Alfa Romeo Forum banner

2161 - 2180 of 2188 Posts

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
So it is 12 weeks since I last started the Giulietta and with a few nights away booked for later in the month I thought I would check it would start. Well it did but only after a struggle. I have kept the battery charged up so it turned over ok but would not fire up. I had to try it three or four times, each time for much longer than normal, before it eventually stuttered into life. Once it was running though it seemed smooth enough and responded to the throttle without problems. Having backed it out of the carport I decided it would be worth checking the tyre pressures and was slightly surprised to find three were spot on and the fourth had only dropped 0.5psi.
Next stage is to clean 16 weeks of dust and tree pollen that has coated it all over and also remove the cobwebs from the wheels. So that should keep me busy if we get a dry day next week.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Picked it up from it's first cambelt / waterpump service, cost was extremely reasonable.
Alfa Romeo, don't panic, just look after them.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Picked it up from it's first cambelt / waterpump service, cost was extremely reasonable.
Alfa Romeo, don't panic, just look after them.
The Giulietta is particularly easy to own.
You'd not be smiling so much if it was a v6 cambelt change ;)

With the Giulietta on 94k I'm impressed the suspension feels tight, original turbo and feels like it did at 30k.

·
Registered
Guillietta 2015 2.0ltr JTDM
1 Posts
Fitted a towbar mechanicals, but now have to tackle the lighting electrics, using a guasar WH3S-G7 based 7 pin system. Finding it tricky though to identify the correct wires for lighting functions, can anyone point me to a schematic for a 2015 Guilliettz 2.0ltr diesel variant?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Fitted a towbar mechanicals, but now have to tackle the lighting electrics, using a guasar WH3S-G7 based 7 pin system. Finding it tricky though to identify the correct wires for lighting functions, can anyone point me to a schematic for a 2015 Guilliettz 2.0ltr diesel variant?
I've removed the tow bar from my 2012 QV but electrics still in place. Not sure if they are at all applicable to your case but will take a look later tonight.

·
Registered
279 Posts

note that there is just one wire for both tail and brake lights - need to be sure the relay boxcar decode the different signals.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Fitted one of these Isobel USB Bluetooth 5.0 Audio Transmitter Receiver 2 in 1, Mini Bluetooth Aux Adapter for TV PC Headphones Home Stereo Car, Wireless Audio Adapter with 3.5mm AUX, USB Power Supply: Amazon.com.au: Electronics to my 2012QV and works a treat! now I need to find a way for it to stay on continuously as the USB in the glove compartment doesn't seem to power it when the ignition is off.
You probably don’t want a permanent live to it as it’ll drain the battery

·
Registered
12 Posts
You probably don’t want a permanent live to it as it’ll drain the battery
Considering the receiver uses around 18MAh on standby and my battery is around 65Ah even accounting for system losses it should be able to power the receiver for 150 days or 5 months. I drive at least 4 times a day, every day. I don't think that's an issue. Cheers.

·
Registered
997 Posts
@ssantana
on my car "full" battery is between 73 and 77%; nowhere near 100% even though I have no extras.
With the car only used for one 15/30 mile trip a week, the battery looses another 15%.
If I miss a week due to bank holidays, the battery is down 30%.

Not saying you shouldn't do it, but do verify the consumption over time.:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
@ssantana
on my car "full" battery is between 73 and 77%; nowhere near 100% even though I have no extras.
With the car only used for one 15/30 mile trip a week, the battery looses another 15%.
If I miss a week due to bank holidays, the battery is down 30%.

Not saying you shouldn't do it, but do verify the consumption over time.:)
I'd suggest you get that battery or the charging system tested. 30% loss in a week is not normal. If you are losing 15% charge due to a 15/30 mile trip then there's something definitely not right with your charging/battery. I'm never under 90% and that's with a 4 year old battery and all options including Bose sub-woofer and sunroof etc.

·
Registered
2015 giuiletta 2.0JTD
7 Posts
Had to Hoover the car at 0650 this morning before I started work. Had a little accident on route to work. Ohh the joys of lone working on a Sunday morning!! By the way can anyone help me, my G is 4 years old every year in winter I have the same issues of condensation build up on the inside of the windscreen an back window. When the temp drops way below zero the moisture freezes. Can't think of what to do I use the climate control as I was advised before a while back, aparently it drys the moisture in the car, a collegue advised me a tube of salt to suck up the moisture still don't work. Does anyone else have the same problem an what has anyone done to try and solve it. And please people don't suggest rubbing an onion on the screen!!
i keep a cheap moisture box from £! store in car seems to work just leave it on centre consil the drivers door gets stuck with the ice if i dont

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I'd suggest you get that battery or the charging system tested. 30% loss in a week is not normal. If you are losing 15% charge due to a 15/30 mile trip then there's something definitely not right with your charging/battery. I'm never under 90% and that's with a 4 year old battery and all options including Bose sub-woofer and sunroof etc.
@mru actually states the loss at 15% per week
It is not the driving but standing, locked with the alarm etc set. Due to lockdown my Giulietta hasn't been moved for about 12 weeks. Every other Monday I have connected up a smart battery trickle charger (because the car is not garaged I cannot leave it connected) which has an output of 1.2 amps. This takes, on average about 14 hours to come back to fully charged. The arithmetic is not complicated so the alarm appears to be drawing about 50mA which in 168 hours (hours/week) is 8.4 Ah or 12% of a 68 Ah battery. Not that much different to mru's 15%

·
Registered
12 Posts
@mru actually states the loss at 15% per week
It is not the driving but standing, locked with the alarm etc set. Due to lockdown my Giulietta hasn't been moved for about 12 weeks. Every other Monday I have connected up a smart battery trickle charger (because the car is not garaged I cannot leave it connected) which has an output of 1.2 amps. This takes, on average about 14 hours to come back to fully charged. The arithmetic is not complicated so the alarm appears to be drawing about 50mA which in 168 hours (hours/week) is 8.4 Ah or 12% of a 68 Ah battery. Not that much different to mru's 15%
I'm in Australia, we don't need car alarms down here ;)

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Took all glow plugs out to find which was/were causing the 'Check glow plugs' warning. Found one that was completely open circuit and have ordered four new glow plugs so I'll fit them when they arrive.

2161 - 2180 of 2188 Posts