Alfa Romeo Forum banner

821 - 840 of 899 Posts

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
I fitted the rear mud flaps Got genuine Alfa Giulia ones off Partsworld’s shop for about £40. They are even cheaper now, £26.99.
30 mins is about right, you do need to drill a couple of holes For screws so be prepared for that, but obviously, the mud flaps hide them. There’s also a couple of clips.
On the plus side, they have definitely made a difference in reducing the muck that collects on the rear quarters.

·
Administrator
87,500 Posts
Voting now open for the previous entries August 2020 AO Detailing Competition Vote

Vote for whoever you think deserves to win (y)

September Detailing competition now open for entries September 2020 Detailing Competition Entries

Don't let the title put you off, it doesn't have to be a full detail, a wash & a clean will do, if the car looks good take some pics & submit them, please include some info on what you have done to the car (y)

Check out the updated rules here Monthly Detailing Competition Rules

·
Registered
485 Posts
Had the alarm sensitivity turned down, now waiting to find out how long it will be for a bit to turn up to rectify a fault.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce
94 Posts
So today I put my private plate on the car along with number plate surrounds. I was sceptical when I ordered, as I usually go for plain gloss black surrounds and gloss black pressed plates. But I threw caution away and walked on the wild side :ROFLMAO:.

When I removed the front mounting plate I was wondering how am I going to plug that large hole up, but bells rang, and I remebered a strange circular red disc in the glove when I purchased the car.

So far I feel it is a nice subtle touch however, the front parking sensor is complaining and constantly on but I am failing to see what could be the issue. Any thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
485 Posts
Fitted red start button :) managed to put some nicks in the aluminium surround even with putting tape over it :(

·
Registered
485 Posts
On the plate post above, either you have somehow caught a wire when fitting or the surround is too big...

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Fitted red start button :) managed to put some nicks in the aluminium surround even with putting tape over it :(
Ouch ... were you trying to remove the original button top in-situ?

You could always buy the complete red button assembly, whip off the wheel and replace if it bothers you enough though.

Just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
485 Posts
I probably will do the full swap

On another note had a screw removed from a rear tyre and repaired. F my luck as a work colleague who also lives near me has had the same thing last week...

At least I know the tyre pressure alarm works

·
Registered
94 Posts
On the plate post above, either you have somehow caught a wire when fitting or the surround is too big...
Resolved the issue today. The right hand side of the plate was protruding a bit too much for the sensor's liking. Put another screw into an existing hole so the number plate sits closer to the body of the car.

On to the next mod now. Another subtle one but time to exchange the badges for black ones. Any recommendations on where to buy would be useful and appreciated...

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Resolved the issue today. The right hand side of the plate was protruding a bit too much for the sensor's liking. Put another screw into an existing hole so the number plate sits closer to the body of the car.

On to the next mod now. Another subtle one but time to exchange the badges for black ones. Any recommendations on where to buy would be useful and appreciated...
Alfaworkshop

Shaun will have to order them in but I got 2 x Black Veloce and the Rear Black Giulia badges for a shade over £60

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
647 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thanks for that, just ordered it. The black veloce badges are much more expensive at £45 from parts world in ebay. Any alternative supplier at a cheaper price anyone knows of?

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
821 - 840 of 899 Posts