Alfa Romeo Forum banner

741 - 760 of 794 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Nice, the black badges definately suit the car, was the boot spoiler easy to fit and were did you get it from.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Nice, the black badges definately suit the car, was the boot spoiler easy to fit and were did you get it from.
Thanks (y)
Got it from Amazon around a year ago - easy to fit as long as you get the alignment right
There's quite a few threads on the forum that discuss the CF Spoiler - here's one: Rear spoiler or not hope that helps :)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
New OEM Nero Edizione black exhaust tips fitted, look nice alongside already fitted OEM black Giulia and Veloce badges

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Nice did you remove the honeycomb trim or gain access from underneath for the tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Nice did you remove the honeycomb trim or gain access from underneath for the tips.

Well, I had planned on doing myself as just need to get undertray off really but it was in for its 2nd service last week so had them do it whilst up on ramps. It was up on ramps because the rear discs were badly scored and they needed to replace them and pads anyway. 2 birds.....and all that

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
212 Posts
Well, I had planned on doing myself as just need to get undertray off really but it was in for its 2nd service last week so had them do it whilst up on ramps. It was up on ramps because the rear discs were badly scored and they needed to replace them and pads anyway. 2 birds.....and all that
Nice! Do mind advising where you got them? :)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,935 Posts
I can vouch for Squadra Sportiva and their Alfisti.shop

Reactions: MattMatt1

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
small update from me, my exhaust tips were changed to 9cm (exhaust guys invention was 10cm diameter against my definite no for such), it looks finally how I wanted, not excessive (IMHO), and bigger vertical offset within a pair.

·
Registered
Giulia Veloce 17/18
31 Posts
Went to put on my new private reg which I've shortened. Had my doubts when I seen the original black backing plate, then taking it off to reveal the horrendous bullet holes. Why do they need so many screws for a plastic number plate.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,935 Posts
Went to put on my new private reg which I've shortened. Had my doubts when I seen the original black backing plate, then taking it off to reveal the horrendous bullet holes. Why do they need so many screws for a plastic number plate.

Because they are a bunch of idiots who have no mechanical sympathy! To be fair all Giulias with the plate plinth are exactly the same. 4 screws for the plinth, then 2 screws to fix the plate to the plinth, the plate screw on the outer side is usually too long and makes another hole in the bumper when it goes through the plinth leaving you 5 holes in the bumper.
Just today I took my plinth off to check. I am planning on getting the holes filled and painted so that when my private plate gets transferred I can mount or stick a shorter plate directly.

20200622_133216.jpg

Reactions: JoshMurphy

·
Registered
Giulia Veloce 17/18
31 Posts
Because they are a bunch of idiots who have no mechanical sympathy! To be fair all Giulias with the plate plinth are exactly the same. 4 screws for the plinth, then 2 screws to fix the plate to the plinth, the plate screw on the outer side is usually too long and makes another hole in the bumper when it goes through the plinth leaving you 5 holes in the bumper.
Just today I took my plinth off to check. I am planning on getting the holes filled and painted so that when my private plate gets transferred I can mount or stick a shorter plate directly.

View attachment 938039
Yeah totally agree. How big of a job is it to fill the holes? I've ordered a full sized plate for the front. Thankfully the rear only have 3 holes in the middle. I'm planning sticking both of them on. Why didn't they consider number plate tape!

·
Premium Member
2,935 Posts
Yeah totally agree. How big of a job is it to fill the holes? I've ordered a full sized plate for the front. Thankfully the rear only have 3 holes in the middle. I'm planning sticking both of them on. Why didn't they consider number plate tape!

It is a body shop job..they have quoted me £144 for filling and paint matching. I am still mulling it over.

·
Premium Member
2,935 Posts
Yes. I know them well so maybe they gave me a good price. They had a Lambo being done while I went there.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
small update from me, my exhaust tips were changed to 9cm (exhaust guys invention was 10cm diameter against my definite no for such), it looks finally how I wanted, not excessive (IMHO), and bigger vertical offset within a pair.
View attachment 938035
Do you have a link to the tips ... I like the look of that

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Do you have a link to the tips ... I like the look of that
It is at the moment at prototype stage, final version will be available but sometime later (do not know when), surelly I need one more visit, as last time they took final measurements, and only in some time they will have ready exhaust pipe splitter so all tips smoke (currently outer only), so one more visit there is required. The company is Ulter Sport (Tłumiki Sportowe Ulter - Ulter Sport) I'm not sure if they have some UK distributors or sell directly (I know they sell a lot into Italy and Germany - they have really good value Giulia/Stelvio valved exhaust)

741 - 760 of 794 Posts