Alfa Romeo Forum banner

What have you done to your Giulietta today?

345734 3230
There seems to be a thread like this for every car here except the Giulietta (unless the autoguide app search is that useless!). As the title suggests...what have you done? Perhaps something that's not worth a whole new thread, a quick question or comment!

I got my Giulietta delivered this morning! Silver veloce, 140 2.0jtdm, already updated B&M to v8.0, debating a spider tuning box. Its a company car ( inherited it with 37k on it), so limited to my options.
3181 - 3200 of 3231 Posts

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
75k seems a lot
My memory let me down; it should be 72,000 miles ;) see page 201 of the Handbook. This applies to the 2011 model but I am sure other years are similar.
Interestingly it makes no mention of changing the water pump.:eek:

Font Material property Parallel Rectangle Number

Font Rectangle Parallel Number Screenshot

Attachments

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
While working on my car, my buddy discovered a couple of brittle and leaky high pressure hoses.
There were a myriad of "injector" faults. But data tracing showed the culprit being the pressure fuel pump. It would erratically not deliver the require amount of petrol.
Replaced it with the one from the Giulia QV, which supposedly is more reliable.
In the spring, the brakes shall be upgraded from two piston standard to Giulia QV 4 piston Brembos.
I guess I should then affix a sticker: please maintain a safe distance. This car will stop on a dime.
If you can read this, you are too close :p

·
Registered
2012 2.0 JTDM2 Veloce
435 Posts
Dave, which brakes are those? The regular Brembos, or QV Brembos?
Looks like you left the original discs on.
I found some 166 V6 calipers for sale on an Alfa group on Facebook. I'd given up on doing it due to cost but as these were reasonable and bolt straight on I decided to go for it. They are the original 305mm discs.
:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
There seems to be a thread like this for every car here except the Giulietta (unless the autoguide app search is that useless!). As the title suggests...what have you done? Perhaps something that's not worth a whole new thread, a quick question or comment!

I got my Giulietta delivered this morning! Silver veloce, 140 2.0jtdm, already updated B&M to v8.0, debating a spider tuning box. Its a company car ( inherited it with 37k on it), so limited to my options.
I did an oil and filter service on mine. That air filter is in a pig of a place!

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Vacuumed the inside and washed the outside to remove the grime from both September's Europe jaunt and the few days away to the Lakes in October.

All because it is booked in for an MOT on Wednesday and I would hate the tester to think I didn't care.

I was surprised that it was not as dirty as I expected after 3000+ miles but there again it did throw it down going to and from the Lakes so perhaps some of the grime was washed off then.

3181 - 3200 of 3231 Posts