Alfa Romeo Forum banner

What have you done to your Giulia today?

237423 1637
?
1601 - 1620 of 1638 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Because I'm just a massive child at heart, I took the opportunity to install Race mode when I needed to change the Radio on/off switch. Totally necessary... :unsure:

Test drive in wet conditions has convinced me never to use it when it's not dry! :oops:

View attachment 980610
Do your paddle shifters work in race mode? Only asking becauseI retrofitted both - race mode and paddles and paddles dont work in race mode.

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Giulia Veloce
256 Posts
Yes, the paddles shifters work in race mode. Mine is a Veloce so they were factory fitted. Weird that they would work in every other mode? Which type of DNA switch did you select in MES? I selected type 2, but there was a type 3. Not sure what the difference is.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yes, the paddles shifters work in race mode. Mine is a Veloce so they were factory fitted. Weird that they would work in every other mode? Which type of DNA switch did you select in MES? I selected type 2, but there was a type 3. Not sure what the difference is.
Type 2. Type 3 just didn't work and none of the errors would go away. Infact the car would be completely crippled and would not even go into drive using a type 3. I read somewhere that there is a difference in the d-n-a selectors depending on the year it was made. maybe that has something to do with it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Whats the boot spring mod if you dont mind me asking?
Park facing uphill, then open the boot and watch the lid flail gracefully back and forth rather than open fully.

Three ways of dealing with it...
1. Zip tie a few of the spring coils together to create additional tension.
2. Buy an upgraded set of springs/bump stops.
3. Park facing downhill :LOL:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Park facing uphill, then open the boot and watch the lid flail gracefully back and forth rather than open fully.

😀

I did have an issue with my boot lid when I got the car but that was down to a faulty damper which I believe was on the LHS of the boot. The dealer did replace this for free. Well he took it off another Giulia and put it on mine I later learned. Not tried parking uphill and opening the boot. Something to think about when the opportunity arises.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not today exactly, but the other night when the weather was absolutely foul, rain pouring down, crappy B-roads, I hit a pothole or some debris resulting in a deformed and detached heatshield-looking thing underneath the car - buckled and the fasteners seem to have been ripped out - this is what it looked like after an initial kicking back into shape:
Wood Automotive tire Tints and shades Tread Metal

·
Registered
39 Posts
... a deformed and detached heatshield-looking thing underneath the car - buckled and the fasteners seem to have been ripped out - this is what it looked like after an initial kicking back into shape:
"Kicking it back into shape" did not survive a drive down the motorway into a headwind! It was blown back down into contact with the road (probably leaving F1-style trail of sparks) and I had to pull off and bash it back up again :(
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
193 Posts

Have you seen the cost of option two?

but I’ve done the cable tie method four coils on each side

·
Registered
266 Posts
Battery upgrade today. Having scoured the forum for recommendations I chose to ignore all of them and went for one of these:

Tayna's own brand. A little bit less money and a year longer guarantee than they're offering on the Varta equivalent.

After a top up charge overnight, installation was a simple straight swap, everything fit perfectly and the tips on the forum about the extra fixing hole to take the longer 95ah battery were spot on.

I didn't bother with using a slave battery or anything, just whacked the new one in and reset the ensuing error lights by spinning the steering from lock to lock.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I wish I knew! In my BMW-driving days it was easy to look up parts on realoem.com and see what the interchangeability is. I don't think there's an equivalent for Alfa Romeo.
On trying to do a more permanent fix, it really looks as if the fasteners were not so much pulled out as missing . . . another legacy of lease car "servicing" perhaps??

1601 - 1620 of 1638 Posts