Alfa Romeo Forum banner

What have you done to your Giulietta today?

357891 Views 3339 Replies 362 Participants Last post by  Iron Wizard
There seems to be a thread like this for every car here except the Giulietta (unless the autoguide app search is that useless!). As the title suggests...what have you done? Perhaps something that's not worth a whole new thread, a quick question or comment!

I got my Giulietta delivered this morning! Silver veloce, 140 2.0jtdm, already updated B&M to v8.0, debating a spider tuning box. Its a company car ( inherited it with 37k on it), so limited to my options.
1 - 20 of 256 Posts

· Registered
43,350 Posts
Thankfully Gilbletts , the Giulietta is not at the phase where it needs something doing every day!
Individual posts seem to cover what some people are up to. I was planning to put the 16" wheels on mine for the winter to preserve the 18s but it's raining heavily at the moment...

· Registered
43,350 Posts
My Giulietta is three years old and I've never gone beyond a bit of microfiber cloth and gentle brushing ( with a good wack to get the dust up) for the fabric. I'd avoid serious abrasion and chemicals as long as you can .

· Registered
43,350 Posts
Well today I took the instrument cluster out of mine to see why the dash lights on the rev counter keep going out.
Managed to unclip the back cover by pushing loads of screwdrives down the clips but getting at the circuit board needs the rev and speedo needles pulling of, something which is bound to go wrong. No obvious breaks or damage on the exposed side but you do need access to the underside which requires the circuit board taking off, no way that is going to happen.
So I've ordered some white LED strips. My plan is to cut some small holes or slots in the side of the casing (with a hot soldering iron and poke the lights thru them. Wiring them up to existing leds or at a live feed if I can figure it out how. I plan on sharing this if it's successful.
A used cluster is far too pricey and likey to also be faulty and a new one is out of the question.
The other week I had a reversing light out. I traced this to where it passes from the tailgate to the body inside a rubber gaitor, the wire had snapped with all the flexing. Quite easy to fix, just find the wire from the lamp in the tailgate, after first removing the trim panel. Then remove the side trim and wheel arch trim in the boot and it was possible to trace the wire. I then fed a new wire thru the rubber gaitor and splice it in either side with a soldering iron, covering it with well with heatshrink.......job done in about an hour.
This alfa is just like any other....always going wrong.
I had the reversing light issue and I was quoted £800 but luckily it was done on warranty. I wouldn't say Giuliettas are "always going wrong " though... In three years , there have been significant times between issues on mine .

· Registered
43,350 Posts
The main reason I went for petrol this time . That and the diesel vibration in a traffic jam delay on a Friday was giving me Tourette's !
The financial bit is tempting though for the imminent replacement to be a diesel.

1 - 20 of 256 Posts