Alfa Romeo Forum banner

641 - 660 of 681 Posts

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Just ordered a twin exhaust diffuser and Remus axle back box benefiting from black Friday deals. So thats £112.5 for the diffuser and £409 for the back box!! I'll have a enough budget to pay to get them fitted.

Many many thanks to Metalgod for his help on this, I have drawn on his experience in doing the same upgrade to his Super.

·
Administrator
86,488 Posts
Voting now open for the previous entries https://www.alfaowner.com/threads/🏆-november-2019-ao-detailing-competition-vote-🏆.1188175/

Vote for whoever you think deserves to win.

December Detailing competition now open for entries https://www.alfaowner.com/threads/december-2019-detailing-competition-entries.1188176/

Don't let the title put you off, it doesn't have to be a full detail, a wash & a clean will do, if the car looks good take some pics & submit them, please include some info on what you have done to the car.

Check out the updated rules here https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/car-detailing/745785-monthly-detailing-competition-rules.html

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Washing you car at just 9 years old??…..if he lived in China he'd be building them by now!!!

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Washing you car at just 9 years old??…..if he lived in China he'd be building them by now!!!
May be it is not PC but doing chores never did me any harm growing up. With my boy I have to try hard to stop him from helping especially as he is passionate about proper cars. His current favourite is a 488 Pista.

@cue2 , never use a sponge, microfiber mitten. He never gets to do anything beyond wielding the lance. I have trained him. It is the wife I can't! She thinks I am OCD. I disagree, I am Very Very OCD.

·
Registered
32,787 Posts
I don’t actually have a sponge myself. Mitt for me and several Swissvax products..
My wife works in mental health so knows the definition of ODC; she just says why don’t I take as much care of myself as I do with the cars. ( I clayed her IQ and polished it right up to Extra Gloss Protection level.)

·
Registered
344 Posts
My son has always helped me with the hose whenever is was around. Now a teenager, not much has changed apart from the fact that he has the hose in one hand and another hand in his pocket looking bored or on his phone not looking where he is watering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Also had a little chat with a nice chap in Chorley who admiringly watched me park up (not for my epic parking skills unfortunately) but to admire my car and ask me what it was like as he was thinking of buying one...a glowing review followed ofcourse!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Nobody hurt?
Just the other driver, but I dont really have much sympathy for him, hes still in hospital with a broken sternum, it was my wife driving and thankfully hes hit the car over the back wheel and not at the doors where I think my wife could have seen a lot worse than just a bit of whiplash, and even more thankful that my kids weren't in the car at all.
I'm quite impressed how well the cat stood up to it all, my wife couldn't get out the drivers door at the time and had to come out the passenger side, as the back door had folded over the front a wee bit, but the back door opened fine from inside and once that was open the front opened fine. The only problem she had was that she couldn't turn the ignition or hazards ( or brakes even ) so when she tried to phone for help the phone connected to the car and no one could hear anything, she was panicking to much to turn her bluetooth off. All in all no qualms about replacing it with another.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Ouch. As Cue said, hope all are OK. I managed to drag my front bumper over a low wall a couple of days ago. I'm gutted but your loss puts this in context. Hope you're covered for a replacement!
Unfortunately I never had gap, I knew I would always owe less on the car than what it was worth as I put up a decent deposit to buy it but never really thought about having to replace it, but nothing I can do about that now, just need to argue about price with the insurance now.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Sad to hear about the car but glad that all are ok. I can understand it can be panicky when these things happen, my other half would have been hysterical!

Hope you get a replacement sorted soon.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I echo the sentiments from MG ... hope all is ok and other parties insurance does the right thing

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Early Christmas treat for my G (well myself) :) Managed to get an original new carbon alcantara steering wheel for a very good price from Germany that I could not refuse.

Fitted it just now in 10 mins while waiting for my son playing hockey. Could not wait. ;)

It has the adaptive cruise button which I plan on enabling with MES maybe later if I am inclined. It also has the incline button from the Stelvio which I am not sure what it does. These two buttons are inoperative but there are no errors. All the controls work perfectly. I did not bother disconnecting the battery, just let the ignition off for 10 mins before popping out the airbag and removing the connectors.

In terms of quality, the leather is premium one the same as the leather dash found on options. Also the top area behind the airbag is soft touch.
20191215_105706.jpg
20191215_105743.jpg
20191215_105833.jpg
20191215_105901.jpg

·
Registered
344 Posts
Great job Metalgod and so much confidence!
And that me scared about changing the Stop/Start button to a red QV button...

641 - 660 of 681 Posts