Alfa Romeo Forum banner

661 - 680 of 681 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Is the extra button off the stelvio? Hill decent or something
Yes. Hill descent that's it! From Stelvio Qf. Present but inoperative. Even lights up I think, will have to check in the dark tonight. Both Cruise and ACC+ will need enabling using MES so until then cruise control does not work. Not an issue as I rarely use cruise. But ACC + I just might more often.

All you need is a 24 mm socket for the holding nut, a flat bladed screwdriver to pop the airbag out through spring clip via the hole at the bottom of the steering and remove 3 connectors. Easy once you know how.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Great job Metalgod and so much confidence!
And that me scared about changing the Stop/Start button to a red QV button...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha ha. Either confidence or foolishness as I would have been stranded at the hockey club looking like a muppet without steering if it had gone wrong. Its fairly simple though. The look on my son's face when he got in was worth the effort.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Changed the rear single outlet standard back box for a Remus axle back box this weekend adding the twin outlet diffuser from Partsworld. I searched the whole www.interwebb trying to find information about changing the diffuser without removing the whole bumper, found diddly squat. Well I can tell you now, it IS possible! Its a bit crazy, but the whole job is made difficult and the reason for the official need to remove the bumper, because of two small screws 4mm long which hold the reflectors onto the diffuser, you have to remove the reflectors to get at the only screws which hold the diffuser on. Because where those screws are it is impossible to get to them with a screwdriver. There is just enough room though to get in with an electric file to grind the heads off, in fact the heat made the plastic of the old diffuser go soft and they just pulled through! But if you dont have an electric file, I reckon two new reflectors would inexpensive and be the way to go, just break off the old ones. Needless to say when I reassembled the screws did not go back, although the clips seemed secure enough I used some Evo Stick 'Sticks like S**t' to make sure. The rest of the removal process is straight forward and should be no problem for anyone with the ability to tackle the job in the first place.

Observations, after three years there was quite a lot of road muck up under the undertray, but none anywhere likely to cause corrosion (think 159 front undetray). It looked like there is no middle box on my Giulia, which puzzled me.

I have not taken the car for a drive yet, that will be tomorrow, but from warm up, the sound from the Remus I would say is quite subtle, no, its quiet, no where near as sporty as would have expected. But lets wait 'till I get it on the road and see then.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Nice one TD. I should have told you about the reflector screws. The sound at start is subtle but with time and carbon deposition the sound will change. It's when you get on throttle hard you feel the difference. For the cost of around £500 I think this is a good compromise. Best sounding exhaustbis probably Supersprint but that is 3 times the price without 3 times the sound.

The pre Euro6d WLTP 2.0 do not have a middle silencer, just a front resonator. Post Euro6d do not have a resonator either as they have a GPF.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
I should have also said that the heat shield under the battery seems an expensive waste of time, 46 quid for a bacofoil tray that is nowhere near the exhaust pipe!

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I should have also said that the heat shield under the battery seems an expensive waste of time, 46 quid for a bacofoil tray that is nowhere near the exhaust pipe!
You are right. The shield is probably relevant to the Qf where there is significant heat from the exhaust. By the way did Remus supply steel extensions to the outlet pipe as originally they were a bit short, well inside the fake tips to allow for the optional Carbon fibre tip extensions? Without the extensions you will get some sound bouncing under the chassis. I had the exhaust shop tack on a couple of extensions, but I think they now supply these or send them if requested.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
You are right. The shield is probably relevant to the Qf where there is significant heat from the exhaust. By the way did Remus supply steel extensions to the outlet pipe as originally they were a bit short, well inside the fake tips to allow for the optional Carbon fibre tip extensions? Without the extensions you will get some sound bouncing under the chassis. I had the exhaust shop tack on a couple of extensions, but I think they now supply these or send them if requested.
Right I did wonder about the short tips, thinking it was as designed didnt think any further. I might just give them a shout. It so happens, today was my first drive (to work) and the exhaust sound inside the car is very reminiscent of my old Brera S.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Right I did wonder about the short tips, thinking it was as designed didnt think any further. I might just give them a shout. It so happens, today was my first drive (to work) and the exhaust sound inside the car is very reminiscent of my old Brera S.
So looks like they are not sending the extensions by default. Give them a call. Without the extensions which are bolt on , you will get some resonance under the bumper.

So do you like the sound or is it still under probation?

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
I loved my Brera and to have that familiar sound back is nice.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I finished work late last night. But knew there would be one think to look for: empty roads...
Got into my car. Radio on. Smooth drive... until the engine got into the right temperature.
Moved to D mode.
Shifted to semi automatic mode.
Hands caressing the paddle swifts.
Then I killed the radio.

What. A.Lovely. 20.Minutes. It was...

Love that car!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I don’t know if it’s just a placebo but is it me, or does it sound better in D? My Giulietta was pretty similar come to think of it. I guess it could also because it revs that bit more?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I parked in the shade. Turbo wouldn't be getting optimal performance.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Blimey

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Took mine in to have the upgraded scuttle panel & replacement GPS antennae fitted. All sorted & T J Vickers have done a cracking job of looking after the inside of the car - far too easy to mark the headlining when you're taking that out.

·
Administrator
86,488 Posts
Voting now open for the previous entries December 2019 AO Detailing Competition Vote

Vote for whoever you think deserves to win :thumbs:

January Detailing competition now open for entries January 2020 Detailing Competition Entries

Don't let the title put you off, it doesn't have to be a full detail, a wash & a clean will do, if the car looks good take some pics & submit them, please include some info on what you have done to the car :thumbs:

Check out the updated rules here Monthly Detailing Competition Rules

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Managed to get a set of 18s for my Giulia - looks so much better on 18s than on 17s....

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Early Christmas treat for my G (well myself) :) Managed to get an original new carbon alcantara steering wheel for a very good price from Germany that I could not refuse.

Fitted it just now in 10 mins while waiting for my son playing hockey. Could not wait. ;)

It has the adaptive cruise button which I plan on enabling with MES maybe later if I am inclined. It also has the incline button from the Stelvio which I am not sure what it does. These two buttons are inoperative but there are no errors. All the controls work perfectly. I did not bother disconnecting the battery, just let the ignition off for 10 mins before popping out the airbag and removing the connectors.

In terms of quality, the leather is premium one the same as the leather dash found on options. Also the top area behind the airbag is soft touch. View attachment 930796 View attachment 930797 View attachment 930798 View attachment 930799
Managed to enable ACC+ using MES 4.5 Multiplex tonight using the guides on Giuliaforums US site. Now I have a functional button for cruise and adaptive distance setting. To anyone who has ACC+ how does the second distance bar button work in the real world and which setting is the best? Is there a minimum speed for it to work?

20200114_204459.jpg

·
Administrator
86,488 Posts
661 - 680 of 681 Posts