·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Looks very tidy - enjoy!

Reactions: Pomeo and frosty984

·
Registered
951 Posts
O/s Lower suspension dust cover and front discs replaced. Also took opportunity to dynax ub the rusty bits

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Anyone know where I can get some of these?
They hold the chrome gutter rail on a 166 along the front screen.
I have tried to order (unsuccessfully) from EURO-FORIN
Number:60622430

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Have you tried your local Alfa-dealer?
.....no, I havn't. I can't imagine they would stock such things from 1998, I've tried the indie parts suppliers though.

Reactions: Pomeo

·
Registered
267 Posts
Changed leaking heater matrix and repaired the drowned M83.

Both jobs were a pita.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Is that the green relay box under the steering wheel?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Is that the green relay box under the steering wheel?
Well it's the green box on the transmission tunnel behind the ICS - It's called the B883 60617164 Direction Indicators Control Unit; it gets corroded/wet when the heater matrix starts to leak... I know you can jumper it to get the tell-tale arrows working again, which I was going to do, but I didn't have any small male spade connectors so decided to have a go at repairing it, given there are none for sale anywhere I could find.

I desoldered the plug and one of the pins had rusted away completely, along with part of one of the tracks on the circuit board. so had to remake the track with a bit of wire, and run a wire from the spade connector in the connector block to a suitable place on the board as well.After resoldering the connector block back on it's all working fine and should stay that way in theory. So, cost about 20p in electric and solder to fix.

Some people say to cover it in a bag to stop it getting wet, but I don't really want to wrap it in something flammable! If it did short out it would presumably just fizz a bit, but I doubt I'd have a fire on my hands!

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Swapped wheels, new front tyres (Hankook Ventus), new discs and pads all round

·
Registered
10,986 Posts
Last Sunday I took TIa to get petrol so as I could get a good few drives in her before her MOT runs out in Sept .and we are released from lock down. £95 to fill the tank and was so embarrassed as she wouldn't start as it took to long to fill her. Son came to the rescue and I jump started the car.

So today I had the 3 sorned and Tia all running at the same time and I thought good chance I could get Pomeo an MOT with no much work .Checked the lights and same lighting fauld and on checking the brake light pledal went to floor with no resistance . I then recalled this happened when I last moved her and had bought a new master cylinder as there was no fluid leak and it was a deal and was the correct one for the 2.5 ordinary.

Everything is a struggle now and now simple things are phasing me never mind the complex.

With the complexity or modern cars no wonder folk go PCP etc. and hand them back.

Pomeo

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Got mine through the NCT (MOT equivalent) again. No advisories

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Awesome 👍one more 166 lives to fight another year!

Reactions: Pomeo and Mufasa

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Awesome 👍one more 166 lives to fight another year!
It was 10 years in hibernation is a previous owner's care.
Still only 45K miles on it.
My 3.0V6 is in hibernation in my care till I can afford to lavish the love it requires

·
Registered
951 Posts
Taking her a drive to the swimming pool. Got her MoT'd on n Tuesday gone and even managed to enter the radio code despite a very dim ICS.

She has done 20 miles since Mot in 2020....

She has also had a localised polish where there were a few blemishes.....

Still stirs the soul in a way the Stelvio simply can't.....

·
Registered
10,986 Posts
Took TIa for a blast along the motorway to keep battery topped up and got a wave from a driver in a black 147 M74 Sbnd near the Raith interchange. I can recal the last one which was from a fellow 166er near Drumnadrochit years ago which ended upo at Chicks at CM Garage at EK.

No overheating in a queue of traffic the day but blew cool air .Checked heater hoses and both HOT ...Guess Ive forgotten how to read the guages and controls.

After 2 mins the flickering ICS discplay like a field collapse in the auld tellies.

Oh and the old Krypton Factor locking the car. The locks are like The Grand Old Duke of York.
1 Even showed it was locked but it wisnae. Always worth the checking. Dont know why coz no one would steal it.🤣

Pomeo

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
..got the 164 TB back on the road at last. I have a couple of odds and ends to sort out, but she's running better than she has in years.. man they are lovely cars :)

101 - 120 of 129 Posts