Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,518 Posts
Fitted my C-Tek pigtails and battery monitor to my new Giulia. Much more of a faff than fitting them to a Stelvio!

Changed the floor mats for OEM rubber ones for the winter, very sturdy and classy (for rubber mats :))

Also fitted an OEM rear seat protector to protect the alcantara seats from my Min Pin. Not very stylish but it does the job!

OEM Boot mat (very expensive for what feels like a lightweight piece of polystyrene but it fits well) as well as the flip over from the boot bumper protector from my sold Stelvio, which to my surprise fits perfectly.

The Mopar Black Friday week fell at exactly the right time :D

· Registered
2,518 Posts
Took it for it’s first early morning run on clear roads so I could drive it properly. Picked it up last Friday and had frustratingly only driven on the traffic heavy South East roads. Coming from a Stelvio Veloce, which I loved, and never having driven a Giulia until last week, it’s a bit of a revelation how confidence inspiring the handling is. It’s a brand new car so I am being sensible with revs for a while. I am going to love this car (y)

Looking forward to driving it on the vastly better French roads in the spring

· Registered
2,518 Posts
Got up early and karchered it and then took it for a fun run on the clearish roads. Waste of time cleaning it, it’s now filthy again :oops:

Used snow foam for the first time, quite impressed with how much crap it removes though.

· Registered
2,518 Posts
What snow foam do you use?
Not cleaned mine for 3 weeks, the longest it has ever gone without a wash.
Looks OK from a distance but the back of the car where the low pressure area is is minging.
It will get done next week even on Christmas day if weather dictates.
I was a virgin on this but from some research this seemed the most highly recommended. It’s a bit of a faff working out the amount to use but it seems to have done a pretty good job, with no hand washing of the car. I will be getting it ceramic coated in the spring so am trying to avoid swirls and scratches, touchless washing seems the best way to achieve this! I also didn’t fancy hand washing it in the cold weather this morning either!

Bilt Hamber TOUCH-LESS Car Snow Foam Pre Wash Pre Cleaner 5 Litre

· Registered
2,518 Posts
I have used the AG Snow Foam now for almost five years, its good stuff but it really does depend on the power washer and lance to get the best application of a snow foam solution. It's worth investing in a good, reputible snow foam lance if you can afford to.
Using a Karcher K5 compact and bought a Karcher snow foam lance, seems to be OK but have only used it the once.

· Registered
2,518 Posts
Kerbed a rear alloy going through a ridiculously narrow bit of road, on a route I’d never taken before, with high kerbstones on both sides. Angry doesn’t cover it. However I knew I would be kerbing those sticking out QV wheels when I bought the car, in two years of driving the Stelvio I didn’t kerb a single alloy, apart from a tiny dink when I nudged a concrete bollard sticking out into the road. :mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts