre cat to middle pipe?

If you can do a warm one too for comparison that'd be great. Not sure about Supersprint but the Wizard systems are much quieter and smoother when warm than cold.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
I've just ordered more gaskets for my mid cats - blowing like a trooper. Will also do a video now I have time once they arrive. Wizard manifolds, OEM down pipes and mid cats and early Wizard back box. I reckon it's perfect.

·
Vendor
45,940 Posts
I've just ordered more gaskets for my mid cats - blowing like a trooper. Will also do a video now I have time once they arrive. Wizard manifolds, OEM down pipes and mid cats and early Wizard back box. I reckon it's perfect.
Is your middle pipe (between the mid cats and the backbox) a straight through pipe or with a small silencer in it?

·
Vendor
45,940 Posts
Straight through
I'm surprised you don't find it a little bit on the loud side, although they do sound absolutely mega! Small silencer welded into the centre pipe just takes the edge off nicely. Maybe I'm getting old :LOL:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Covered 135 purely for me miles today. Up the M77 then A71 from kilmarnock to shotts, back down the motorway to Irvine and then home via the A736.
Lovely to have her back and such a lovely day up here too. Didnt go crazy, though had my moments of Italian style throttle madness on the way.
Ran beautifully and didnt miss a beat all the way.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had my first go at sprucing up the leather a bit. Started with passenger side bolster just to see. I should mention that there are no terrible rips/tears. It's mostly scuffs scrapes and areas on both bolsters where the leather has been rubbed to brown, as is traditionally the issue with these seats I believe.
Anyway, I think it's made a good enough difference to plough on and do the rest of the seats....little by little.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
A kit from The Furniture Clinic. Cost about £25 👍
You can specify the base colour and you get a big one of those plus some little bottles of other colours. It wasn't hard, just took some time and patience. I think though, repairing an actual rip or hole would be more challenging. Involves gluing in a small patch underneath, then applying layers of filler to build it up to a level with the existing leather, before applying the dye. There might be a couple of areas on the drivers seat which require some filler....its certainly took more of a pounding in its 111k.

5821 - 5840 of 5871 Posts