Alfa Romeo Forum banner

4561 - 4580 of 4592 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm not doing the rear ones, they are in good shape, the front ones are causing vibration when I brake, that's the main reason. If everything goes well I'll also later update the rear ones with Brembo.
I bought something like a press for the calipers to make it easier. I don't know the name in English. :LOL:

I'll do the work at a DIY garage that rents the space with lift and tools, even proper space for paint jobs, really any kind of job that a garage can do. Here in Switzerland it's difficult to have the right space for that at home(and of course you have to follow a lot of rules if you live on a rental home)...there are a lot off mechanics around if I need advice, but I'm totally confident! I'll maybe ask them about the spark plugs.
Thanks for the advices 👍
Yeah, i mean the press tool to push the calipers back in, makes it a lot easier then without.

And at a DIY shop you will be 100% fine, i do my brakes in front of my house/in the garage with a jack/axle stand, and did it without help the first time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yeah, i mean the press tool to push the calipers back in, makes it a lot easier then without.

And at a DIY shop you will be 100% fine, i do my brakes in front of my house/in the garage with a jack/axle stand, and did it without help the first time.
Job done! And what a proud I feel for doing that :D . With patience and the right tools it's a piece of cake.
Sad that the guy where I bought the car screw the bolts with the air pistol! We had to cut the Bolt that is holding the brake disk on both sides.
Beside that everything went well and I saved some more 450€!!
Thank you everybody for the advices 👍

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS
5,249 Posts
I will be ordering some new front and rear transversal arms on Monday and will have them fitted at the same time with the front inner and outer track rods in the next week or two. That just leaves the rear trailing arms and all the suspension will have then be changed over in the last year and a half. I will start on the bodywork most likely back end of the year / next year.

·
Registered
57 Posts
What with my job and having a 2 year old, work on the Gta is sporadic to say the least but over the last couple of weeks and hopefully in a week or two's time, I will have...

Changed the radiator, fitted a new lower rad stainless pipe, fitted a new oem expansion tank, changed the air filter, re attached a side moulding ( it has started to come away at the wheel arch behind the front wheel ), changed the front bank cam cover gasket and de rusted the inner front wheel arches !!

Wish I could spend more time on her, only done 1150 miles since last year too :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS
5,249 Posts
Not today but in the future, I want to respray the wheels. I can not decide if to keep the colour finish the same or change them.

Has anybody done this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Evening. Very good to be here after waiting 40 years to justify to myself, buying an Alfa.
Today, put a deposit on a 1 owner 2006 147 1.9 jtd Special. 54k miles with FDSH. Red with a few blemishes which need sorting. For the money, a great buy....almost unbelievable in fact. Bought from a real enthusiast and a pleasure to do business with him. Pick up tomorrow! Thanks for having me join! :)
147.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Congrats on the purchase (y)

Reactions: maxiboy wales

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Bought it a nice little boot tidy to replace the old knackered one. Courtesy of Squadra Sportiva (Alfisti Ricambi). 👍
3C8C0E80-70B4-4660-8527-37E30C060E13.jpeg

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS
5,249 Posts
Fitted a K&N filter to the GT. I have always fitted them to my Lancia's and Alfa's. Replaced a 6-month OEM filter and the improvement in acceleration and pickup is greatly improved as expected.

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS
5,249 Posts
Well, I thought I had stopped buying things, then got a price reduction notice on a new bosch maf on Ebay I was watching. It started at £65.00 then the offer was £58, I sent a counteroffer of £50.00.

New maf coming from Portugal in the next week or so.....

·
Registered
222 Posts
Just visited one of my local indies, he's getting a GT V6 in today for sale, the add went up on saturday and i actually beat the car there :p It sounds good on paper, somewhat high miles at ~145k, but its had a revision in 2012-ish and has a pretty good history of being taken care of the last 8 years.

Also got a pretty decent quote on the JTS, so ill be back there for a test drive tomorrow, and if it lives up to the hype, ill be having some busso in my life.

4561 - 4580 of 4592 Posts