Alfa Romeo Forum banner

What have you done to your Alfa 164/166 today?

22524 Views 230 Replies 33 Participants Last post by  David P
?
41 - 60 of 231 Posts

· Registered
6,137 Posts
It's Grigio Geo Pomie - some sort of posh grey.
Great to hear from you again!

Reactions: Pomeo

· Registered
11,058 Posts
Washed Lucy today as she has basically sat at the end of the road since her last MOT aroon 18 months ago .Had charged her battery a few months ago and left the earth lead disconnected when I found a dodgy battery connection. Changed this then and on connection today fired up at first kick of the ignition. Its dead embarrassing still driving about with a "pink wing" ;rofl: ;wink; but that lovely metallic black shine on the rest of the car is just stunning. Took a fotie and she is so braw furra 20 year old motor next year. So I'm gonna ,like the Queen celebrate hur twa burfdays next year .
Her Date of manufacture as per eper and her date of first registration in the UK .
IF another lockdown will she get another MOT extension.
I'd rather get her tested as driving her today she's jist like Mary Poppins . Practically Perfect in Every Way.
No bad for a £690 car bough around 8 years ago and no major issues at MOT time with her.
I recal thon reporter who said its the car you buy with your heart and not your head and you better have deep pockets.
How wrong he is/was. AND I only bought her to get the G3 satty navvy.

Pomeo

· Registered
1,026 Posts
Still cant get the gear lknob to stay on....might have to give that sugro stuff a go. Can't believe the price of a new knob

· Registered
6,137 Posts
Brought home another 166.
So I'm up to 6 including parts donor and track car.
This is one is a 2000 2.5 Sportronic with 43,000 miles on it.
Has been SORNed for 8/9 years....

· Registered
11,058 Posts
😉 smiley "How do you find the 2.5 wrt the 3.0 or nooadays the 3.2 Bussos." 🤣
Onyways That was the long weekend that was.
The exhaust mustapha bean Bruce Springsteen's Cat

"I tell you this boy" String semmit or no string semmit that cat was Tougher than the rest
OR dimentia prohibits Total Recal of how hard it was.
THEN when lying on my prayer mat (Oh didn't they do well at the weekend) Stu the Blue disney watch then ony mare but buys on the Now for sharing.back to the mat Eye spies wie my little eye the rear anti roll bar bush. Methinks that looks dead easy must find Ken's post about the quick fix as In thinks ive rear and front rubbers but the bracket looks shabby . Just looked at Kens Fred and eper The difficult side is the pertol cap side as the nearside looks shoot in BUT thats whats got me in this mess in the first place. Doing Lucys up and over the petrol tank brake [pipes as Ive always been meaning to fix the one I paid for to save me getting my hands dirty.NOW I NEED A DRY DAY. Should have dun it in the Summertime but didnt
I recalk recently someone on here said aroon 70 the jobs you did with your eyes shut now takes a lot longer .

Im really gonna have to go to specsavers and boot hearing

Getting a real slippery slope
Any way whats the JAckanory about your latest capture :lol: and its no a Renault 🤣

Pomeo
:yikes: Pomeo and Lacey have been around that time anaw How time flies.Gone in an instant.

· Registered
6,137 Posts
I wanted auto Pomie as I've come to the conclusion that my hip and low back don't like anything but the lightest of clutches. It needs fettling but is a very decent base for a nice cruiser....

· Registered
Alfa 166 Ti, Giulietta Veloce
557 Posts
Well, I mopped up more water out the car today after the recent wet weather. Can see that being a daily occurence for the foreseeable future

· Registered
6,137 Posts
Well, I mopped up more water out the car today after the recent wet weather. Can see that being a daily occurence for the foreseeable future
Sorry for your troubles Scotty

Reactions: Scott1974T

· Registered
557 Posts
That's alright. Hopefully it's just a blocked drain. Certainly smells like it, the water is brown and rancid

Reactions: Mufasa

· Registered
11,058 Posts
That's alright. Hopefully it's just a blocked drain. Certainly smells like it, the water is brown and rancid
Just seen you were parked on the level.
The MAIN DRAIN is in the centre of the car just behind the firewall.
Apparently you can get it from underneath IF you locate the rubber hose bit. I've never been able to locate this from underneath
Pomeo

· Registered
557 Posts
Yep, parked on the level. Can you access it from the top if you strip all the gubbins out from the scuttle?

· Registered
6,137 Posts
Just seen you were parked on the level.
The MAIN DRAIN is in the centre of the car just behind the firewall.
Apparently you can get it from underneath IF you locate the rubber hose bit. I've never been able to locate this from underneath
Pomeo
Goodness Pomie have you been drinking? You're posting in proper English! :LOL:

· Registered
11,058 Posts
Goodness Pomie have you been drinking? You're posting in proper English! :LOL:
Mustapha bean the bump on the heid when Lucy fell on me last week after a pure condom moment.
Boy was I lucky. That must be my 8 lives used up.
Spent the last two days limbo dancing unner the jack bricks agin doing the front in and oot those dudty blebells that go to the ABS unit and the when finishing I saw the bunnet is no sitting right. nay brakes and Lacey stopped her. BUT looks like a no go.
As the two Ronnies used to say it goodnight from me and goodnight from him. I am hanging up my spanners.
End of the road for me . It's been fun but I need to learn when to call it a day.

Still one pipe to do but each job is getting harder and jist no up to it no more.

Good luck to you all. She has said they have to go and now RELUCTANTLY I caved in. Will still have TIa till next September then it goodnight romeo or is it Pomeo

Pomeo

· Registered
557 Posts
Aye, working in the driveway can be dangerous all right. Just glad you survived that one, sounds like a very close call.

41 - 60 of 231 Posts