Alfa Romeo Forum banner

781 - 794 of 794 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
progressive springs are only for lighter Giulias with manual gearbox. version offered for AT8 (and AT8+Q4) is linear. note that Eibach does not offer springs for Giulias equipped with active dampers.
Realy ? I tought that same springs could be used as on alfisti shop is stated that eibachs will fit all versions except QV. What are the options then for us with active dampers. I was actually looking for KW DDC but it is still not available for any model except QV.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Maybe best contact spring manufactuers, and/or browse for their homologation certificates or at least guides/compatibility matrixes on their websites (not on shops where information may be corrupted/not complete/inaccurate) - go to source

·
Registered
19 Posts
Replaced rear pads & discs. Not happy!

3rd service done at Beechdale Derby and they advised rear pads worn to 2mm on the inside and inner disc corroded, marked as red on service sheet. I ordered parts from auto doc (Zimmerman) and found pads had plenty of life left, 6mm inner and 8mm outer. Inner disc face was corroded but serviceable and should be fine until pads worn out.

honestly. If I’d known this I wouldn’t have done the job yet.

·
Premium Member
2,935 Posts
You should challenge them and ask for an explanation @kco7zrv

·
Registered
19 Posts
You should challenge them and ask for an explanation @kco7zrv
I will be! Brake work is bread and butter for dealers and it may be new technician who is looking for some nice bonus work. Least I can do is feedback.

They quoted £320. Got the parts from autodoc for £138 (Veloce)

·
Administrator
87,307 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
So, after spending months deciding what ceramic protection to go for and whether to actually attempt it myself I went for it this week and applied Carpro’s CQuartz UK 3.0 edition.
Have to say I’m very impressed with the results but just as impressed with how easy it was to apply. I was worried about ‘flash times’ and ‘high spots’ but I didn’t have any bother whatsoever. I also had a lucky break with the weather, I was unable to leave the vehicle garaged (due to wife’s clutter/hoarding) so had arranged to leave it in a secure multi story car park in Liverpool city centre overnight, used by a local Hilton hotel. (I must be mad)
Anyway, temperature never dropped below 18 degrees all night so I was lucky, no moisture or dew to worry about on the car and it looked brilliant the morning after. It’s had nearly 72 hours of cure time with no moisture at all on it and I am very impressed.
As MG alluded to in an earlier post after he had prepped, 1 stage correction & ceramic coated his Quad, my body was aching for a good couple of days afterwards after putting in some hours with the DA polisher and buffing etc but it’s been worth the pain 😂.
Glad I won’t need to do it again though for a good while.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
So, after spending months deciding what ceramic protection to go for and whether to actually attempt it myself I went for it this week and applied Carpro’s CQuartz UK 3.0 edition.
Have to say I’m very impressed with the results but just as impressed with how easy it was to apply. I was worried about ‘flash times’ and ‘high spots’ but I didn’t have any bother whatsoever. I also had a lucky break with the weather, I was unable to leave the vehicle garaged (due to wife’s clutter/hoarding) so had arranged to leave it in a secure multi story car park in Liverpool city centre overnight, used by a local Hilton hotel. (I must be mad)
Anyway, temperature never dropped below 18 degrees all night so I was lucky, no moisture or dew to worry about on the car and it looked brilliant the morning after. It’s had nearly 72 hours of cure time with no moisture at all on it and I am very impressed.
As MG alluded to in an earlier post after he had prepped, 1 stage correction & ceramic coated his Quad, my body was aching for a good couple of days afterwards after putting in some hours with the DA polisher and buffing etc but it’s been worth the pain .
Looks great. Mine has the same on and I regularly top up with Reload as well as in between with CarPro Hydro2 Lite. Shampoo with CarPro Reset too. All great products.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,935 Posts
Reactions: paultrim

·
Premium Member
2,935 Posts
Cheers MG, after looking at your stella efforts on your new Quad, it pushed me to go for the ceramic coating. 😂 Super pleased with the results but I won’t be doing it again now until there’s a Quadrafoglio on the drive 😂😁 I’m shattered!
Haha. But it's worth it like you say. It looks great and will be much easier to clean. (y) (y) ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
As MG alluded to in an earlier post after he had prepped, 1 stage correction & ceramic coated his Quad, my body was aching for a good couple of days afterwards after putting in some hours with the DA polisher and buffing etc but it’s been worth the pain 😂.
I’ve never done a Ceramic coat in my life but you sir have inspired me!

yours looks fantastic!

·
Premium Member
2,935 Posts
I bought Shinemate ero 600 from cleanyourcar. They have lots of tips and reviews. Another great detailing site is Ultimate finish. Cost about £100 for the DA and it comes with a white light cut/finishing waffle pad and a 5.5" backing plate. This is good enough for single stage polishing but I did buy a Hexlogic white and green pad and used the white one only. Green is a bigger cut and good for 2 stage but my paint did not need it. Menzerna 3800 is a great finishing polish. The small 100 mile bottle should be plenty ten fold. Costs about £15.

Coatings costs anywhere from £25 to £100. I went for Gyeon Cancoat. I think the Carpro is more user friendly. All similar price. All together you are looking at £200 but plenty of elbow grease ;)

My work is on the other thread and the monthly, July detailing competition voting entry if you want to see the finish.

781 - 794 of 794 Posts