Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1581 - 1600 of 1638 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Which connectors were corroded? And what ended up being replaced? Getting concerned now.
I didn’t get to see the section of loom that was corroded but it was O/S/F and around £140, which suggests it’s a small section. Dealer stated they see a lot of water ingress to both front wheel well areas that cause man light and/or battery drain. Since then I give standing water a wide birth. Dealer say they seal up the connectors to avoid future issues. I do plan to get in there and ID the loom section at some point.

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Giulia Veloce
256 Posts
how did you repair it, please? Or do you mean replace with new ones? Thanks
I repaired. They're so expensive for what they are (£200+ each).

I basically pulled them back into shape. Then put some plastic honeycomb grill stuff behind to strength it, but you could glue any sort of sheet plastic there tbh. I've read about people using a paint roller tray or food packaging which they cut up. Then used a repair washer at the front to provide a bit more support. I'm going to paint the washers black and glue them in place but the felt is too wet at the mo. Need to get them dry first.
Tire Automotive tire Asphalt Tread Glove

·
Registered
946 Spider LE, Giulia Veloce, Stelvio Speciale
1,297 Posts
Had front and rear nearside alloys refurbished today (y)
What wheels do you have and where did you go ?
I have the 5 hole petal wheels which are diamond cut. They are 3 years and OK but another winter with our wet salty roads and I can expect to see some corrosion next year. Would be good to know some good wheel refurbers in the Nottingham area.

·
Premium Member
43,185 Posts
19 inch 5 hole standard alloy not diamond cut as in my profile pic. Had them refurbed through an insurance policy I took out when buying the car. The company that did the work is called revive

www.revive-uk.com

Looks a decent job (y)

·
Registered
Giulia Quadrifoglio Feb 2017 Alfa Rosso, Fiat 500e Apr 2021
2,545 Posts
Must be terrifying with almost twice the power available.
Not if one learnt how to drive in a rear wheel drive car without all the modern electronic gadgets.
I found that my Quadrifoglio was very controllable in Race in the wet.
Note though that I wasn't on a public road at the time.
For safety's sake, I'd never select Race in the wet except on track just in case.

Reactions: marknewton1971

·
Registered
5 Posts
Because I'm just a massive child at heart, I took the opportunity to install Race mode when I needed to change the Radio on/off switch. Totally necessary... :unsure:

Test drive in wet conditions has convinced me never to use it when it's not dry! :oops:

View attachment 980610
hi - where did you get this race mode selector module from, and did you install yourself?, also, what are the main changes you notice with teh race mode?

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Giulia Veloce
256 Posts
hi - where did you get this race mode selector module from, and did you install yourself?, also, what are the main changes you notice with teh race mode?
Hi, they're available second hand on ebay but you can get them new from Shop4Parts and Futurez.Fi.
I did install it myself, there is a useful video from Modded Motors which is about replacing the gearstick but showed the way the centre console came apart. You can find it here.
To enable the selector you have to change the type of DNA selector to type 2, I used MultiECU to do that.
The change that it gives you is that all the driver aid systems switch off. No traction control, stability control, anti wheel spin etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, they're available second hand on ebay but you can get them new from Shop4Parts and Futurez.Fi.
I did install it myself, there is a useful video from Modded Motors which is about replacing the gearstick but showed the way the centre console came apart. You can find it here.
To enable the selector you have to change the type of DNA selector to type 2, I used MultiECU to do that.
The change that it gives you is that all the driver aid systems switch off. No traction control, stability control, anti wheel spin etc.
thanks Mark(y)

·
Registered
946 Spider LE, Giulia Veloce, Stelvio Speciale
1,297 Posts
Had its 1st MOT.
Despite being told 3 months ago by Stoneacre my inner rear discs were showing signs of corrosion ( the bit you cant see ) and could do with being changed, on the MOT it passed no advisories.
The MOT tester and Garage Manager said it was in great condition and kept commenting how beautiful it was 😁.
Happy Days.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had its 1st MOT.
Despite being told 3 months ago by Stoneacre my inner rear discs were showing signs of corrosion ( the bit you cant see ) and could do with being changed, on the MOT it passed no advisories.
The MOT tester and Garage Manager said it was in great condition and kept commenting how beautiful it was 😁.
Happy Days.
stoneacre are cowboys, tried that with me.

1581 - 1600 of 1638 Posts