Alfa Romeo Forum banner
3201 - 3220 of 3231 Posts
2011 Giulietta Veloce M/A (170)
150 Posts
Gave it a full service yesterday, here's why you don't forget the cabin filter. Last person who swapped it out absolutely ruined the filter and it was also put in the wrong way (sideways).
Jeans Shoe Comfort Product Blue

Edit:
Forgot to say, how much of a pain in the arse it is to change the cabin filter if you have a RHD Giulietta. What a ******* faff 🤣

·
Registered
811 Posts
Gave it a full service yesterday, here's why you don't forget the cabin filter. Last person who swapped it out absolutely ruined the filter and it was also put in the wrong way (sideways).
View attachment 981442
Edit:
Forgot to say, how much of a pain in the arse it is to change the cabin filter if you have a RHD Giulietta. What a *** faff 🤣
They had done this to mine in the last service and I'm reluctant to allow the 'professionals' do the task when the next service is due.

·
Premium Member
3,301 Posts
View attachment 981442
Edit:
Forgot to say, how much of a pain in the arse it is to change the cabin filter if you have a RHD Giulietta. What a *** faff 🤣
Where's that located pretty sure I've never done mine

·
Registered
8,803 Posts
Certainly not as easy as many of the Japanese cars I’ve serviced for relatives and friends; open glove box, empty it of contents, drop lid further, remove cover and slide old one out and replace with new one. Takes a few minutes only.
On the Giulietta remove large trim cover by clutch pedal; push clutch pedal down and fix in place using an old cricket stump. Slide cover of filter off and pull old filter out. Then press on soft sides of new filter so it has the shape of a butterfly and insert into slot noting up, down, front and back. Now replace covers and remove cricket stump. About 10 minutes plus 1/2 hour to get cricks out of back and shoulders!

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Certainly not as easy as many of the Japanese cars I’ve serviced for relatives and friends; open glove box, empty it of contents, drop lid further, remove cover and slide old one out and replace with new one. Takes a few minutes only.
On the Giulietta remove large trim cover by clutch pedal; push clutch pedal down and fix in place using an old cricket stump. Slide cover of filter off and pull old filter out. Then press on soft sides of new filter so it has the shape of a butterfly and insert into slot noting up, down, front and back. Now replace covers and remove cricket stump. About 10 minutes plus 1/2 hour to get cricks out of back and shoulders!
It’s even more work with an auto as you have to remove the foot rest too 👍

2011 Giulietta Veloce M/A (170)
150 Posts
It’s even more work with an auto as you have to remove the foot rest too 👍
I love how well thought out so many things are on the Giulietta. Truly a masterpiece from top to bottom.

Installed coilovers today whilst we're talking about terrible ******* jobs. What did everyone else do when installing the rears or replacing the shocks? If you're not too fussy do what I wish I'd done, grab your trusty Dremel and cut a screwdriver slot in the top oblong on the shock rod. You'll save yourself the pain.

Coilovers had very awkward nylon nuts and trying to keep it still while you're doing the nut up is pure pain. Pictures tomorrow when I've set the ride height properly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Disaster Struck white smoke of Turbo Death.

Bumper off, Turbo out, coolant reservoir off, intercooler off air filter and box out.

Turbo warped shaft.

We think Turbo has been repaired previously and put back on badly, intercooler had black oil in where engine oil was pretty clean. Silicone sealant everywhere, Stripped everything off and cleaned. New Turbo (Refurbed) arrived this afternoon full kit with gaskets, bolts, and manifold.
Full oil change. Coolant flush and cone filter to be fitted.

I'm sad because my beautiful Cloverleaf is in bits in my brother's Garage. Soon be back on the road. Hopefully but not rushing it

Any tips would be welcome if anyone has previously done it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Disaster Struck white smoke of Turbo Death.

Bumper off, Turbo out, coolant reservoir off, intercooler off air filter and box out.

Turbo warped shaft.

We think Turbo has been repaired previously and put back on badly, intercooler had black oil in where engine oil was pretty clean. Silicone sealant everywhere, Stripped everything off and cleaned. New Turbo (Refurbed) arrived this afternoon full kit with gaskets, bolts, and manifold.
Full oil change. Coolant flush and cone filter to be fitted.

I'm sad because my beautiful Cloverleaf is in bits in my brother's Garage. Soon be back on the road. Hopefully but not rushing it

Any tips would be welcome if anyone has previously done it.
Toy Personal protective equipment Fashion accessory Carmine Stuffed toy

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Machine Automotive exterior

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
A month ago I had my car in with a friend to have the DNA front wishbones and tie rods all around done. Got side tracked by various nuisance issues, like screws not budging, various hoses sweating or leaking. So my buddy installed new software: smooooth acceleration. Don't ask me what it is cranking out now, 'cause I don't know. As far as I know my car has the stock 150 ponies.

In the meantime I got offered a full set of Giulia (yes Giulia) QV Brembos (hoses, calibers, and disc all around) for 30% of list price (=70% discount). :love:

So now with a full set of needed screws and bolts for the DNA stuff and the Brembos in hand he got started today.

One caveat to all of of you with 70K+ KMs (45k miles): my stock pads are down to so slim you could slice bread with them. (exagerating to make a point)
Tire Wheel Locking hubs Automotive tire Vehicle brake

3201 - 3220 of 3231 Posts