Alfa Romeo Forum banner

4441 - 4458 of 4458 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.8TS
326 Posts
Oil and filter change - and summer wheels installed.
Unfortunately not my usual, white 17" as one of them had gotten a pretty nasty bump (though still holding air). They been replaced with another set of 16" teledials with a decent set of Rainsport 3s fitted - that I just picked up for 100£!

·
Registered
5 Posts
putting the new engine today. After testing i can lead to race porting or port polishing thecyl. head and changing the whole exhaust and ecu remaping. Sucks that there are very few 2.5 Busso in Turkey. And the ones are really messed up and good ones are requesting a fortune.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Manky 156 bonnet catch. couldn't open the bonnet without difficulty,strip down,derust,repaint,regrease,refit , easy enough apart from the left hand and bottom bolts snapped removing them :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Look nice, any tips on doing this job?
Yes, first I put the headlights in the oven at 80°C for about 10-20 minutes. Then I was able to get the glass loose without any tools.
It´s recommend to have some patience when you take them apart, if it´s not working put it in the oven again and try again after 10 minutes.
When have the "glass" and rest of the headlight apart watch out for touching the reflectors, you can´t touch them at all because the chrome will go away.
I just used matt black plasti dip to black out the chromed part and I also cleaned and detailed my glasses with a tough compound to get them as new again, both inside and outside.
Then it´s just to glue them together again after you cleaned the old sealant, I used black MS Polymersealer to glue the glass back.
Thats pretty much it.

·
Registered
326 Posts
New interior (again) - from grey leather when I got the car, to green velour - and now, nice subtle grey/black. Still need to do door trims as you can see.

Also fitted a pair of Hertz ML1600 to my rear doors - bought them on black Friday, so it was about time..!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Removed the foil glue of windows from the previous owner and started cleaning a little bit the engine cover. Due to the cold, I stopped and will resume on the weekend if the weather is a bit better (currently 3 degrees and windy)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Car passed MOT..........
Ditto :) Finally got round to replacing number plate bulb (thanks to this forum for how to get the holder out), put the GT in for MOT and passed with only a rear tyre tread depth as advisory...well pleased :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Subframe off to install Powerflex on the ARB - and new lower suspension arms to follow. Subframe off yesterday, refitted today. Hopefully finishing off the project tomorrow with final bits an pieces.

4441 - 4458 of 4458 Posts