Alfa Romeo Forum banner

841 - 860 of 899 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Cybrnite Is your grille cover faux carbon or the real thing?

thinking of doing the badge and little bit of carbon style (Front and mirrors) but not sure about it on an Alfa black car..

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce
94 Posts
Black giulia badge has arrived which on opening is a matt finish, as I want a gloss finish I have decided to venture into the world of plastidip.

Any tips from anyone who has done this before?

But it also got me thinking about the alfa logo badges on the front and rear.

Has anyone fitted anything similar to the below? They are not stick on. Are the front and back ones easy to unclip?

More importantly opinions on appearance will be useful. Not trying to change the car too much, but subtlety something a little different is my approach.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
@nillm8tic I have tried Plastidip before. Best tip I can give you is, LESS IS MORE. A few light coats and build up a few layers once each coat cures. Otherwise it will not finish properly. Very easy to get carried away. Not a fan of that Red Alfa Badge but it is personal taste. The factory badges will be fixed with adhesive and will need to be cut out destroying them. @MikeFish fitted some black ones IIRC.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thanks MG. I saw the red badges on a black alfa and I didn't like it. But I have seen another set which are just monochrome and I do quite like that look. But if they need cutting out I will give it a miss.

Thanks for the tips about plasti dip. I'm certainly not going to rush this one and will keep what you said to mind.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks MG. I saw the red badges on a black alfa and I didn't like it. But I have seen another set which are just monochrome and I do quite like that look. But if they need cutting out I will give it a miss.

Thanks for the tips about plasti dip. I'm certainly not going to rush this one and will keep what you said to mind.
the monochrome ones stick over the original badges if the ones your getting are off ebay. I've got them on my quad and they look good

·
Registered
446 Posts
@R159 @nillm8tic

Real carbon V cover (original one still underneath).
Carbon badge surround
Monochrome front and rear badges - I wanted proper replacement ones but all I could find is stick-on ones from ebay.
Carbon mirrors - genuine Alfa

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm really really liking that. The monochrome badges look fantastic IMHO with the colour of your car creating that nice aggressive moody look.

Any issues with the stickers peeling or becoming undone? Do they fit true over the existing badge?

By any chance do you remeber the seller or item numbers?

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'm really really liking that. The monochrome badges look fantastic IMHO with the colour of your car creating that nice aggressive moody look.

Any issues with the stickers peeling or becoming undone? Do they fit true over the existing badge?

By any chance do you remeber the seller or item numbers?
They're not really stickers, more like a thin mettalic cover. So far so good. I fitted them over a year ago. I'm sorry I don't recall the seller but I'll look through my eBay purchases to see if it will tell me.

And at least all the Alfa badges now match as the wheels and steering wheel badges came as monochrome from the factory.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Where did you done remap ? What are numbers before and after if you went on dyno ?
original is 150 HP, now it's by my butt dyno twlls me around 230 HP and 500 Nm

I went to a guy here in Croatia, Zagreb.

I am satisfied how the car drives now :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Cybrnite Is your grille cover faux carbon or the real thing?

thinking of doing the badge and little bit of carbon style (Front and mirrors) but not sure about it on an Alfa black car..
Sorry for late reply - it's faux; but you'd never tell :)

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I'm kinda thinking about that 110 decal. I love the design.
Maybe white on the back quarter Windows or black on dark blue/grey (lipari) on the C pillar

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I’ve just bought some of the 110 anniversary decals from u-stick via eBay. Mine are black on comp red. They look really good quality. Not fitted yet, but will photo once done.

841 - 860 of 899 Posts