Alfa Romeo Forum banner

What have you done to your Giulia today?

Tags
giulia
341K views 2K replies 244 participants last post by  Pujazuba 
#1 ·
?

#1,777 ·
Had a kerbed alloy repaired under Motoreasy insurance. Excellent job done. I still have 11 repairs available over the next three years with a £25 excess per repair left. At £161 it seems a bargain, I hope I don’t need to use it again!

QV wheels are very prone to kerbing though

Reactions: matty74
#1,781 ·
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Fitted new wheels today, they also came with run-flat tyres and TPS, These particular ones are diamond cut from the factory, and come from a Veloce. This is one of the rarer 18in patterns that I think look a bit better than the 5 hole or the turbine, just because the diamond cut finish and "spokes" are thinner and finely finished. It gives the impression that it's a more expensive casting, and just makes the car look a bit more "premium". At least I think so, you may disagree if you're rolling on the other patterns !! :) If I get them refurbed at some point I think I might go for a darker underlying colour so that the diamond cut stands out more and you see the two tone pattern better. Of course 19in wheels would be nicer to look at, but they would be five to six times more expensive than these with tyres and TPS on, not an option for me!

The main reason I got these is that I wanted more rubber on the road at the back, and although that's probably knocked my mpg down a bit, it definitely helps getting off the line, as even with a mild tune the torque from the diesel engine is north of 500Nm which is getting towards the Quad's 600Nm. I accidentally burned off a BMW 3 series from the lights earlier today while testing on the way home (probably a slow one but he did appear to be hammering it!). With unscientific testing, mpg was down a bit at 55mpg whereas on the old wheels I might get as far as 59. This would be outside lane motorway driving at the legal limit (your honour) in A mode with Active cruise engaged to keep it as chilled and smooth as possible. Most importantly, the stance of the car looks much, much better with the staggered wheels, so very pleased! :D

#1,783 ·
Looks good. Personally prefer the contract of the wheels to the body colour. Love the grey colour as well - nardo grey being my favourite of another brand which we wont speak of in this forum. I need to understand how the tyre size affects fuel economy as I thought, overall the outside diameter remains the same. Its just the width of the side wall thats gets smaller with bigger rims. I could be wrong. But when I would swap tyres on my TT, the MPG remained roughly the same but the ride comfort was quite different - 17's being more comfortable than the 19's over a long journey.

#1,785 ·
Bought and installed a boot organiser, from Etsy.
The logo looks a lot lighter in this photo as the sun light was catching the thread, which has a shiny characteristic to it under certain light. The blue without the light could still do with being a tad darker though.

Managed to fit quite a bit inside:
  • Heavy duty jump leads
  • Battery jump starter pack
  • Bottle of top up oil
  • Electric tyre inflator
  • Soft detailing brush, soft towel and waterless wash (ideal for bird dropping removal)
  • Seat cover (ideal if I'm messy/get caught in the rain)
Automotive lighting Automotive design Flash photography Sky Wood

#1,788 ·
Done quite a few minor tweaks lately but nothing of significance, until this week I had fitted the Alfissimo Double H Pipe which deletes the Centre resonator section.

Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Grille

Gas Auto part Metal Fashion accessory Nickel

I wanted the Double H pipe over an X pipe or even a single H pipe as this is the same fitment as the GTAm model that my car is slowly morphing into a homage to!

Took over a month for it to arrive but worth the wait. In terms of quality, the parts seem very good quality the welds look really good and the fitment was spot on.

Fitting wise there was a bit of confusion as the exhaust shop were convinced the rear undertrays and valance would have to come off so they can disconnect the rear back box exhaust hangers to give enough movement in the exhaust to release the centre section.
After clarifying this wasn’t needed it turns out there is enough movement/compression in the oem flexi pipes to squash them to squeeze it out. Took circa 20mins to swap over and as before the new set up fits really well.

Sound wise it is louder but only marginally I’d go with it being around 10% louder. Which is what I wanted.
What is evident is there is a much more pronounced difference between the quiet mode (exhaust valves closed) and loud mode (valves open). With the valves closed there is no noticeable increase in volume than standard which is perfect. So this won’t annoy the neighbours thankfully.

With the valves open it doesn’t sound aftermarket exhaust loud, and it’s in keeping with the car so not obvious there has been a change.
The tone is more raw, it sounds more aggressive, slightly deeper and has more growl to it. I’ve not driven it extensively but I’m not picking up any notable increase in pops and bangs which i didn’t want either.

So, whilst early days it does seem to be exactly what I was hoping for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

#1,791 ·
Be interested to know how you get on with it. I have toyed with the idea but there are so many negative reviews that I have held off buying one

#1,794 ·
That‘s it, you have convinced me! Just bought one off Amazon, price has been dropped to £76 so can’t go wrong at that. Plus you have proved that it works in a Visconti green Veloce so guaranteed to work in mine as well, haha.

#1,800 · (Edited)
It is totally aesthetic. I agree. But that is exactly why I want it. I want mine to look like that above. Irritates me that it doesn't. Does the link to run that interface come up in the main infotainment list and you just select it?

On the subject of pointless aesthetic upgrades I also want to retrofit the leather wrapped gearstick. Pretty much the same price... :oops:

#1,801 ·
Haha, yeah it would irritate me too.

You switch between Alfa connect and Eng Custom interfaces by pressing and holding the menu button for a second or two.
Both systems work at the same time, so I can have my work phone connected to the Alfa system and simultaneously have my own phone running AA wirelessly. Or you could use the Alfa radio with AA maps on screen etc.
Easy enough to fit too if you're prepared to limbo under the dashboard to connect it all up.

I would love the leather wrapped gear selector too, but the next thing for me might be a modest sub to round out my standard audio system a bit. The shopping list is endless :LOL:

#1,811 · (Edited)
You have inspired me to get a couple (y)

I had these as standard in my Stelvio and was a little irritated when I bought my Giulia and my house keys I had kept in there dropped straight through. Had no idea you could buy them. Ordered but at more than double what you paid for the two, but it does look like they also come with a rubber insert for the base, so easily cleaned. Easily accessible storage space is so limited, it’s a no brainer for me.

Reactions: ctsang24