Alfa Romeo Forum banner

4521 - 4534 of 4534 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Both rear windows are slow and have a hard time getting back to the top.

I did watch a video on YouTube of a mechanic from the UK who did a bit of diagnosis.

The Bowden cable that comes out the bottom of the motor was looking a bit rusty. I ended up lubing everything and I got one window much improved.

Don't want to seal that door up again until I address a little more rust I found. Looks like the inside of the lower door bracket. I figure I can clear away what I can and then treat the area.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Don't want to seal that door up again until I address a little more rust I found. Looks like the inside of the lower door bracket. I figure I can clear away what I can and then treat the area.
I would give it a wire brush if you have one of the small ones that are about the same size as a toothbrush, or a scrape with a small file if you can reach.

Then apply some rust converter. Depending on the product you either can or don't have to prime afterwards. Then put on some top coat. Any colour really, no one is every going to look in there or just keep it with a primer.

You could also just remove the flaking paint, rust converter then put on fish oil or other sort of inhibitor.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ended up getting this from Bunnings Mike. Looks like the business and description sounds right for what I want from it. I'll give it a go this weekend. Plus I cleaned the sticky finish over the grab handle on that door so I'll be doing some vinyl painting too.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Went to put some fuel in my GT yesterday, first time since March.. Found the filler cap motor completey siezed solid 😂 Emergency red string got the door open for me without issue and I got the fuel in.

Drivers door mechanism was re-locking immediately after the remote unlock too, so that meachnism has gotten all stiff and started messing with the central locking too... Turns out if you barely use your car for 2 months, things start to stiffen up!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well....some lockdown restrictions have loosened a bit here I Ireland so I'm happy to report that all I did to my GT today was drive the balls off it.....😁

·
Registered
15 Posts
Washed the car (again), switched the roof antenna with the shark antenna, stuck on the doors the edge guards 😒 don't like them that much but will stay there for now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Finally some parts rolled in. Got one corner of rotor and pads changed out. Hot dang the caliper bracket bolts were on there. Looked like factory Loctite. Never seen a lip so deep on the old rotors, so could of been the originals.

So three to go. Hoping rear rotors show up soon. Found a lot of play in the lower wishbone where it connects to the hub. Surprised to find ARB link wasn't stuffed.

Attachments

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS
5,166 Posts
Steam cleaned all air vents and also used an air con bacteria spray. Polished the boot metal trims with a silver cleaning cloth. Ordered some new gear lever and handbrake gaiters in leather to match the colour of the interior leather.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My summer rims were a bit damaged and I should have already put them in the car, but I wanted to fix them first.

So, this last 2 days I kicked my laziness away and went to the shop to buy some sandpaper, some filler, primer and spray cans for them!

Material I used:
  • 80 grit sandpaper
  • 600 grit sandpaper
  • 800 grit sandpaper
  • Aluminium filler
  • Isopropilic Alcool
  • Water/Soap
  • Paper Towels
  • 2 x White primer Spray
  • 2 x Dark metallic grey Spray
I tried to follow the ChrisFix tutorial from YouTube and it turned out very good for someone who never did such a job.

Even that I don't have the perfect place to do it, the wind today was also not so friendly and turned out to bring some little dust on my paint work, but barely seen with naked eye .

I'll see the next days but maybe I'll buy some clear coat to better seal the paint, but I don't want them to be any more shiny.

So less talk and more photos, I'll leave them here for you to see...Damn I'm so happy with the result !!!

SANDING

FILLER

APPLYING PRIMER/SANDING WITH 600Grit

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS
5,166 Posts
Need to do my wheels, hope they look as good as yours when done. Did you use the 800 grit?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Need to do my wheels, hope they look as good as yours when done. Did you use the 800 grit?
Yes, but it was like an extra because the 600 grit does the job pretty good, I only used the 800 to wet sand the primer to make a smoother surface.

Im not a fan of that style of wheel, but damn that paint looks good.
Thanks!!
Me neither, but the cat came with this set for the summer and the original ones for the winter.
I always loved the O.Z style like "Ultraleggera", but the money doesn't stretch :LOL:

Let's see how they look like next week with the Yokohama AE51 tyres I ordered...I had Yokohama before on my Lancer Ralliart and they were pretty good for a car with 240hp, of course when comparing to the Michelin PS4 they were far behind, but for the price I really liked them and now Im more into soft driving and enjoying my Alfa :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Damn Borges, nice work there.

Did my oil change tonight. Keep finding wesfil filters in this thing, so the cheapest crap around. The old fuel was black and smelled foul, like rotten fuel and oil. Read bad.

Put a purflux oil filter and castrol supercar 10w 60 oil in it. Most expensive oil I've ever bought and must be the first Made in Austria oil I've bought too. Now ofcourse on sale at another store here in Australia at almost half price (super cheap auto), so I'll get some more.

Hot dang it is hard to see the level on that dipstick.

4521 - 4534 of 4534 Posts