Alfa Romeo Forum banner

What have you done to your Giulietta today?

345750 3230
There seems to be a thread like this for every car here except the Giulietta (unless the autoguide app search is that useless!). As the title suggests...what have you done? Perhaps something that's not worth a whole new thread, a quick question or comment!

I got my Giulietta delivered this morning! Silver veloce, 140 2.0jtdm, already updated B&M to v8.0, debating a spider tuning box. Its a company car ( inherited it with 37k on it), so limited to my options.
3161 - 3180 of 3231 Posts

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I don't carry a phone so didn't make any last night. But there will be pics later.

the car got hit by a fiesta on the passenger side front corner. the whole corner is gone including airbox, the wheel is stuck against the A pillar, curtain airbag and side airbag deployed, possibly seat belt tensioner aswell. It's been towed and awaiting assesment, as is the fiesta

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I don't carry a phone so didn't make any last night. But there will be pics later.

the car got hit by a fiesta on the passenger side front corner. the whole corner is gone including airbox, the wheel is stuck against the A pillar, curtain airbag and side airbag deployed, possibly seat belt tensioner aswell. It's been towed and awaiting assesment, as is the fiesta
Yikes, thats a proper hit! Amazing how well modern cars hold up to such impacts. Oh well, it did its job and took the hit well so you get to walk (limp..?) away.

·
Registered
460 Posts
MOT day today.
I'm an old fart and have been through this many times. BUT, it is still like being in the doctor's or dentist's waiting room.
Anyway the G passed, and no advisories. Already looking forward to the next time.......not.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Yikes, thats a proper hit! Amazing how well modern cars hold up to such impacts. Oh well, it did its job and took the hit well so you get to walk (limp..?) away.
I didn't really fee the impact, nor did the car change course. So I'm fine. But the fiesta got turned 90 degrees, it's crash bar hit my wheel.

I got a ride home in the tow truck luckily, was a few hours walking otherwise.

·
Registered
Giulietta Sportiva 170
55 Posts
I didn't really fee the impact, nor did the car change course. So I'm fine. But the fiesta got turned 90 degrees, it's crash bar hit my wheel.

I got a ride home in the tow truck luckily, was a few hours walking otherwise.
Sounds like you’ll be looking for a replacement car, are you sticking with a Giulietta? Not sure what the wrecked car was but a little 1.4TB 170 is doing a great job for me, cheap and zippy! Good to hear you walked away, would’ve been a different story in the impact had been the drivers side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
890 Posts
MOT + oil change. 12 year old 2.0JTDM. Only 6500 miles last year. Clean bill of health.

Uneventful year. This is it.

o Changed one headlight bulb
o dpf light came on once
o tailgate wires still patched up, new looms still in the box!

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Went to go see a man about a QV.

It's a 2014 so new engine and TCT, but the old style gauge faces and pre-facelift exterior. If it had the tumble switches it would be perfect for me.

Last march the gearbox oil and actuator oil was canged, it had a new timing kit including intake and exhaust cam phase variators, and comes with spare winter tyres. 90k miles. Dark grey metallic paint, don't know the name yet. No auto lights or wipers and no self dimming rear view mirror. But it has HID lights. I like auto wipers, don't like self dimming mirror as it doesn't seem to work with LED very well and needs readjusting up now and again. Auto lights is nice but not a must-have.

The N-led on the DNA selector is finnicky and there's some scratches on the glove box lid. usual blemishes on the outside for an 8 year old car. There's also a spare PS4 tyre in the boot, he bulged one, got 2 new tyres and kept the good one as spare.

2011 Giulietta Veloce M/A (170)
150 Posts
Just did the first service since having my new engine dropped in. All new fluids, plugs and filters, turns out my cabin/pollen filter hasn't ever been replaced so that was lovely.

Font Symmetry Number Pattern Circle

Was going to replace the multiair filter but realised it's only really done 20K miles, took it out and inspected it. Couldn't see anything untoward, no trapped gunk or anything so just gave it a spray with some brake cleaner and popped it back in.

Since swapping the engine I've dropped to a lower weight oil (0W30) and the canister style oil filter. Much better than those crappy insert filters I have to say. The Euro6 (C2000) engine does in fact have its perks.

Font Material property Rectangle Parallel Screenshot

Replaced my air filter as a bonus because I suspected it also hadn't been replaced before. It was all manner of crusty, it's a wonder my turbo could breathe. Only gonna get a couple months of use from it anyway before I install my intake.

I had the timing kit done when I purchased the engine so I'm not expecting to have to touch that until I drop my MTD camshaft back in. Remind me alfisti, how often should I do the cambelt & water pump?

3161 - 3180 of 3231 Posts