Alfa Romeo Forum banner

What have you done to your Giulietta today?

360323 Views 3348 Replies 363 Participants Last post by  Gazza72
There seems to be a thread like this for every car here except the Giulietta (unless the autoguide app search is that useless!). As the title suggests...what have you done? Perhaps something that's not worth a whole new thread, a quick question or comment!

I got my Giulietta delivered this morning! Silver veloce, 140 2.0jtdm, already updated B&M to v8.0, debating a spider tuning box. Its a company car ( inherited it with 37k on it), so limited to my options.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
2018 Giulietta 1.4 MA Super Sport
40 Posts
Dropped the alloys in for a Refurb.

The loaner rims look uhmmm..... retro?

Then gave it a quick clean and spruce up.
The discs didn't like the polar clean by the looks of things, they were spotless before I washed it. :unsure:

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

· Registered
40 Posts
Today I fitted my dashcam.
Just the front for the moment, the rear will have to wait a little longer.

I used piggyback fuse taps from the dashboard fusebox so that I didn't have to splice into the stock loom. I took power from the central locking (F38) for permanent 12v and to the parking sensors (F49) for switched 12v. The Dashcam circuit is fused at 3A.

The camera goes into parking mode when the ignition is off and record mode when the ignition is on. If the battery voltage drops below 11.8v the camera is disabled to preserve the battery.

Automotive lighting Gas Electrical wiring Electronic engineering Cable

· Registered
40 Posts
So it turns out it's not a simple job. Due to the position of where it connects it's a pain to do and my soldering skills aren't great (if soldering is even the right way to go!).

Anyone got any suggestions? Below is a picture of the part and where it connects.
Yeah, I doubt you'll be soldering that. :D
Edit: Although looking at it again, it does look doable if you properly tin the broken tab and have a powerful enough iron.

I think I'd be inclined to try to glue it back into position and then coat the broken circuit with electro conductive paint. (Maplins etc.... sell it). You can buy electro conductive epoxies too.

· Registered
40 Posts
Fitted new mirror caps from BGcustom, Alloy fuel filler cap, and the inevitable LED logo puddle lights.
I was surprised to find that the rear doors don't actually have courtesy lights fitted, so the kids will just have to take their chances in the dark!

Automotive parking light Automotive side-view mirror Plant Car Vehicle

· Registered
40 Posts
Are you happy with the quality,
Of the mirror caps?

Totally satisfied with the examples I received.
They're a direct replacement part for the original covers and a perfect fit .
Cosmetically the finish is flawless. (and I'm a fussy bastid!)

The design I chose is very subtle though, I suspect only petrol heads would look closely enough to pick up on it, which suits me just fine.

· Registered
40 Posts
The rear door wiring was deleted at some point as a cost reduction.
So I discovered.
There's an indent for the puddle light to be fitted but no wiring behind it.
I should have checked before ordering four units instead of two.

I suppose I could run some wires back if I get really bored at some point.

· Registered
40 Posts
How did you Fix the sticky tailgate button?
I mildly filed out the five holes in the part that mounts to the tailgate and used fine sandpaper to smooth the edges of the part with the logo so that the assembly would slide smoothly.
After that (and a good clean and lube) the button would move and return smoothly but wasn't activating the microswitch. So I made a shim from 0.5mm plasticard and superglued it between the button and microswitch.

It works perfectly now.

· Registered
40 Posts
I used a less intrusive method on the tailgate button; open the tailgate with the button stuck in and soak it in WD40. Leave it a while and then keep pushing it to free off any collected muck.
I tried that first, but without any success.
Even dismantling, cleaning and reassembly wasn't enough.
It wouldn't move smoothly until I'd rubbed down the inside edge of the logo with wet&dry and lightly filed the holes the button slides in.

· Registered
40 Posts
In preparation for the long weekend...

• A proper deep clean with Meguiars Wash Plus+ (good stuff this)
  • Decontaminated with AutoBrite Purple Rain and Autoglym Tar Remover
  • and then a thorough ClayBar all over

All ready for a proper compound and polish with the DA machine over the weekend.
The plan is to Wax (Meguiars) the paintwork but use Ceramic sealers (Nanolex) on the glass and plastics.

There's a few stone chips that will need attention but that can wait for warmer weather. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts