Alfa Romeo Forum banner

What have you done to your Giulietta today?

357046 3334
There seems to be a thread like this for every car here except the Giulietta (unless the autoguide app search is that useless!). As the title suggests...what have you done? Perhaps something that's not worth a whole new thread, a quick question or comment!

I got my Giulietta delivered this morning! Silver veloce, 140 2.0jtdm, already updated B&M to v8.0, debating a spider tuning box. Its a company car ( inherited it with 37k on it), so limited to my options.
3301 - 3320 of 3335 Posts

· Registered
207 Posts
Cleaned it!
Found what looks like sap droplets over all the upper flat surfaces so looks like once it warms up the clay bar will be getting an outing. !
Tried to clean a small section with very hot water, auto finesse tripple and tar and glue and nothing is shifting it!
Also decided to put some new dipped bulbs in !
What should be a five minute job took nearly an hour due to virtually needing to remove the bumper!
What a stupid idea !
Fixed the catch (again) on the dash top storage box

· Registered
Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV LPG, & 156 SW 1.8 TS LPG Custom & 146 1.4 TS & Giulietta 116 1.8 (1980)
26 Posts

· Registered
2010 Giulietta 2.0 JTDm2
1,311 Posts
Service & MOT done; a couple of advisories for the lower wishbone bushes starting and the battery’s not very good, so nothing too serious. Wishbones will get done in a bit and the battery is just over 3 years old with a 4 year warranty - result! I’ll try charging it first to see how it is.

· Registered
Giulietta Sportiva 170
55 Posts
Cleaned it!
Found what looks like sap droplets over all the upper flat surfaces so looks like once it warms up the clay bar will be getting an outing. !
Tried to clean a small section with very hot water, auto finesse tripple and tar and glue and nothing is shifting it!
What should be a five minute job took nearly an hour due to virtually needing to remove the bumper!
What a stupid idea !
Fixed the catch (again) on the dash top storage box
I feel your pain, just did the same job! A small mirror makes life much much easier. I managed to drop the bulb and the spring clip into the headlamp!! Telescopic magnet pen got them back out and eventually fitted. Next time round I’ll manage it in 10 mins. I fitted Phillips GT200?? bulbs, a big improvement over the factory fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,145 Posts
What a stupid idea !
Easier than my Megane 2 - at least on the G you can do it without removing the bumper! The Meg there is no chance - the access panel in the wheel arch is just there to taunt you!

· Registered
8,910 Posts
Not my Giulietta but my daughter’s one.
Replaced the driver side hatch loom; I made that using trunking from Partsworld (£20) and the flexible silicone wires and good quality connectors I had already and made up. The proper crimpers make it so much easier. There were only two broken wires leading to the rear wiper not cancelling and the hatch lock not releasing either with the key or badge/button. There was evidence of previous repairs. The co-ax cable was damaged but as it wasn’t connected to anything that was cut and insulated. Pumped up a low tyre, changed the front wipers, topped up the oil and coolant.
I’m such a good dad! I didn’t clean it inside and out (it has a hard life) so perhaps not that good a dad.

· Registered
9,889 Posts
A few days ago, swapped an undamaged door on the NSF to replace the bent and handle-less one. Been waiting ages to try to get one in the right colour, but finally gave up and fitted a silver one ;) Easy job with another pair of hands to assist, though as mentioned in another thread, the connector plug has pushed back into the door so I have to sort that.

Still, was able to get it MOT'd at just under 130K miles, with no advisories :)

Good to have it back on the road :)

· Registered
974 Posts
I fitted a number plate light reverse camera and hooked it up to a rear view mirror with auto dimming with 4.5 screen. The auto dimmer is far better than factory fitted one. All cables clearly hidden, it looks stock.

Attachments

3301 - 3320 of 3335 Posts