Alfa Romeo Forum banner

What have you done to your Giulietta today?

360323 Views 3348 Replies 363 Participants Last post by  Gazza72
There seems to be a thread like this for every car here except the Giulietta (unless the autoguide app search is that useless!). As the title suggests...what have you done? Perhaps something that's not worth a whole new thread, a quick question or comment!

I got my Giulietta delivered this morning! Silver veloce, 140 2.0jtdm, already updated B&M to v8.0, debating a spider tuning box. Its a company car ( inherited it with 37k on it), so limited to my options.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
Giulietta Sportiva 170
56 Posts
Picked up my Giulietta Sportiva 170 at the beginning of the summer and been farkling. The wee car was a bit neglected but showed promise and very low miles at 26,000. Got the full service done including cam belt, water pump and that wee multiair filter thing hidden behind the cam belt. Needed two new wishbones and a radiator and BMC air filter. The alarm didn’t work but was sorted with a replacement sensor, the part up by the rear view mirror which also sorted very poor radio reception…no idea why! Ran about in the car for a bit to make sure all was well and it performed without fault. Did the full Lanogaurd treatment which is very stinky stuff but works a treat and doesn’t hide anything. Popped a full set of Vogtland coilovers on it and thoroughly recommend them, not expensive and transforms the handling, these are adjustable and the car sits perfectly. I didn’t lower the car too much, the bare minimum which takes it down around 30mm. 4 wheel alignment done and the handling is really very very good! It now has a cat back stainless exhaust from Pipe Dynamics which seems have liberated a good few extra horses! It isn’t just the increased noise, I swear it is markedly quicker!! Last but not least, once everything was settled in I got a ‘gentle’ remap, this added the finishing touch and the little G is putting a smile on my face. All completed for around the same price as a shagged out 55 plate, 100,000 mile Golf GTI!

· Registered
Giulietta Sportiva 170
56 Posts
I didn't really fee the impact, nor did the car change course. So I'm fine. But the fiesta got turned 90 degrees, it's crash bar hit my wheel.

I got a ride home in the tow truck luckily, was a few hours walking otherwise.
Sounds like you’ll be looking for a replacement car, are you sticking with a Giulietta? Not sure what the wrecked car was but a little 1.4TB 170 is doing a great job for me, cheap and zippy! Good to hear you walked away, would’ve been a different story in the impact had been the drivers side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
Giulietta Sportiva 170
56 Posts
Cleaned it!
Found what looks like sap droplets over all the upper flat surfaces so looks like once it warms up the clay bar will be getting an outing. !
Tried to clean a small section with very hot water, auto finesse tripple and tar and glue and nothing is shifting it!
Also decided to put some new dipped bulbs in !
What should be a five minute job took nearly an hour due to virtually needing to remove the bumper!
What a stupid idea !
Fixed the catch (again) on the dash top storage box
I feel your pain, just did the same job! A small mirror makes life much much easier. I managed to drop the bulb and the spring clip into the headlamp!! Telescopic magnet pen got them back out and eventually fitted. Next time round I’ll manage it in 10 mins. I fitted Phillips GT200?? bulbs, a big improvement over the factory fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts