Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1861 - 1880 of 1895 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Admired her in the frost, my 4th alfa is the new to me G QV.... Had it 3 weeks now and loving every moment. Corrected a few very minor issues from the previous owner. Tailgate wiring boot detached, re-fitted and fuel cap tether had become detached, now just as it should be again.... oh yes and fitted Giulietta projector lights to the doors. I had them on my 159 years ago and missed not having them on my 2 x 147's.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Purchased two Maxxis AP2 tyre today. Should be ok for winter driving. They are all season but have a very aggressive tread.

·
Super Moderator
86,171 Posts
Voting now open for the previous entries https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/poll-room/1187345-october-2019-ao-detailing-competition-vote.html
Vote for whoever you think deserves to win :thumbs:

November Detailing competition now open for entries https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/car-detailing/1187347-november-2019-detailing-competition-entries.html
Don't let the title put you off, it doesn't have to be a full detail, a wash & a clean will do, if the car looks good take some pics & submit them, please include some info on what you have done to the car :thumbs:

Check out the updated rules here https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/car-detailing/745785-monthly-detailing-competition-rules.html

·
Registered
20 Posts
Had a puncture on the passenger side factory-fitted Pirelli P7, at a couple hundred shy of the 50,000Km service mark. I was looking to change the tyres at service, but seems I'd be doing it locally (probably end up cheaper too). This particular tyre had been wearing poorly compared to all the others.

Looking through the forum, Goodyear Assymetric 5 or Michelin PS4 are still top recommended, right?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Two Continental Premium Contact 6s fitted on the front and wheel alignment. It was either those or two budget tyre options.
The other tyre centre in town had only budget brands because "that's what most people prefer".

·
Registered
107 Posts
Two Continental Premium Contact 6s fitted on the front and wheel alignment. It was either those or two budget tyre options.
The other tyre centre in town had only budget brands because "that's what most people prefer".
Nothing today apart from an 80 mile round trip along muddy Sussex lanes, tomorrow however the shampoo & the jet washer will be deployed.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Replaced the battery with a Varta E39 AGM item from Tayna on Sunday; S-S now working!
Fiddled with the rhs boot wiring to try to fix the sometimes random rear wiper; a couple of breaks in the insulation but not in the wires themselves. Wrapped in electrical tape for now. May have to look at the motor itself - suspect a dodgy track from water ingress.

·
Registered
32,289 Posts
Most Audi A3 the age of your Giulietta seem to have their wiper “parked” vertically. Probably an indication that the motor often breaks and costs a fortune to fix!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Now add: found a screw in a rear tyre, so now tyre shopping tomorrow. I’ll go for Goodyear Asymmetric 5s to match the fronts that were changed about two months ago. Or maybe I’ll be lucky & it’ll be repairable.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Upgraded my winter wheels to 17" Euro-spec QV, with some new Conti TS860s, as well as getting the tracking done and finally fitting the enlarged Alfa accessory exhaust trim.

Handling in the wet cold is an unbelievable improvement over the 16" Pirelli Sottozeros. The exhaust trim especially makes a difference ;)

3D2FAF35-3724-4B7F-8CF0-6B60652CD637 (1).jpg IMG_3229.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
New battery, oil and filter change - Gotta look after her in the cold weather!

S/S finally works! (Still don't use it!) :LOL:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Swapped in my 2016 1.4MA the original exide battery to a varta d52 agm (got a decent price... 118 euro, that is about 100 pounds for most of you).
Hope this will fix the issues i had with batt.draining...

NOTE i did NOT use any "memory saver" just did it the oldschool way : disconnect - then +, swap, reconnect + then -. And i did NOT have to fill in any Uconnect (6.5 live, nav) code nor did i have to do anything special. yes the steering was reset etc but that sorted in 10min driving

·
Registered
261 Posts
Cambelt and water pump INCLUDING the crankshaft pulleys too - an unwanted (from a cost perspective) extra but my word it makes a difference. I always though the 'noisy' TBI block was a characteristic of the engine, however it turns out that much of that noise was from the pulleys. It sounds so much quieter now.
Bonus is that it passed it's MOT with zero advisories - not bad for a 9 years old car

·
Registered
261 Posts
Cambelt and water pump INCLUDING the crankshaft pulleys too - an unwanted (from a cost perspective) extra but my word it makes a difference. I always thought the 'noisy' TBI block was a characteristic of the engine, however it turns out that much of that noise was from the pulleys. It sounds so much quieter now.
Bonus is that it passed it's MOT with zero advisories - not bad for a 9 year old car

1861 - 1880 of 1895 Posts