Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
2012 2.0 JTDM2 Veloce
441 Posts
Took mine out today with the wife, 180 mile trip round the Kent coast, I was curious to see what t was like mpg wise, it averaged 43.7 mpg overall, country lanes and motorways (I do have a heavy right foot sometimes).
Very impressed overall with its handling etc, this is the first long ride I've had in it since it was lowered.
:)

Attachments

· Registered
2012 2.0 JTDM2 Veloce
441 Posts
Quite easy.

Alfa 166 V6 calipers and pads are a direct fit with the standard G 305mm discs.
310mm discs would be perfect, but the 2.5mm difference in the radius you can live with.
The standard G calipers have a 150mm mounting hole spacing, same as the 166.
I believe that the Mitsubishi Evo 5, 6 7 etc use the same caliper.
Use the G caliper bolts.
You can use the standard G brake hose, with a little adjustment of the rubber bung that holds the hose to the strut, although it is tight.

That's it, biggest work is refurb of the caliper and not ruining all your hard work while mounting.

In hindsight, removing the disc while threading in the brake hose will reduce damage.

Dave
Thanks for that, gonna look for secondhand ones.

· Registered
2012 2.0 JTDM2 Veloce
441 Posts
Been messing about with the interior, My Focus ST had ambient lighting which I really liked so I've been playing about with some.
Looks better in the flesh than in the pic.

Attachments

· Registered
2012 2.0 JTDM2 Veloce
441 Posts
How easy was it to do? Tempted to give it a go myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not too bad, I purposely wired them separatly so as not to cut into any of the cars wiring, they are stick on led strips which are also covered in tinted film, about 50p each, I then put them all on a dimmer which again cost peanuts.
The door ones were harder, I only did them as I had the door cards off already whilst changing the speakers.

· Registered
2012 2.0 JTDM2 Veloce
441 Posts
The genuine illuminated tread plates I had fitted to my original Giulietta were wired through the interior mirror, and down the a pillars , to get the LEDs to light up with the doors opening. Very expensive when you include the labour so I didn't get them on the Speciale.
My ST3 had those as standard, looked great at night, I'd love them on the G, seen some on ebay for £70 but not gonna bother spending that just for the sake of it.

· Registered
2012 2.0 JTDM2 Veloce
441 Posts
That looks spot on, really think the lighting doesnt half add a touch to the interior. Also i can see you fitted a multimedia system, if you dont mind my asking, was it easy to do ? how much where all the parts in total ?

any help on this would be grand :rotate:
lighting wise including the cable not even 20 quid, the radio was already in the car when I bought it (or a similar one) but I've seen the dash kits on ebay for about 150 quid I believe plus the radio cost of course.
It looks quite straight forward to convert it all. I've changed the stereo already and the kits are normally plug and play.

· Registered
2012 2.0 JTDM2 Veloce
441 Posts
My car wouldn't start until the 4th or 5th try this morning, quick call to my trusted mechanic at Auto Alfa formerly Sunnyside and he thought it might be crankshaft sensor, I managed to get the car there and low and behold he was right, a quick call to europarts and an hour later I was on my way so happy days.
Thats who will be servicing mine soon. Half hour away from me but worth the journey.

· Registered
2012 2.0 JTDM2 Veloce
441 Posts
Wife also has a G. 1.6 JTD. Quite new purchase, picked up at a very good price. Did a full service, timing belt kit and pump at the weekend.
There is a special place in Hell for the B!"£$%ds who suck out the oil from the dip stick and don't use the drain plug.
1/2" socket and 500mm breaker bar and not a hope would it move!
I was actually afraid that of cracking the sump.
It's as if it was never opened in it's 9 year 260k-km life.
Seriously professional mechanics, would it kill you to use the drain plug now and again?
Just bought a set of rounded bolt removers to see if I can get the old sump bolt out of the wifes Mini, Last oil change I did on it was from the top because I couldn't get it off but I'm going to try and replace it this time round.

· Registered
2012 2.0 JTDM2 Veloce
441 Posts
If you see how high my poor car sits you'll understand. I plan on dropping her soon. And cos it's 19s to complete the look I'll need the lip and skirts to complete. A kind sir on fb did me a mock photoshop of my car and the results below: View attachment 936235 and then boom:
View attachment 936237
Gonna have big clearance problems with that and a splitter, mines lowered without a splitter and you have to keep an eye on road humps etc. :)

· Registered
2012 2.0 JTDM2 Veloce
441 Posts
I think doing all of it would be better tbh, but what colour is your car? Ive got a 10 plate JTDM-2 170 in red and ive had the only had a bit of work done but I want to do more to it. So far ive done:
HID kit on front
changed all other front lights it super bright bulbs
big filter (for the noise mainly)
changed inside lights and number plate light to LED
got projection flood lights
got the wheels done gloss black
had callipers done yellow
had front bumper sprayed
and put a shark fin on for the radio

But i also wanna do:
spray the grill
side skirts and back bumper changed (maybe)
remap
exhaust
chrome delete
carbon fibre some of the inside (not to much tho)
thanks View attachment 936449 View attachment 936450 View attachment 936451 View attachment 936452
How do you mean big filter?
Mines got a BMC Filter on it but I was gonna put a new original one back on it as it doesn't make any difference I find.
Nasty dent on your front door pillar also.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts