Alfa Romeo Forum banner

901 - 920 of 948 Posts

·
Registered
6,366 Posts
I ordered a BMC filter on Ebay from a seller in Italy, but they cancelled the order as they were unable to get stock from supplier. :(
The door lights are on the way (hopefully)

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce
124 Posts
I ordered a BMC filter on Ebay from a seller in Italy, but they cancelled the order as they were unable to get stock from supplier. :(
The door lights are on the way (hopefully)
Exactly the same happend to me with the ebay seller. I purchased through alfisiti.net in the end.

·
Registered
12 Posts
3 years service, brake fluid change, aircon full service incl. cabin filter, infotainment software update to the latest version v.90(all at Alfa Nuneaton), maps update, new front tyres plus full geometry(HUNTER). Read to roll

·
Registered
491 Posts
Fitted some carbon fauxbre, all from Amazon took about 3 weeks to arrive. The badge cover shows a bit of brightwork at the top so I put some black electrical tape on first.

Quality is ok for what they are (and cost).

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
The Old and The New at Bellagio on Sunday.

60 years age difference between the two Alfas.

I'd be delighted if my Quadfrifoglio were still running in 20 years let alone 60.

Attachments

·
Registered
491 Posts
also ordered these

·
Registered
6,366 Posts
Received some door lights from Ebay, the same place i used for the Giulietta.
But wow are the cables short in the Giulia doors. I can just about get the light fitting out and the connector sits at the edge of the hole.
Any tips?

·
Registered
531 Posts
I used a small pair of long nosed pliers to help hold the connector whilst unplugging it and re-connecting it.

Bear in mind that the connector has a small tang on it that must be pressed in to unplug it.

Reactions: nillm8tic

·
Registered
6,366 Posts
I used a small pair of long nosed pliers to help hold the connector whilst unplugging it and re-connecting it.

Bear in mind that the connector has a small tang on it that must be pressed in to unplug it.
Yeah i tried my long nose pliers just to hold the connector while pushing in the tang to release the fitting. But i found i needed a 3rd hand either to hold the pliers or the pick to push in the removal tang.
As yet i have not grown that 3rd hand.
Might look at using a lockable longnose plier

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
3rd Service at Beechdale, they also replaced my Rear discs and pads for the 2nd time.

New Discs look different to the ones changed on the 1st service so hopefully they’ll be a better material / different batch.

No joy with the maps licence file problem, but I do think it’s a file extension issue on the mopar website as mentioned in the infotainment thread.

Russell also kindly filled up my tank to compensate for them not replacing my door seal under warranty last year. So all in all a good days drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yeah i tried my long nose pliers just to hold the connector while pushing in the tang to release the fitting. But i found i needed a 3rd hand either to hold the pliers or the pick to push in the removal tang.
As yet i have not grown that 3rd hand.
Might look at using a lockable longnose plier
Try a strong elastic band on the handles to hold the pliers closed

·
Registered
6,366 Posts
Try a strong elastic band on the handles to hold the pliers closed
Yes that was my thinking, and after a quick try with that i still couldnt get the tang to click in enough on the new fitting.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Well not me but the wife curbed the ros wheel...now the hunt begins to try and find similar grey paint, the correct colour of seems to be one of life’s great mysteries....

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce
124 Posts
So, after a week of paternity leave and being bored mindless... Finally some goodies arrived in the form of a front emblem cover and front v grille cover.

None of the two peices are Carbon Fibre but ABS plastic instead. For me, at least anyway, at a total expenditure of £28.19 I'm very happy.

I just need to replace the monochrome badge at the front as it was damaged after removal.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
2 x New Goodyear’s on the front ... 1st MOT next Friday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Broke down yesterday on a motorway slip road near my work. Check engine flashed up followed by a splutter, cough and rolling to a halt. Jumped out and checked my CTEK app to see what the state of the battery was and it showed it at 18% which is odd as I charged it last weekend (no the radio button isn’t stuck down).

After waiting for 2 hours and watching it being dragged onto a low loader on skates and taken back to my work, I hoped that charging the battery over night would cure it. Afraid to say that even with a fully charged battery it would turn over (an improvement over yesterday) but it won’t fire. Used my cheap ELM reader to check for codes..

Had P008A-00
P00C6-00
P062A-00

Cleared them, car started reluctantly and ran for maybe 2 minutes before giving up again. After only owning the car 6 weeks this isn’t a great start to my relationship with it and now I guess I’ll have to get onto Alfa in the morning and try and decide which is the best of the two bad dealers near me and get it taken away.. :sneaky:(n)

901 - 920 of 948 Posts