Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 2188 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Driven it 190 miles from Kirkby Stephen to Leicester, passed 3 other G's and no other Alfas, allowed my wife to drive it for the first time, and unpacked the newly delivered (and shockingly poor quality compared to the 159) genuine Alfa boot liner.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Drove mine to and from work this morning, taking 'The Long Way Home (tm)' :thumbs:

Put two new tyres on it last week and had the tracking sorted, it feels like a brand new car now.... it seems to thrive on being driven. All the time!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Oh, and also unpacked my new carbon fibre alfa wing mirror covers, which by comparison are ace!

·
Administrator
87,300 Posts
I'd like to do this but AR original one is £400 and this one at £202 which is a fairer price is for twin exhausts out, so it doesn't fit my needs, anyone found a reasonably prices lower diffuser that's ready to fit?

Cadamuro Rear Diffuser under Bumper Spoiler with Duplex Exhaust Outlets (Alfa Giulietta) / www.gazzellaracing.com

Just as an FYI for anyone considering using Gazzellaracing, read this thread http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/general-alfa-discussion/298749-urgent-gazzella-racing.html or Google them before ordering anything ;)

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts

·
Registered
35,078 Posts
The cadamuro part is a GRP moulding of dubious quality as I remember from a post on here ages ago . The guy ended up using mastic round the edge !

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I've used Gazzella three times.

On each occasion Raggazzon have given me a 15% discount code to quote to Chris which has made a very good saving and he's honoured it, the only downside is everything is ordered from Italy and on all three occasions it took over two weeks for my parts to arrive..............

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
I've driven mine to Bristol and back today. Interesting to note on replacement back box a) no discernible impact on mpg b) maybe a little bit quieter c) seems to pull a little bit more cleanly from 1000rpm.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
That's because they were (originally) quite pricey!
You knows it! By the way, the parts guy at Sturgess said not to bother with ebay and call them direct because they "are always happy to do a deal". So, give 'em a go with some REALLY silly offers

·
Registered
110 Posts
Cue, do you ever use clay bar ? friend of mine used it on his A4, unbelievable shine after the hard work envolved
claying alone wont result in a shiny car,
wash -> clay -> compound -> polish -> seal/wax

ive done nothing to mine... driven it i suppose.. need to do the above one day.. weekend isnt long enough

T

·
0 Posts
Yesterday I just about managed to squeeze a snow foam wash in. I ran out of light before having the chance to hand wash it, but at least the bulk of the dirt was removed.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
First proper drive today, played around with the DNA and as many other settings as I could, anyone know how to get the turbo's boost gauge up on the display?

Any spelling/ grammatical errors are purely there to annoy!

21 - 40 of 2188 Posts