Alfa Romeo Forum banner
5661 - 5670 of 5670 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I'm very interested in this...how do you add bluetooth to the standard 156 head unit?
Don't know if the 156 headunit is similar but I used a Connects2 Bluetooth module which connected into the unused cd changer plug at the back of the unit in my 147. It works very well with calls and playing music. There is still some control also via the steering wheel buttons for next track etc.
Of course other types of bluetooth module are available.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I bought this seat for another Alfa project, but that's still an age away from completion. So I decided to stick it in my 147 and see how I get on with it....
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering wheel Window

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Yesterday, but lacked time to write it up.

Busy preparing the exhaust side of the TS head to refit its welded and straightened manifold, scraping off the RTV put there by others prior. Dropped the Stanley blade I was using to scrape/pick. It “posted” itself down behind the AC compressor bracket. Wasn’t going to leave it there in case it jiggled out and sliced up the auxiliary belt, so had to do a bunch more dismantling until the blade dropped out, then reassemble.

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo 156, 1.6 TS, 1999, AR67601
21 Posts
I replaced the factory speakers of my 1999 alfa 156 with the Alpine 1725s speakers...and disconnected the factory tweeters (redundant since the new speakers have them embedded)

But one issue persists, which I thought was due to the previous speakers being burned out...
...when I listen to 2channel coded mp3s, all audio is sent to the passenger speaker (my car is LHD), while the speaker on the driver's side picks up a miniscule noise you can only hear by placing your ear next to the speaker.

When I put on the radio, the speakers work great...
...this happened before replacing the original speakers & disconnecting the tweeters, I just thought they were the problem.

I haven't tried with the CD yet.

Any ideas?

(This is a 2nd hand car, it came with a chinese/turkish aftermarket F&U CD-3615 sound unit, so I don't know how it's been wired, if that could be an issue)

·
Registered
671 Posts
Took the GT JTD on a track day (where Diesel really belongs lmao :LOL:)
- Bone stock, with new Michelin Pilot Sport 5 tyres. Really nice experience and mostly importantly, the car survived with no issues. :cool:
Oil burners can be great fun on the track, most especially because for most people that's not where they belong! On a short circuit though with no long straights they'll more than hold their own. As the old adage says 'horsepower wins sales but torque wins races'. :)

·
Registered
671 Posts
Removed the NS sill trim and plumbed the pos cable through ready for relocating the battery. While it was all apart I took the opportunity to squirt Bilt Hamber in to all the box sections and sill interior. Need to find a suitable grommet in the NS bulkhead next, but that can wait for another day.

5661 - 5670 of 5670 Posts