Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
104 Posts
Replaced rear pads & discs. Not happy!

3rd service done at Beechdale Derby and they advised rear pads worn to 2mm on the inside and inner disc corroded, marked as red on service sheet. I ordered parts from auto doc (Zimmerman) and found pads had plenty of life left, 6mm inner and 8mm outer. Inner disc face was corroded but serviceable and should be fine until pads worn out.

honestly. If I’d known this I wouldn’t have done the job yet.

· Registered
104 Posts
So, after spending months deciding what ceramic protection to go for and whether to actually attempt it myself I went for it this week and applied Carpro’s CQuartz UK 3.0 edition.
Have to say I’m very impressed with the results but just as impressed with how easy it was to apply. I was worried about ‘flash times’ and ‘high spots’ but I didn’t have any bother whatsoever. I also had a lucky break with the weather, I was unable to leave the vehicle garaged (due to wife’s clutter/hoarding) so had arranged to leave it in a secure multi story car park in Liverpool city centre overnight, used by a local Hilton hotel. (I must be mad)
Anyway, temperature never dropped below 18 degrees all night so I was lucky, no moisture or dew to worry about on the car and it looked brilliant the morning after. It’s had nearly 72 hours of cure time with no moisture at all on it and I am very impressed.
As MG alluded to in an earlier post after he had prepped, 1 stage correction & ceramic coated his Quad, my body was aching for a good couple of days afterwards after putting in some hours with the DA polisher and buffing etc but it’s been worth the pain 😂.
Glad I won’t need to do it again though for a good while.
I’ve never done a Ceramic coat in my life but you sir have inspired me!

yours looks fantastic!

· Registered
104 Posts
My Aliexpress spoiler arrived today, £124 and ordered on the 15th May. I cant fault it, its great (y)
What timing! I’ve been mulling over the rear spoiler to do or not. Followed your update and ordered the same. £107 as there is a sale. Thanks for sharing.

· Registered
104 Posts
Looking at your ride height you look to have a MY18 or newer. You could go with MY 17 springs as they sit lower. Alternatively Eibach are tried and tested.
Re the rear discs. I replaced mine for Zimmerman and they too have started to score up/corrode. Mine sits in the week however so that will no doubt play a part in that. Love the wheels!!

· Registered
104 Posts
Today has been a mending day. Lots of things I've been meaning to do plus some I just stumbled upon once I'd started.
  • Repaired the felt liners in the front wheel arches. Both were torn and damaged.
  • Replaced two relays in the wheel arch to hopefully get rid of two recurring errors, U1008 and P2BC1.
  • Drained the wiring looms under the relays as they were absolutely sodden with water. Unbelievably wet.
  • Did a repair on the passenger side front wheel arch liner as the bracket on the bumper had snapped off so it was loose at the bottom.
  • Repaired a broken sensor wire from the front brake pad.
Hopefully the repairs will hold...:oops:
Sodden looms around the front wheel wells. Now that cost me over 2k to sort as corroded connectors caused a battery drain and the water ran into the steering rack. Seal em up nice!

· Registered
104 Posts
Which connectors were corroded? And what ended up being replaced? Getting concerned now.
I didn’t get to see the section of loom that was corroded but it was O/S/F and around £140, which suggests it’s a small section. Dealer stated they see a lot of water ingress to both front wheel well areas that cause man light and/or battery drain. Since then I give standing water a wide birth. Dealer say they seal up the connectors to avoid future issues. I do plan to get in there and ID the loom section at some point.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts