Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1883 Posts

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be a thread like this for every car here except the Giulietta (unless the autoguide app search is that useless!). As the title suggests...what have you done? Perhaps something that's not worth a whole new thread, a quick question or comment!

I got my Giulietta delivered this morning! Silver veloce, 140 2.0jtdm, already updated B&M to v8.0, debating a spider tuning box. Its a company car ( inherited it with 37k on it), so limited to my options.

·
Registered
32,224 Posts
Thankfully Gilbletts , the Giulietta is not at the phase where it needs something doing every day!
Individual posts seem to cover what some people are up to. I was planning to put the 16" wheels on mine for the winter to preserve the 18s but it's raining heavily at the moment...

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankfully Gilbletts , the Giulietta is not at the phase where it needs something doing every day!
Oh dear...that's no fun! :)

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Today I've done bugger all to my G, it was my intention to wash, wax and clean the interior but it hasn't stopped raining since I got out of my be at 0930 and doesn't look like it's going to.............

·
Registered
945 Posts
Well I've cleaned the interior of my car today but I think I need better fabric seat cleaner. I'm using a diluted Autoglym interior cleaner, which is great for everything plastic, rubber, glass and even leather. But I don't think its that great for the fabric seats. What would you recommend for cleaning the seats and keeping them looking new?

·
Registered
32,224 Posts
My Giulietta is three years old and I've never gone beyond a bit of microfiber cloth and gentle brushing ( with a good wack to get the dust up) for the fabric. I'd avoid serious abrasion and chemicals as long as you can .

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just use the same upholstery cleaner you would for the house

·
Registered
167 Posts
Wash, polish, vacuum, window shine, cleaned engine bay and alloys, treated the bootliner with jet black clear ( looks fab now ) oiled and greased door locks, bonnet and boot struts.:D

·
Registered
32,224 Posts
Yes , I use an occasional claying on the paint and Autoglym extragloss sealant stuff, but I was replying about the interior when I said to use the minimum " product" .

·
Registered
554 Posts
Oh, that's not so good then. Was looking at them from a styling perspective rather than for air cleaning or allowing smoke out without turbulence.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Had to Hoover the car at 0650 this morning before I started work. Had a little accident on route to work. Ohh the joys of lone working on a Sunday morning!! By the way can anyone help me, my G is 4 years old every year in winter I have the same issues of condensation build up on the inside of the windscreen an back window. When the temp drops way below zero the moisture freezes. Can't think of what to do I use the climate control as I was advised before a while back, aparently it drys the moisture in the car, a collegue advised me a tube of salt to suck up the moisture still don't work. Does anyone else have the same problem an what has anyone done to try and solve it. And please people don't suggest rubbing an onion on the screen!!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Had to Hoover the car at 0650 this morning before I started work. Had a little accident on route to work. Ohh the joys of lone working on a Sunday morning!! By the way can anyone help me, my G is 4 years old every year in winter I have the same issues of condensation build up on the inside of the windscreen an back window. When the temp drops way below zero the moisture freezes. Can't think of what to do I use the climate control as I was advised before a while back, aparently it drys the moisture in the car, a collegue advised me a tube of salt to suck up the moisture still don't work. Does anyone else have the same problem an what has anyone done to try and solve it. And please people don't suggest rubbing an onion on the screen!!
I have one of these in my passenger footwell, no condensation since using it, dry windows when I get in it in the mornings.............

Buy UniBond Aero 360 Moisture Absorber Refill from our Dehumidifiers range - Tesco.com

1 - 20 of 1883 Posts