Alfa Romeo Forum banner

What have you done to your Giulia today?

251251 Views 1759 Replies 203 Participants Last post by  Deextr
?
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
2018 Alfa Giulia Veloce
283 Posts
I got the ACC switch from Shop 4 Parts.
STEERING WHEEL SWITCH PANEL
The red start button was from Autolusso.
I read up on the procedure here. Some parts of it are easy, removing the wheel is pretty straightforward. Some bits are fiddly, like getting the wheel apart and removing the original switch. Then some bits are nerve wracking, like the endless error codes, recalibration and proximity alignment. But it is all working now and I didn't need to call a garage so...

· Registered
2018 Alfa Giulia Veloce
283 Posts
Fitted some stronger boot springs and improved bump stops. No more whacks to the head on a windy day I hope!
Also, stripped, cleaned and reassembled the rear brakes after hearing some irritating squealing. :)

· Registered
2018 Alfa Giulia Veloce
283 Posts
Looks great, if you don't mind me asking where did you get that from as I like the look,of that. Very tidy....
I saw one in a new Veloce in a showroom. I bought mine from Alfaworkshop. It wasn't listed on the site but I emailed them and they gave me the parts numbers and provided them.
The part numbers are:
Boot Hook: 156129460
Screw: 11567924 (you need 2)

I assume they are available from any dealer and probably a number of places on line.

· Registered
2018 Alfa Giulia Veloce
283 Posts

It's a bit unusual, which made me hesitate to buy at first. Essentially you have to pay upfront and then they do a production run for that month. So you do pay well in advance, there was a delay on mine so it took a bit longer to arrive than it should have.

That said, you can cancel your 'contribution' at any time up until the payment is locked. That happens shortly before they ship. Once shipped from Hong Kong you get a tracking link and it arrives pretty quickly.

Really easy to set up, the app you download was great and sorted out the initial connection issue I had.

I was a little concerned that the usb socket in the centre console didn't switch off but it does, just not immediately. Takes maybe 2 mins or so, but now I'm not worrying about battery drain.

Obviously, it means your phone might go flat on a longer journey but you can always plug your phone in to charge.

· Registered
2018 Alfa Giulia Veloce
283 Posts
I have a setting in the menu that allows me to turn the feature on and off, don't all Giulias have it?
I've managed to stop Easy Entry working!! No more crushed legs for passengers. :)
Had to run a seat calibration in MES and then abort it before it finished. That's confused it enough so it won't move the seat back!
Sadly no! The earlier cars can't disable the Easy Entry. You have to have a certain version of the firmware (v9 I think) that controls the seat. I enabled the menu entry in the Infotainment using MES but the setting did nothing unfortunately.

· Registered
2018 Alfa Giulia Veloce
283 Posts
Not very exciting but had the 5th service completed (first for me) at Stoneacre Chesterfield. Good service provided by the guys there, text and email updates on progress. Following that I have cancelled the service plan that I was sold by Stoneacre when I bought the car and bought the much better value MOPAR 3yr Service Plan. Thanks to Eliza for sorting that! I will definitely use them again even though it's an hour or so away.

· Registered
2018 Alfa Giulia Veloce
283 Posts
The Stoneacre group as a whole will try and sell all sorts. I'm sure the head office / call centre will ring me as well. But the Chesterfield Alfa dealership seem really good, certainly one of the better Alfa Main Dealers.
The 3 Yr plan for my Veloce was £699 which is definitely less than the current cost of the next 3 services, never mind what they'll cost by then. You can buy the MOPAR plan online though.
I bought mine from Eliza simply because I was there at the time. Weirdly the website does ask you for mileage, but in km.
Totally agree about the breakdown cover, that's another saving.

· Registered
2018 Alfa Giulia Veloce
283 Posts
Today has been a mending day. Lots of things I've been meaning to do plus some I just stumbled upon once I'd started.
  • Repaired the felt liners in the front wheel arches. Both were torn and damaged.
  • Replaced two relays in the wheel arch to hopefully get rid of two recurring errors, U1008 and P2BC1.
  • Drained the wiring looms under the relays as they were absolutely sodden with water. Unbelievably wet.
  • Did a repair on the passenger side front wheel arch liner as the bracket on the bumper had snapped off so it was loose at the bottom.
  • Repaired a broken sensor wire from the front brake pad.
Hopefully the repairs will hold...:oops:

· Registered
2018 Alfa Giulia Veloce
283 Posts
I've added some plastic sheeting to try and stop water that splashes up getting to the loom but I'm surprised it got so wet anyway. The wheel arch liner protects it pretty well I thought. From below as well but they were soaked so it's getting there somehow.

The water seemed to have gathered in the outer wrapping of the loom where it hangs down below the relays in a loop. I think it collected in the loop, but tbh there's nothing there in terms of connectors. The relay connectors are above and shouldn't hold water. You'd think anyway... There was another connector attached to the wing, I don't know what that's for though.

· Registered
2018 Alfa Giulia Veloce
283 Posts
how did you repair it, please? Or do you mean replace with new ones? Thanks
I repaired. They're so expensive for what they are (£200+ each).

I basically pulled them back into shape. Then put some plastic honeycomb grill stuff behind to strength it, but you could glue any sort of sheet plastic there tbh. I've read about people using a paint roller tray or food packaging which they cut up. Then used a repair washer at the front to provide a bit more support. I'm going to paint the washers black and glue them in place but the felt is too wet at the mo. Need to get them dry first.
Tire Automotive tire Asphalt Tread Glove

1 - 20 of 27 Posts