Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

· Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There seems to be a thread like this for every car here except the Giulietta (unless the autoguide app search is that useless!). As the title suggests...what have you done? Perhaps something that's not worth a whole new thread, a quick question or comment!

I got my Giulietta delivered this morning! Silver veloce, 140 2.0jtdm, already updated B&M to v8.0, debating a spider tuning box. Its a company car ( inherited it with 37k on it), so limited to my options.

· Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankfully Gilbletts , the Giulietta is not at the phase where it needs something doing every day!
Oh dear...that's no fun! :)

· Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just use the same upholstery cleaner you would for the house

· Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
First proper drive today, played around with the DNA and as many other settings as I could, anyone know how to get the turbo's boost gauge up on the display?

Any spelling/ grammatical errors are purely there to annoy!

· Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
D brings up turbo boost. A gives digital speedo.

Does it come up immediately? I just seem to get the usual screens

· Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·

· Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Turn your radio off and try again. If it works then go into the dash menu, find an option called 'radio repeat' pr something similar and turn it off.

Thanks, that's exactly what the thread I linked to suggested, so now have the turbo gauge, seems to got to 100% unlike others here ( or my 159!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
Got bored in a traffic queue and pulled up the central console trim to route a power cable to my sat nav ( instead of getting in the way), also put in an isofix seat, took ages to realise the connection points were behind some zippers!

· Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
Fitted an EGR restrictor plate, a pig of a job in comparison to the 1.9jtdm. Very little space and the bottom bolt has to be done blind. Managed to drop the gasket though never had it on the 1.9. More gas will go through the turbo an so should spoil up quicker and less gunk in the manifold too.

Once done though pick up was a little bit quicker and smoother to just over 2,000rpm.

Then fitted a drake tuning box ( got 2nd hand from one of the members here), you can set to to between 1-10, so put it on 5, and managed without trying too hard to get decent wheel spin in 1st and 2nd, and much keener through the range.

· Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 · (Edited)
I thought the dreaded EGR was close-coupled to avoid the need for removal etc. That'd be why the job was difficult !
isnt that the DPF? Think the G EGR is a better design, but still worth blanking.

EDIT: think the 2.0 EGR is a pain due to the water cooler for the EGR.

· Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
Too many people have suffered like you! :) The 1.9 is such an easy job too in comparison.

· Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
The main reason I went for petrol this time . That and the diesel vibration in a traffic jam delay on a Friday was giving me Tourette's !
Might have to start use that as an excuse for my language when I drive :)

· Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
De iced the car and tried to start it, the ignition lock was not moving anywhere! (Door locks were fine as I tested to see if it was the key) After about 2-3 minutes of removing the key inserting etc, and trying all sorts it turned and started like normal?! Then found out the screen wash appears to be 100% water and frozen solid....trip to motor spares today then!

· Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #229 ·
Got it washed, then noticed a dent in the rear rear door, just on the ridge....grrr
Also switched off the passenger airbag.....for some reason it had switched itself off (so I had the light on the console)

· Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #235 ·
Took the drake tuning box out, whilst it is definitely got more power, wondering what it's doing to my mpg. Use it mostly commuting (114miles per day) and using an app it seems to be getting around 48mpg ( displaying 60mpg lol). That was on level 5 (of 10)
So see what it does without it, save some cash.
In the mean time putting it on the 159, all personal miles so will enjoy that.

· Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #278 ·
Just put petrol in it D'oh!!!!!! Luckily not started it.
Pulled up at the correct pump, shell 'fuel save diesel' and realised it was 'out of use'. Moved the car to the next pump and just saw the 'fuel save' bit. Stupid thing is I was looking at the green handle thinking, 'it's not normally that loose in the nozzle!' £280, plus the £50 for the tank full.

· Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #281 ·
Good news is I found another company who will do it £156, I'd previously prided myself on having never done that before! I'd brimmed it, otherwise I would have topped with diesel as cue2 suggests, apparent its doable up to 25% petrol ( and keep topping it up).

· Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #300 ·
Got some chrome tyre valve caps from pound world, originally for my 159, until I remembered I'd had the wheels down anthracite and they wouldn't match, lol

Not bad quality, metal rather than plastic ( though wondering if they will affect the balancing!), I've had expensive ones in the past which went missing after a few months so not investing much again!

· Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #302 ·
I was saying to the service manager at the dealership about my Alfa metal valve caps being nicked and he told me it saved me some hassle . They have cars in where the metal caps have corroded on , he told me. He has to explain they couldn't check their tyre pressures.

Yeh, hassle, believe it's the alloy ones which cause the problem as they get anodic corrosion that leads to them welding on, apparently the metal ones retain pressure a lot better though.

· Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #307 ·
Took mine to Johnsons in Dorridge for it's 2year/18000mile service today: High points: feels like it has been serviced, free courtesy car, free insurance, cleaned thoroughly inside and out, decent coffee, had a chance to pine over a 4c low points: courtesy car was a Panda, it wasn't cheap! Still, overall a very pleasant experience and it reminded me why I travel 140 miles to go there. Well done Johnsons!

Ha, better than my experience...

1 - 20 of 62 Posts