Alfa Romeo Forum banner

What have you done to your Giulietta today?

359358 Views 3342 Replies 362 Participants Last post by  David P
There seems to be a thread like this for every car here except the Giulietta (unless the autoguide app search is that useless!). As the title suggests...what have you done? Perhaps something that's not worth a whole new thread, a quick question or comment!

I got my Giulietta delivered this morning! Silver veloce, 140 2.0jtdm, already updated B&M to v8.0, debating a spider tuning box. Its a company car ( inherited it with 37k on it), so limited to my options.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Premium Member
3,307 Posts
Well today I treated the motor to a set of reconditioned 159 alloys and Michelin pilot sport 4's, The previous lady owner had done a good job of scuffing every wheel on the edges and elsewhere, I got these from Veloce's for a good price on the wheels and tyres and they gave me some money for the old wheels, never used them before but they were very helpful and jet washed out my wheel arches at the same time as they were full of years of build up, I'm happy

Attachments

· Premium Member
3,307 Posts
My car wouldn't start until the 4th or 5th try this morning, quick call to my trusted mechanic at Auto Alfa formerly Sunnyside and he thought it might be crankshaft sensor, I managed to get the car there and low and behold he was right, a quick call to europarts and an hour later I was on my way so happy days.

· Premium Member
3,307 Posts
I feel like I am spamming this thread at the moment.

First attempt at doing the main part of the dash. There are a few bits I did not quite get right but I have plenty to do it again. It looks much better than the brushed blue aluminium. Might try red carbon next to see how that looks with the red seats.
View attachment 932728
Looks good Alfer, did you use the 3m carbon effect wrap, did you manage to get one piece the width of the panel?

· Premium Member
3,307 Posts
I jet washed the rear arches yesterday 9 years of build up from the previous owner, I get the feeling though they could really do with being removed so I can see whats lurking behind, does anyone know if they are easy to remove?

· Premium Member
3,307 Posts
I managed to change the front light bulbs without any major headaches and only a tiny scratch on my wrist, I feel like I achieved a minor miracle after what I've read on here and it only took 20 mins and the retaining pin stayed in place,

· Premium Member
3,307 Posts
Congratulations,

How about setting up "replace your bulbs for £10" service. Based on the threads here and my struggles to replace one I think you could be on a winner.
I would if I wasn't 100 % it wasn't a fluke, got some interior leds today, can you tell lockdown is getting to me, the door ones are an improvement too, the front is the original, rear is the merc spec 😀😄

Attachments

· Premium Member
3,307 Posts

· Premium Member
3,307 Posts
No, more a constant whine that comes and goes with load on the belt from alternator and ac.

It came and went with the cooling fan coming on so that’s why they put an alternator in it - but that was just a load on the belt. Early on it was just a faint rumble that I noticed from the day I picked it up brand new, it’s on 10,000kms now and getting worse.
This is shocking i thought you could test alternator if they weren't working

1 - 20 of 31 Posts