Alfa Romeo Forum banner

861 - 880 of 899 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
I’ve just bought some of the 110 anniversary decals from u-stick via eBay. Mine are black on comp red. They look really good quality. Not fitted yet, but will photo once done.
I have been thinking about these ever since I got the QF. Haven't managed to find good quality ones yet. I am looking for ones that are just the outline, like a decal transfer sticker rather. Are yours a transfer sticker?

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have been thinking about these ever since I got the QF. Haven't managed to find good quality ones yet. I am looking for ones that are just the outline, like a decal transfer sticker rather. Are yours a transfer sticker?
I bought some of those from the same seller. Mine are in the Red White and Green Italian flag colours and go inside the window. Still waiting for delivery.

The White ones in my earlier pic also from the same seller ustick are good quality.
if by outline only MG you mean they have a peelable backing both front and back so once on an outside surface only the design outline is left then these are precisely that.

Reactions: metalgod23

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
if by outline only MG you mean they have a peelable backing both front and back so once on an outside surface only the design outline is left then these are precisely that.
Exactly that. These are normally referred to as 'decal transfers' but the description on some of the ones I have seen seem confusing. The ustick ones appear to be transfers. Cheers.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
So the ones I bought are decals and are just the outline, rather than being on a bigger, transparent sheet. They are suitable for application to the body panels, not just to glass. Anticipated life span on an external panel is 3 years.

I got mine from Alfa Romeo 110 Year Celebration Vinyl Decals & Windows Sticker 159 147 Giulia | eBay

They come either with the words 'Alfa Romeo' under the 110 years graphic or without, in red, white or black. Jamie at U Stick was a top bloke to deal with and the decals arrived in the post the next day. Worth emailing him as I got 8 decals and only one lot of 76p postage should apply, not 8x, which is what the eBay site applies. He makes them himself and I got the 110 anniversary decals slightly larger than he is advertising. They fit on the pillar behind the rear windows perfectly.

You can also see U stick here U-STiCK

The ones on eBay linked by Nicb205 aren't quite right. If you look at the dates within the zero, they don't curve around at the correct radius, so don't fit within the zero like the official version on the GTAm. They are also a bit small.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
I got the 110 anniversary decals slightly larger than he is advertising. They fit on the pillar behind the rear windows perfectly.

.... like the official version on the GTAm. They are also a bit small.
Thanks @Hamfisti , extactly what I am after. So far I have downloaded a hi res official 110 image and have been emailing some decal makers. This will solve that trouble. Regarding the size, the ones he has listed on ebay and his website are 12 x 7 cm which actually looks bigger than the official GTAm version so if you have gone bigger what size did you get and won't it look way baigger than the GTAm ones? I too wish to fit it in the pillar behind the rear window or possibly in the rear short pane on the rear window once I decide which colour. Window needs to be white, pillar needs to be Black.

Attachments

Reactions: Nicb205

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce
94 Posts
So the ones I bought are decals and are just the outline, rather than being on a bigger, transparent sheet. They are suitable for application to the body panels, not just to glass. Anticipated life span on an external panel is 3 years.

I got mine from Alfa Romeo 110 Year Celebration Vinyl Decals & Windows Sticker 159 147 Giulia | eBay

They come either with the words 'Alfa Romeo' under the 110 years graphic or without, in red, white or black. Jamie at U Stick was a top bloke to deal with and the decals arrived in the post the next day. Worth emailing him as I got 8 decals and only one lot of 76p postage should apply, not 8x, which is what the eBay site applies. He makes them himself and I got the 110 anniversary decals slightly larger than he is advertising. They fit on the pillar behind the rear windows perfectly.

You can also see U stick here U-STiCK

The ones on eBay linked by Nicb205 aren't quite right. If you look at the dates within the zero, they don't curve around at the correct radius, so don't fit within the zero like the official version on the GTAm. They are also a bit small.
Hey,

Any pics with them on your car?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Not fitted mine yet. It has a ceramic coat and a layer of Polish Angel High Gloss, so this needs to be machine polished off before I will be able to get decals to stick. It is being fully redetailed next month, so I'll do it then.

Dry fit pictures attached. The 110 anniversary decal is 150 x 90mm and the Biscione is 120 x 70mm. Will play with exact positioning when I'm ready to fit. The 110 anniversary come in 120 x 70 as well. This would be closer to the GTAm, but black on comp red doesn't show up that well and if you're going to do it..........

·
Registered
94 Posts
Not fitted mine yet. It has a ceramic coat and a layer of Polish Angel High Gloss, so this needs to be machine polished off before I will be able to get decals to stick. It is being fully redetailed next month, so I'll do it then.

Dry fit pictures attached. The 110 anniversary decal is 150 x 90mm and the Biscione is 120 x 70mm. Will play with exact positioning when I'm ready to fit. The 110 anniversary come in 120 x 70 as well. This would be closer to the GTAm, but black on comp red doesn't show up that well and if you're going to do it..........

View attachment 941902

View attachment 941903
I think the 110 logo looks better in that space as its more, kind of, flowing left to right along with the lines of the car if that makes sense.

Very cheap mod. Maybe one to had to the list. But how about removal? Heat gun and peel off? Simple as that I wonder...

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Yep - heat gun. Although I assume injudicious use of a jet washer would eventually result in the same outcome.

I agree that the landscape format of the 110 logo 'fits' better than the portrait Biscione. I bought 4 of each so I have replacements if things go wrong.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hi all,

The ones from U-STiCK.NET are made and sold by me. Happy to see some of them out and about in the Alfa community.

I'm happy to do custom sizes for people, but wouldn't like to go smaller than the 120mm width due to the date font. In fact you'll notice this is a little bigger in scale to the rest of the decal on the original Alfa design. It's just too difficult and time consuming to create it so small.

If you order via my website it's a flat £1 postage and slightly cheaper prices than my ebay items due to fees.

If there are any custom design requirements, I'll be glad to work with people to produce more top quality vinyl products.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Hi all,

The ones from U-STiCK.NET are made and sold by me. Happy to see some of them out and about in the Alfa community.

I'm happy to do custom sizes for people, but wouldn't like to go smaller than the 120mm width due to the date font. In fact you'll notice this is a little bigger in scale to the rest of the decal on the original Alfa design. It's just too difficult and time consuming to create it so small.

If you order via my website it's a flat £1 postage and slightly cheaper prices than my ebay items due to fees.

If there are any custom design requirements, I'll be glad to work with people to produce more top quality vinyl products.

Cheers.
Very nice. Thanks for letting us know the background info. I will be ordering some soon once I decide on the colour as well as some custom ones. Cheers (y)

Reactions: Mr Flibble

·
Registered
485 Posts
Today had a door lock issue sorted and some new gratis number plates fitted by the dealer.

Have a load of bits and bobs on the way for the interior and exterior will post some pictures as and when they arrive...

·
Registered
94 Posts
So exhaust work, well phase 1, completed today. The back box was removed. Overall much better sounds, slight boom around 1500 rpm but very very brief. Not sure of the car tech terms to describe it, but the deep growl is now present but lacking some mids, if that makes sense. As said it's only stage 1,going to see how I get on over the next two months and if stage 2 is needed, then I will venture down adding a cat back. But for now I am happy with the sound. I'll do some sounds clips tomorrow.

Ps the cold start is nowhere near as loud (a good thing) as I thought it would be after seeing some vids on the Internet.

·
Registered
94 Posts
So I fitted the black giulia badge today which apparently is OEM but, I have had to remove it as 3m pads were too thick/big and showing.

I've taken them off now and need to go about scrubbing off the remaining adhesive.

The question is how to stick them back on and with what?

Additionally, I replaced the front and rear badges with monochrome ones which stick over the top.

Attachments

·
Registered
502 Posts
I would. 😁But....🤐
Agreed!

Finally stuck mine on and looks not too bad as long as you don't look too closely.
Clearly not real CF but looks better than stock I think.

The 3M tape on the inside was crap so I assisted it with some glue & a couple of small black cable ties near the top of the 2 arms of the V just to make sure it doesn't drop off!

IMAG0413.jpg

Reactions: matty74

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Think I may remove the 3M tape and fix with JB Plastic Weld.

The obvious way to determine real vs fake cf v grilles is that the weave on real ones tend to be symmetrical - the weave slopes downward from the outer edge to inner, whereas the fake ones tend to have the weave all in the same direction.

861 - 880 of 899 Posts