Alfa Romeo Forum banner

881 - 900 of 948 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Agreed!

Finally stuck mine on and looks not too bad as long as you don't look too closely.
Clearly not real CF but looks better than stock I think.

The 3M tape on the inside was crap so I assisted it with some glue & a couple of small black cable ties near the top of the 2 arms of the V just to make sure it doesn't drop off!

View attachment 941981
I think they look fine - glad as I’ve got similar coming to me on the slow boat...

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce
124 Posts
So I fitted the black giulia badge today which apparently is OEM but, I have had to remove it as 3m pads were too thick/big and showing.

I've taken them off now and need to go about scrubbing off the remaining adhesive.

The question is how to stick them back on and with what?

Additionally, I replaced the front and rear badges with monochrome ones which stick over the top.
So I managed to fix the issue with the 3m tape being too thick on the individual giulia letters. A body craft shop near me had some very sticky double sided tape but also super super thin, which I managed to cut into small strips and re-stick the badge. As a result here is my new rear end :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
After much deliberation (I've had these sitting in the house for the best part of 3 weeks) I decided to fit non oem puddle lights. I hesitated, at first, thinking they may unleash the very little inner chav left in me, but post fitment, I do rather like it and think it looks quite slick! I must admit I had quite a big smile on my face which reminded me of my son whenever he receives/opens a new toy to play with :LOL:

Attachments

·
Registered
446 Posts
How easy were they to fit?
I have the alfa romeo script on one set of doors and the log on the other. Pretty easy to fit; only trouble is the wire in the door is quite short and barely pops out the opening in the door card. In fact, I still haven't gone back to fit the one of my drivers side rear door as it was too short and I gave up at the time. I've since read on here about using an elastic band to hold the plug in place instead of my sausage fingers so will give that a try.
I was thinking about having the alfa romeo script ones on the front doors and giulia ones on the back door but never got round to it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
@Hamfisti relatively easy. You just need to be careful pushing the clip in to pull the light out as it does require some force.

As @MikeFish has stated the biggest issue is there is no slack for the wiring at all. The trickiest part was putting the bulb on after removal of OEM one. FYI here is a link to the ones I bought

@MikeFish may I ask where you bought the script logo ones from. I am looking to replace the rear doors bulbs but I thought having 4 alfa logos showing might be overkill.

·
Registered
446 Posts
@Hamfisti relatively easy. You just need to be careful pushing the clip in to pull the light out as it does require some force.

As @MikeFish has stated the biggest issue is there is no slack for the wiring at all. The trickiest part was putting the bulb on after removal of OEM one. FYI here is a link to the ones I bought

@MikeFish may I ask where you bought the script logo ones from. I am looking to replace the rear doors bulbs but I thought having 4 alfa logos showing might be overkill.
Ebay jobbie:

Reactions: bucketbot

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Like the mirror caps are they a good fit?

eBay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
The mirror caps are proper carbon fibre from Koshi. You take the original colour coded caps off and fit the cf ons in their place. Getting the old ones off and putting the news ones on was pretty easy, even for me with my lack of patience and mechanical skills. The caps fit really well, but you have to glue them in place. It took about 40 minutes to fit both and another 40 minutes to clean all the epoxy glue off where it shouldn’t have gone.

The v grille cover, on the other hand, is from eBay, fits really badly and doesn’t look great next to the real OEM cf and the Koshi wing mirrors. Think I might be replacing it with the real thing.

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
I returned a genuine CF from ebay sold by UK carbon as the fit was mediocre with silver from the OEM V showing at the top and the carbon colour was a bit different colour to the other carbon OEM pieces.

Reactions: matty74

·
Registered
446 Posts
The mirror caps are proper carbon fibre from Koshi. You take the original colour coded caps off and fit the cf ons in their place. Getting the old ones off and putting the news ones on was pretty easy, even for me with my lack of patience and mechanical skills. The caps fit really well, but you have to glue them in place. It took about 40 minutes to fit both and another 40 minutes to clean all the epoxy glue off where it shouldn’t have gone.

The v grille cover, on the other hand, is from eBay, fits really badly and doesn’t look great next to the real OEM cf and the Koshi wing mirrors. Think I might be replacing it with the real thing.
The problem with a genuine Alfa one is you need to remove bumper to fit the whole new grille. I have a genuine carbon one made by Koshi. I imagine it is the same carbon that your wing mirrors are made of, but it just sticks on top of the original one. Looks good but without the hassle of removing the bumper.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I think I might go for the Koshi one to replace the poorly fitting Chinese tat I've fitted to mine. Did you glue or tape it on Mike? If you taped, what tape did you use?

·
Registered
446 Posts
I use glue to get a tighter fit. Copied the autofanatic technique and put some masking tape over it, the cable tied it in place for the glue to set. I must have used the wrong type of glue as it has come away slightly one one side. Probably wouldn't even notice it unless specifically looking at it though.
I have used some 3M double sided tape for other things around the house though, and am impressed by how strong it is. I suspect this would have done the job nicely if I used it. And it is probably thin enough to get a good fit so you can't see the edges of the original V.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I used the Autofanatic technique on the cheap Chinese version I had. Cable tied it on securely after carefully cleaning the existing V and left it overnight. Took the ties and tape off next morning and it just sprang off on one side because it fits so badly! Just trying to build up the enthusiasm to spend £260 (inc postage) on the Koshi one and then try again with glue. I can recommend JB Weld Plastic Bonder.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I used the Autofanatic technique on the cheap Chinese version I had. Cable tied it on securely after carefully cleaning the existing V and left it overnight. Took the ties and tape off next morning and it just sprang off on one side because it fits so badly! Just trying to build up the enthusiasm to spend £260 (inc postage) on the Koshi one and then try again with glue. I can recommend JB Weld Plastic Bonder.
Thanks for the tip about JB weld plastic.

However, don't forget that TMC Motorsport prices are excluding VAT. I was get caught out on this website.
The carbon V is shown as £245.99 plus VAT, plus £15 shipping make is £310 (or £313 if VAT is not already included with shippping).

Reactions: Hamfisti

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
I know TMC need to start listing with VAT included as well as non VAT. It lulls you into thinking the items are cheap(er). I am yet to build the enthusiasm to purchase the Koshi carbon V. Someday soon....

·
Registered
124 Posts
Small 2 mods today.

1) replaced OEM air filter with the BMC aftermarket one. Nice little raspy "undergrowl" as I like to describe it.

2) Alfa script logo lights added to the rear doors. (thanks @MikeFish for the ebayURL)

Attachments

881 - 900 of 948 Posts