Alfa Romeo Forum banner

What have you done to your Giulietta today?

359346 Views 3342 Replies 362 Participants Last post by  David P
There seems to be a thread like this for every car here except the Giulietta (unless the autoguide app search is that useless!). As the title suggests...what have you done? Perhaps something that's not worth a whole new thread, a quick question or comment!

I got my Giulietta delivered this morning! Silver veloce, 140 2.0jtdm, already updated B&M to v8.0, debating a spider tuning box. Its a company car ( inherited it with 37k on it), so limited to my options.
3141 - 3160 of 3343 Posts
2011 Giulietta Veloce M/A (170)
167 Posts
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Removed, repainted and fitted a black emblem on the centre caps to replace the crusty factory ones (only putting the bare minimum effort in because I'm swapping the wheels soon). Put some new caliper decals over the chipped old ones, cleaned, sanded and sprayed my OEM lug nuts black to make them look less crusty.

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille

Also replaced the old crappy emblem on my broken scudetta to make it look at least somewhat presentable.

· Registered
138 Posts
View attachment 978697
Removed, repainted and fitted a black emblem on the centre caps to replace the crusty factory ones (only putting the bare minimum effort in because I'm swapping the wheels soon). Put some new caliper decals over the chipped old ones, cleaned, sanded and sprayed my OEM lug nuts black to make them look less crusty.

View attachment 978698
Also replaced the old crappy emblem on my broken scudetta to make it look at least somewhat presentable.
It just happens that I have a grill and badge for sale which will be going on ebay

· Registered
4,882 Posts
Gave mine it's last "wash" (used one of those waterless wash and wax stuff) and a good vacuum and polish. Still looks good for a 5yr old 90k mile car.

I'm really going to miss my G when I return it and handover stewardship to someone else on tuesday 😥😥

PS the waterless wash thingy has done a good job
Vehicle Car Steering part Motor vehicle Automotive mirror
Car Plant Vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover
Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Hood
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Grille Wheel
Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Automotive tail & brake light
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

· Premium Member
3,307 Posts
Bought the autoglym headlight restoration kit and had a stab at reviving my musty 11 year old, sun damaged headlights. Rather chuffed with the result if I'm honest.

Just got to repair my cracked bumper and drop the scudetta in and she'll be back to her former glory

View attachment 978993
Bought the autoglym headlight restoration kit and had a stab at reviving my musty 11 year old, sun damaged headlights. Rather chuffed with the result if I'm honest.

Just got to repair my cracked bumper and drop the scudetta in and she'll be back to her former glory

View attachment 978993
Was it a simple process?

167 Posts
Was it a simple process?
Yep, super simple.

1. Give your headlights a really good wash to remove any grit/dirt
2. Open your bonnet, cover everything with a blanket or something.
3. Mask off the area around your headlights (alternatively you can remove them but that's a massive faff). I recommend using vinyl gaffa tape, it's tougher than masking tape and won't pull your paint off.
4. Fill a dish/bucket with water and wet the surface of the headlights
5. Put your foam and velcro spinner on your drill. (If you're using a kit they usually come with one)
6. Start wet sanding the surface of the headlights, start with 800 and work up to 3000. Keep your sandpaper wet and wipe off the headlight residue as you go.
7. After sanding through the grits take your polishing compound and cover the entire surface. Buff the polishing compound off and you'll start to see the clear finish now emerging
8. (Optional) repeat step 7. I did two polishes
9. Wipe the surface clean again with a microfibre cloth
10. (Optional) seal the headlights with a UV protector

Voila, you have clean & clear headlights again.

167 Posts
So yeah, step 2 is to reduce the amount of panels you could potentially scuff with sandpaper.

I covered my engine bay with a blanket because when you're sanding and polishing it throws bits of headlight everywhere. It's better than cleaning a bunch of white spots off everything.

When I did it in my golf i didn't cover my engine and was cleaning bits off for months.

Here's a before and after of that for the golf
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Hood
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

· Registered
Giulietta Sportiva 170
56 Posts
Picked up my Giulietta Sportiva 170 at the beginning of the summer and been farkling. The wee car was a bit neglected but showed promise and very low miles at 26,000. Got the full service done including cam belt, water pump and that wee multiair filter thing hidden behind the cam belt. Needed two new wishbones and a radiator and BMC air filter. The alarm didn’t work but was sorted with a replacement sensor, the part up by the rear view mirror which also sorted very poor radio reception…no idea why! Ran about in the car for a bit to make sure all was well and it performed without fault. Did the full Lanogaurd treatment which is very stinky stuff but works a treat and doesn’t hide anything. Popped a full set of Vogtland coilovers on it and thoroughly recommend them, not expensive and transforms the handling, these are adjustable and the car sits perfectly. I didn’t lower the car too much, the bare minimum which takes it down around 30mm. 4 wheel alignment done and the handling is really very very good! It now has a cat back stainless exhaust from Pipe Dynamics which seems have liberated a good few extra horses! It isn’t just the increased noise, I swear it is markedly quicker!! Last but not least, once everything was settled in I got a ‘gentle’ remap, this added the finishing touch and the little G is putting a smile on my face. All completed for around the same price as a shagged out 55 plate, 100,000 mile Golf GTI!

3141 - 3160 of 3343 Posts