Alfa Romeo Forum banner

What have you done to your Giulietta today?

359346 Views 3342 Replies 362 Participants Last post by  David P
There seems to be a thread like this for every car here except the Giulietta (unless the autoguide app search is that useless!). As the title suggests...what have you done? Perhaps something that's not worth a whole new thread, a quick question or comment!

I got my Giulietta delivered this morning! Silver veloce, 140 2.0jtdm, already updated B&M to v8.0, debating a spider tuning box. Its a company car ( inherited it with 37k on it), so limited to my options.
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

· Registered
1,257 Posts
Eibach-Bilstein Suspension Kit "Sportiva"

Well, I finally went and did it. After only 9000km, I replaced the entire suspension "sports pack" with the Eibach-Bilstein Suspension Kit "Sportiva". The kit consists of Bilstein B6 shocks and Eibach pro springs.

The ride now is not stiff, but very firm. No bouncing and wollowing about anymore. On one curve, before I needed to limit the speed to 100kmh, now the car glides like on tracks at 120kmh. I is a very happy camper.

Sad truth is that what car makers nowadays call sports suspension, is actually nothing more than a normal setup at a premium price. While the standard setup is only for pot hole infested city roads. I had observed the same thing on my company A6s. Only the first one in '93 could really be called sport. The last ('13) one was an insult to the word suspension......

Side benifit is the 30mm lowering. Actually on the front is was 46 and 43, and on the rear 32 and 34. Suffice it to say, it looks a lot more crouched ready to pounce!

Of course the head lights needed adjusting, and wheel line aligned.
My mechanic, a guru on the classic rwd alfas, was surprised to see that the alignment was opposite of what is nlrmal for a fwd. Can't remember whether it is, or was supposed to be negative......

Best €1200 I've spent in a long time.
Of course the 2016 sports suspension set is up for sale if anyone is interested.

· Registered
1,257 Posts
Eibach-Bilstein Suspension Kit "Sportiva" reprise

It is a few days later, the car is washed and ready to head to the south of France......

Took a couple of photos, but I am an utter amature.... Let me know if there are different views/angles you'd to like to see. I will try to make them in the next few weeks.

· Registered
1,257 Posts
Took the Giulietta out for some serious driving: full day sports driving training (ADAC Lüneburg).

She did quite well, even if her 150hp was the lowest of the lot. Which included 3 Porsche, a 5litre Mustang GT, a 190hp Polo GTI (WTF?!?), and an Opel Speedster with the same number of horses as mine, but half the weight (including the drivers:punch:). But the car that had everybody drooling was a Ford Focus.
RS that is with a whopping 350hp and roadhandling to put the Porsches to shame.

Alfa should take a serious look at this car and learn how it is done right.
At a price tag of €40-46k I think it is very competitive. The delta being paint, rims, seats, painted brakes, rear camera and other such trivia. Meaning that at baseprice you are not sacrificing one iota of performance.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Giulietta. It is exactly what I need & want.
But if you are a QV owner who is is not happy with the performance or reliability........

One more comment on today's training: not a single diesel!:burger:

· Registered
1,257 Posts
Love it. Am scheduled to get a Novitec rear bumper painted red.
What exactly did you (they) do to the front bumper? Repaint the original black to red? Is there any black left?
Did they smoothen the rough black finish?

· Registered
1,257 Posts
I can relate to that.
My neighbours would have pulled out the lawn chairs and the vodka bottles and commence in a rowdy ruckus of serious laughter.
(Russians to the right, Polish to the right......)

· Registered
1,257 Posts
German neighbours would. BTW in this area any car washing is prohibited, except in professional setting with a water cleaning&recycling installation.

I lucked out that this street is small Odessa, with the entire east block represented, plus one french couple, ..... and us!Me born american, naturalized german while living in Italy with a wife from Mauritius.:beer::hippy:

1 - 20 of 91 Posts