Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS 2007
5,518 Posts
Have you read this?

·
Registered
Alfa Gt 1.9 jtdm
14 Posts
Yeah. And seems that sound was combination of parcel shelf and third brake light. I have put sound deading material on third brake light inside, rubber window seal strip under shelf and also pieces of thin rubber in clips in which shelf rotates, silicone spray on clips also. Seems that damn noise is gone for now:cool:.

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS 2007
5,518 Posts
Have you still got the little rubber boots that are fitted on the studs which fit in the clips?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Changed the nearside inboard driveshaft gaiter – for the second time in as many years. I can’t blame the gaiter though, there’s no sign of perishing on it, just a half inch long cutout. I think it must have happened when I heard a load metallic impact under the car a few days ago, something must have been thrown up by the tyre, bounced off a bit of chassis and punched a hole in my gaiter. Given that I have the undertray fitted the gaiter is quite well protected: what are the chances! Anyhow, I’m getting better at this job now thanks to some unwanted practice: about two hours.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Tried starting it, and failed... Apparently expecting a less then week old car battery to be at more then ~6v after 3 days of sitting idle is too much to ask.... 🤬

Now im back to the hypothesis that it wasnt weather that did the old one in, but the shop bollocksed something up hooking up the radio, creating a current leak... will be giving them a call ASAP and looking up honda civics in the meantime.

EDIT: gave em a call, will be swinging by them tomorrow so they can check what is going on and if something is leaking. Still quite annoyed TBH

·
Registered
291 Posts
@botasky My word man, that is proper work, should end up being a very nice car to hoon about in.

On the topic of my GT eletricity problems, whilst the guys at the garage are checking it out tomorrow, ill be giving one of their for sale cars a look over, an 08 1.4 NA mito. Looks nice enough on the pictures, and on paper it should do what i want it to, and i expect a lot more economical then the GT, so i might just make another car swap.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Went to the shop, there is indeed a current leak somewhere in the GT

While they looked the car over, i had a test drive in a white 78hp mito, and i liked it enough to strike a deal, so next tuesday i will be swapping a 240hp GT for a ~80hp mito

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Visited the local garage for an MOT... A Pass which is always nice... (y)

Quite surprised by the emissions There I was thinking V6s would be all filthy then it goes and blows 44ppm on hydrocarbons (max 200) and 0.031 on the CO % (max 0.300). But I suppose that is filthy by today's Euro6 or whatever it is now... Chuffed nonetheless :)

Attachments

Reactions: paul.o

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,489 Posts
Went to Oulton Park today for some 750MC racing, including the Alfa Romeo championship. Was a bit wet and my wiper linkage decided that a relatively heavy shower on the M6 was a good time to give up transferring motion from the motor to the wiper arms. Yeah, thanks for that 🙄

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS 2007
5,518 Posts
Hope its something simple...

·
63,489 Posts
New motor and linkage seems to be the winner. Arms move freely and independently, motor still spins and power still getting there via the stalk

·
Registered
3,095 Posts

·
63,489 Posts
I’ll have a look at a repair when i get the old linkage off. I’ll pass on your used option if you don’t mind. I’m not saying it will but I’m a bit loathe to spend money on a quick fix only for the same thing to happen another month down the line

·
Registered
291 Posts
I’ll have a look at a repair when i get the old linkage off. I’ll pass on your used option if you don’t mind. I’m not saying it will but I’m a bit loathe to spend money on a quick fix only for the same thing to happen another month down the line
I 100% get that, but when the plastic bushing on my previous GT broke, used was a ~€80 option, a new linkage assembly was €280, i rolled the dice on that one, and the used linkage held up for the rest of my ownership.

Off course sample size = 1 means no useful data to reach any conclusion, but the prices on the new part are quite ridiculous imho (as in, why the hell is the whole thing 1 part?)

·
Registered
44 Posts

Parting out of parts car 156 continues.

So far as timing belt change on the Sportwagon I like to think I'm near the end.

Parts should just be camshaft seals, valve cover gaskets and auxiliary belt tensioner and idler pulley.

Tools I still need are camshaft holder tool, cam shaft lock tools, tdc tools, tensioner tool and that should be it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Amazing! I don't think I've ever seen a car with the support section still there, the one if front of the wheel. I thought they were just a myth, like dragons and wizards. I think someone in the UK was making them in s/s.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Amazing! I don't think I've ever seen a car with the support section still there, the one if front of the wheel. I thought they were just a myth, like dragons and wizards. I think someone in the UK was making them in s/s.
Haha. While my sportwagon had 3 rust holes under the windscreen cowl, this silver sedan has zilch rust so far.

I had noticed in videos I've seen from the UK that the support section you mention tends to get ruined by rust.

My thinking was that I should offer them to any poms on here for cheap plus postage from Australia.

Also a heads up for a dude on ebay from Greece. Has a bunch of odds and ends for older alfas. eborion_1 on eBay

4721 - 4740 of 4763 Posts